Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: HCVs (status update!)

Jun 26, 2010

Seems to me if you're a finalist you would have been interviewed so for those who have they should at least know they are in the running. Given the process is ongoing that doesn't mean they've talked to everyone who is under consideration.

Message 151 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jun 26, 2010

nosdrugis wrote:

All joking aside, the kudos do draw attention to "popular" posts and/or replies.

Am quite certain HCMs are capable of discerning the substantial from the fluff and the filler.

the sad thing is, the Home forum is only 1 of many forums on the PlayStation Boards; yet about 80% of all kudos are given here thus rendering any actually kudos given out to other posts kinda useless.

how is someone supposed to find a honest helpfull post if someone on the Home forum has 300 kudos for posting a picture of their avatar dressed as a spaceman?

"Please keep in mind that Kudos should only be given to content that is helpful, insightful, or otherwise outstanding. Kudos should not be given “just for fun” or “just because”. Additionally, members should not attempt to solicit others for Kudos. Doing so could result in disciplinary actions.  If someone asks you to Kudo their message, please notify a member of the Moderating Team. The integrity of the Kudos system relies entirely on those that give Kudos. In order to keep the Kudos system meaningful, please use it appropriately."

*sigh*

Message 152 of 362 (13 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 26, 2010

Thankfully kudo's are not a deciding factor in the picking of the HCVs huh?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 153 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jun 26, 2010

Jersquall wrote:

not like it would matter much though.

seeing how those with the most kudos here are either HCMs, people who are already HCVs, or people who would make good HCVs.

Message 154 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 27, 2010

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

seeing how those with the most kudos here are either HCMs, people who are already HCVs, or people who would make good HCVs.

Kudo's are a waste of time - in my opinion.  Its not like friends don't kudo's friends postings - its a natural thing for Humans to do that - and I see nothing wrong with that - it's a form of recognition that - let's be honest - everyone wants one (or more)  - that includes even me.  I Kudo's posting that make me think - laugh - cry - sigh - have a true emotional responses.  To me someone that made me have any response - good or bad - should get Kudo's.

But - to think that the HCV's are supposedly picked by Kudo count - Come on - who want's to even think like that?  The majority of the posters here - who have replied/commented/created a posting/thread - knows that.  If you believe differently - then either you are a new citizen of our famous forums  - or you are blinding yourself.

The HCM's - GW - know how the forums work - they can be quiet - but they are not "blind" .

JPConway

Message 155 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 27, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I have a better idea. Do away with them. They aren't needed. They had them on the EU board and they did away with them. I'd be the first to vote for their removal. I'm sure the HCM's are more interested in the content of what people post than any other measure. Seems to me too many people worry about this selection process and who is going to be picked.

As much as you are gonna rag on me for this - I do wish you had applied Ms J.  I know your schedule is full - but in my opinion - and yes - Ms J and I are friends - you would make one heck of an HCV.  You really do keep your finger on the pulse of Home.

You do more for the forums than most.  And I am not singing her praises cause she is my friend.  Joanna D has more (insert your own word but keep it clean) than a lot do.   Between her very popular thread on fashion - and her constant updating of the forums for info that most of us don't even know about - She still takes the time to visit her friends - makes sure that they are doing okay.

A vote for Joanna D - is a vote in the right direction - (dang I wish we could vote for the new HCV's) - but that would just get us into more trouble. And Ms J has a busy/hectic schedule 

JPConway

Message 156 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 27, 2010

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I have a better idea. Do away with them. They aren't needed. They had them on the EU board and they did away with them. I'd be the first to vote for their removal. I'm sure the HCM's are more interested in the content of what people post than any other measure. Seems to me too many people worry about this selection process and who is going to be picked.

It also seems to me that some here are all to willing to think the selection process isn't one that uses judgement on the part of the HCM's. This popularity high school drama mentality gets pretty old after awhile.

Message 157 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 27, 2010

SpyDudeFX wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the roster but decided not to think about it too much. It sounds like GW was very thorough in the selection process. I expect it will be a diverse wave that includes prolific forumers and some "new" names too.

Absolutely, You can also blame the delay of the announcement on E3 and a very heavy workload on Glasswalls this last week. Hopefully this coming week is favorable. This is why they never put a set date to these things.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 158 of 362 (13 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Jun 27, 2010

Looking forward to seeing the roster but decided not to think about it too much. It sounds like GW was very thorough in the selection process. I expect it will be a diverse wave that includes prolific forumers and some "new" names too.

Message 159 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28894 posts

Jun 27, 2010

Jersquall wrote:

This is why they never put a set date to these things.

I thought that was obvious. Anyway, looking forward to the new HCVs. It's going to be awesome.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 160 of 362 (13 Views)
0 Likes