Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
34051 posts

Re: HCVs (status update!)

Jun 25, 2010

Jersquall wrote:

kudo's started out being a good idea. They were to direct attention to users who made a good post. In home general this would also include post that were helpful to the home users. Somewhere along the way they became a terrible fixture to the forums. You know why? Because users didn't use them as intended. As far as those with the most kudo's being picked as new HCVs. . . most likely some of you are partially right. I'm sure Some of the new HCVs hardly ever post here. Some might not post here at all. is this all just my assumption? Yes it it because I do not know who all the new HCVs are and neither do you.

seriously.

and now kudos are being used as a voting method for polls...

this forum is the primary reason why the kudos system failed.

Message 141 of 362 (28 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
401 posts

Jun 25, 2010

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

kudo's started out being a good idea. They were to direct attention to users who made a good post. In home general this would also include post that were helpful to the home users. Somewhere along the way they became a terrible fixture to the forums. You know why? Because users didn't use them as intended. As far as those with the most kudo's being picked as new HCVs. . . most likely some of you are partially right. I'm sure Some of the new HCVs hardly ever post here. Some might not post here at all. is this all just my assumption? Yes it it because I do not know who all the new HCVs are and neither do you.

seriously.

Im confused.  So if I really really liked your last, Se, should I kudos you or not? 

Photobucket
Message 142 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Jun 25, 2010

Mama_Selena wrote:

Here a shocker all the poeple in formus that have top kudos will became HCV oh i didnt see that coming never

Well that may be a shocker but what isnt a shock is that you are straight up hatin, Jersquall is the flyest dude to me on Home and I am glad he is an HCV. Its nice to have an opinion but you are just straight up hatin man, and yes their are some HCVs I dont like at all, to me some kiss up alot. and some are laid back and do their own thing.

T.A.G President
Message 143 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29271 posts

Jun 25, 2010

It's going to be interesting to see all the comments once the new HCV's are announced. This thread is interesting enough given some can't even seem to wait for the announcement.

Message 144 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 25, 2010

Jersquall wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - someone knows something - muahahahahahahaha.

And to Narde - How do you know that wasn't me in the cubicle next to you?  Oh - and what in the heck DID YOU HAVE FOR LUNCH?!?!?!?!?!

JPConway

Message 145 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2254 posts

Jun 25, 2010

wookingtons wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

seriously.

Im confused.  So if I really really liked your last, Se, should I kudos you or not? 

Proposed solution to meaningless kudos.

Ba ha haaa

GISignature
Message 146 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2254 posts

Jun 26, 2010

All joking aside, the kudos do draw attention to "popular" posts and/or replies.

Am quite certain HCMs are capable of discerning the substantial from the fluff and the filler.

GISignature
Message 147 of 362 (28 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Jun 26, 2010

jordanm13 wrote:

Mama_Selena wrote:

Here a shocker all the poeple in formus that have top kudos will became HCV oh i didnt see that coming never

Well that may be a shocker but what isnt a shock is that you are straight up hatin, Jersquall is the flyest dude to me on Home and I am glad he is an HCV. 

I respectfully disagree with that opinion but you're entitled to your own.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 148 of 362 (28 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 26, 2010

So many ideas being tossed out and about. All in all, I see it the best way to know how they were chosen is to wait until the next batch is announced. Once we know who's been chosen, we'll know the person and perhaps have a good idea of why they were chosen. Until then, we just brainstorm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 149 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Jun 26, 2010
I think I remember that they said there would be a interview process, though I am not quite sure. Well just have to wait and see. I mean we have already waited enough that we should be used to it.
Best regards,
Chris

photo Natsu-Banner PSN V 2_zpsbfnslgcs.png
Sigs
Message 150 of 362 (28 Views)
0 Likes