First Son
13 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Hi! I'm new to these forums, but I used to regularly sneak peek at 'em for some time. I'm here to thank the excellent work done by Mermaid-KT. Thanks to her awesome walkthru, I have been finally able to complete my fossil collection today with relatively little spending! After months of digging, I'm totally done! THANK YOU, MERMAID-KT! With people like you Home will live on for a long time!

PS: One thing that I've noticed is when you are faithful to just one platform in the Fossil Digging Game, it seems missing fossils will appear more often. I really don't know whether it's only my impression or not.

Message 791 of 828 (401 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Hi Will, thankyou so much for your kind words and such a nice first post, and I'm really pleased you found the guide useful.

Congratulation as well for completing your Museum, although like many of us, I wouldn't be surprised if you start to miss that little routine of your daily digs. I know I do, and even now I still go back every so often to do a few more digs, if only to help get my Tropical Points up!

But for now, enjoy your Museum, you earnt it Smiley Happy

Oh, and welcome to the Forums, I hope you stay around to post some more Smiley Happy
Message 792 of 828 (377 Views)
Sackboy
587 posts

Jun 19, 2013

What about these new fossils that are showing up that have no relation to any of the ones described on page 1? I still can't get the right front leg of the T-Rex byt the secret site is all I have left.

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 793 of 828 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jun 19, 2013
New fossils? Please could you expand a little?

I know that I have pictures in the guide to show every fossil you can find but I'm certainly not aware, or heard of, any new fossils arriving.

I'll do a check when I next sign I'm to see if I still have the same completed message, but please explain in a bit more detail what it is you have found. Thankyou,
Message 794 of 828 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

KemetMan72-_ wrote:

What about these new fossils that are showing up that have no relation to any of the ones described on page 1? I still can't get the right front leg of the T-Rex byt the secret site is all I have left.

Kemet - I checked my fossil list. The T-Rex only has two legs, left hind leg and right hind leg. I believe you are missing the the following:

TYRANNOSAURUS

Dino Tyrannosaurus.jpg

5.     Right Hind Leg  (4) (XL)

There is no right front leg for T-Rex.

Also, I understand your frustration ... the ONLY fossil I'm still missing is the Left Wing of the Pteranodon in the paid site. I have been at this fossil game since its inclusion last year. That is the ONLY reward I'm missing - I'd like to be done with this place. Smiley Frustrated

Message 795 of 828 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Keep at it guys, you will get all the fossils eventually. In fact, I just found my last one yesterday. Now for your amusement, I present the following:

"Welcome friend, to my Fossil Museum."

"Excavation King you say? No, I am merely a purveyor of curiosities."

"Ah, good eye! Yes, these are from Irem Square and Seaside of Memories. The museum seemed an appropriate place to put then, wouldn't you say?"

"This little fellow? Just a companion I picked up during my travels."

"Lockwood Publishing? Cloning? I wouldn't know of such things. I can assure you that if those activities were going on, they wouldn't be getting their fossils from here. We have an exclusive deal to provide our duplicate fossils to Granzella."

(*looks nervously at half full warehouse of fossils in unmarked boxes)

"In any case, if I were involved with such activities, I certainly wouldn't make the same mistake those Jurassic Park boys did."

"Oh my! Would you excuse me for a moment?"

(*flees museum)

Well, I still have a few earrings left to find so I'll still be visiting the island from time to time but it looks like my digging days are over.

First fossil: 3/17/12

Last fossil: 6/18/13

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 796 of 828 (315 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

w00t Ren - Congrats! Smiley Very Happy I'm debating on whether 6 tix is enough to get me that blasted Pteranodon wing or if I should ere on the safe side and get a packet of 30 GZ tix more ... too bad people can't gift GZ tix to friends, huh? Smiley Tongue

Message 797 of 828 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jun 19, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

w00t Ren - Congrats! Smiley Very Happy I'm debating on whether 6 tix is enough to get me that blasted Pteranodon wing or if I should ere on the safe side and get a packet of 30 GZ tix more ... too bad people can't gift GZ tix to friends, huh? Smiley Tongue

Thanks! I would try the six tickets you already have first, you might get lucky and you can always buy more tickets later. Smiley Happy

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 798 of 828 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

OMG - OK... on a whim, I figure I would go after that most elusive of fossils (to me at least), the Left Wing of the Pteranodon. I even went so far as to purchase, on the off-chance, a bundle of 30 more GZ tickets in case the six remaining tickets did not produce the missing fossil (insurance as it were). Good thing I did too ... I spent half of the new batch - to put the odds in my favors.

So I dug here and there every day, only hitting the paid site three times a day because that wing was only found there (plus the appraisers noted that I already dug all the fossils I could find in both the normal rock wall and secret excavation site). I let my clod list build until I finally went to the Lady appraiser tonight.

I burned through the first 18 clods from those last six tickets - nada. Now I'm into the clods I got with the first 15 tickets, crossing my fingers. I got rid of anything that was NOT a large or extra large. Then I went though my larges ... and lo, and behold, you could say a miracle happened. Remember that discussion about Two-fers ... getting two fossils in one clod? I never though this would happen, but it did ... I was turning in the third to last Large in my clod list, which gave me a fossil I already had (no big whoop), but then the Lady told me I had another fossil:

IMG_5743.JPG

Yep, ladies and gents, my two-fer was my missing fossil. I couldn't believe it ... EPIC WIN!!! Smiley Very Happy

So, for now, until GZ decides to add more fossils to the Fossil Digging game, this Bunny's done digging in the dirt. Thanks to Mermaid-KT, Joanna_Dark_, Ren_Echo, and all of you for your help in this endeavour! Smiley LOL

1st Fossil - 3/16/12 - Trilobite Head

Last Fossil - 7/7/13 (10:17pm ET) - Pteranodon (Left Wing)

Message 799 of 828 (200 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Congratulations GB! Smiley Happy So happy for you! 

Message 800 of 828 (193 Views)
0 Likes