Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Re: Home 1.80 Update - Some really promising new changes!

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Like i said on the EU Home forums i have nothing to hide but it would be nice if the option of inspecting someone else inventory has a privacy setting that only your friends can check what you are wearing

Why?   What harm is it for others to know what the items someone is using are and how to get them?  Why would you not want others to know this, other than your friends?

Frankly, I'm glad they are adding this as it will end some of the elitist high school attitudes some people in Home have regarding how they got some of their items.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 70 (568 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

I suspect ISE content that one might be wearing would simply show "not localized". That would also apply to rewards legally received by visiting friends personal spaces in other regions. 

I don't know why another user knowing that I'm wearing Peakvox legging/shorts and Lockwood shoes and a GZ tube top would matter to me. Many of us know what they are anyway although I was at an club event yesterday evening and a friend there had a really cute outfit on that I didn't recognize. I would have loved to have had that ability to find out where it was from. 

Message 12 of 70 (562 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Like i said on the EU Home forums i have nothing to hide but it would be nice if the option of inspecting someone else inventory has a privacy setting that only your friends can check what you are wearing

Why would you care if people know what you're wearing. I don't see that a big issue at all. 

Yea this should help w/ ppl finding out instead of asking the person to go into their warbrobe & get the store info.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 70 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Why would you care if people know what you're wearing. I don't see that a big issue at all. 

I know right.. Unless people have something to hide?

Anyway I can't count the number of times I have asked someone where they bought a certain top or shoes and they refuse to tell me, now I can see for myself and go buy it without a big hassle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 70 (542 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

General Improvements

• A feature has been added to allow developers to choose what emotes they with to use with specific outfits. This gives developers more freedom when creating outfits as they do not have to ensure that every default emote can work.
  • Players you have interacted with as you journey through Home will be added to your Players Met list on the XMB.
  • It is now possible for the client to display user presence information on your Friends List that can show where or what you and your friends are playing while in Home.
  • Developers can now specify specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene so that you will always appear in the right place. 

A feature has been added to allow developers to choose what emotes they with to use with specific outfits:  This sounds really interesting, but also terribly vague.  When they say "more freedom when creating outfits" does this mean we will now have more avatar categories, like separate left and right hand item choices?  Hmmm - just not clear what this really means.

Players Met list (on Home) on the XMB: This could be really useful.  I know there are times I met someone in Home, we are talking and then *poof" get one of the many network errors that boots you out of Home or freezes your system, and thus the chat log is wiped out, and unless I remembered their exact PSN ID, I am unable to contact them.  Kudos for adding this!

Display user presence information on your Friends List:  This could be really useful.  Yes, it is a tad Big Brotherish, but then you have control over who is on your friends list.  Also, many online multiplayer games now display where in the game your friend's are in so you can decide if you want to join them or not more easily.  However, I also think they should include an option in our PS3 privacy settings that allow us to deactivate our activity info, as some might not want to advertise what they are doing.

Specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene:  I'm not exactly sure what this all means, but I will be curious to see how this is implemented and what it really will do.   

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 15 of 70 (516 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Like I said on the EU Home forums I have nothing to hide but it would be nice if the option of inspecting someone else inventory has a privacy setting that only your friends can check what you are wearing

I can see how this could make you feel like your privacy is being invaded and I think that is a very good idea.  As of right now we don't know how this feature will work, I mean what if this draws other avi's all day inspecting your outfit?  What if you find yourself being mobbed by people inspecting what your wearing?

We don't see the harm in it yet since we don't know how it will work, what if whenever you targeted another avi it started showing you what they are wearing?  I hope this is not the case since that would be annoying to me, I guess we would have to see how this works or how close do you needs to be, but it does seems a bit creepy if people just started hovering over me just to see what im am wearing.

Message 16 of 70 (499 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Apr 8, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

I know right.. Unless people have something to hide?

Anyway I can't count the number of times I have asked someone where they bought a certain top or shoes and they refuse to tell me, now I can see for myself and go buy it without a big hassle.

When I'm on my PS3 I'm usually wearing white socks and my whitie tighties. Whomever can see me is their problem.

Oh, and Target is my goto store for wardrobe.   Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 70 (471 Views)
Wastelander
696 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

One of the benefits I see with the Player Inspect is when you have the question as to where something was purchased, but the wearer chooses to either outright ignore or troll the person inquiring.

Message 18 of 70 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Ok so tell me this one? It tells us what there wearing and where to get it right?

OK, How about the people wearing ISE hacked item's? Is it gonna say those item's on them are ISE hacked items and where to get em' is go hack em' urself?  Now that's what i like to know?!?!?!?!?!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 19 of 70 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Ok so tell me this one? It tells us what there wearing and where to get it right?

OK, How about the people wearing ISE hacked item's? Is it gonna say those item's on them are ISE hacked items and where to get em' is go hack em' urself?  Now that's what i like to know?!?!?!?!?!

It'll say HACKER!! Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 70 (441 Views)