Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: Home 1.80 Update - Some really promising new changes!

Apr 8, 2013

Another one is It's shows say example... I'm wearing an Alternate SFIV costume.... Does it then tell the other users that the SFIV space was REMOVED and the Alternate SFIV costumes are Removed also from US Home?  Now that's what i like to Know?!?!?!?!?!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 21 of 70 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Ok so tell me this one? It tells us what there wearing and where to get it right?

OK, How about the people wearing ISE hacked item's? Is it gonna say those item's on them are ISE hacked items and where to get em' is go hack em' urself?  Now that's what i like to know?!?!?!?!?!

It'll say HACKER!! Smiley Wink

NOW that's More like it!  Now ur Talkin'  OH YEAH!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 22 of 70 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Apr 8, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Another one is It's shows say example... I'm wearing an Alternate SFIV costume.... Does it then tell the other users that the SFIV space was REMOVED and the Alternate SFIV costumes are Removed also from US Home?  Now that's what i like to Know?!?!?!?!?!

I would imagine something to the effect of "No longer available". =/

Message 23 of 70 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Apr 8, 2013
The majority of ISE items are just rewards that may or may not still be available. More than likely, the only ones that would be suspicious under inspection are out-of-region items. And most regular users already know how to spot those anyway. The rest will just probably look the same as the ones obtained normally.
castle3
Message 24 of 70 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Hopefully this new update will help a lot of people, including myself. Just hope no issues come with this...

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 25 of 70 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Apr 8, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene:  I'm not exactly sure what this all means, but I will be curious to see how this is implemented and what it really will do.   

I don't have any specifics on this, but it may be based on a developer request I made (and probably others as well).  If it is, it allows developers to specify spawn points within a space that are not meant to be used as general entry points. Currently when an invited player shows up, they show up at the closest spawn point to the owner. In the Mansion first floor there are four spawn points: 1) at the front door, 2) at the top of the stairs, 3&4) at the back doors. These were there to reflect all the ways you could enter the space from the other parts of the Mansion. We wanted to specify that invited players always appeared at the front door, but there was no way to do it. So invited players might show up at the back, for instance. It looks like this has now been addressed.

If I am right, the big win here is that games can now have more control about where you spawn. I am hoping this is what I think it is.

Message 26 of 70 (320 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:
 Specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene:  I'm not exactly sure what this all means, but I will be curious to see how this is implemented and what it really will do.    

The other day I followed a friend to Aurora and spawned on the Xi island instead of the entrance island. I assume that's because she happened to be on the XI island at the time. Perhaps it will work the same way when implemented in personal spaces. After being invited you would enter at the spawn point closest to your friend, a useful feature in large spaces. 

I don't normally get excited about updates but this one sounds pretty interesting even though some of it won't be in place for a while. At the very least, it shows that the Sony is thinking about the future. 

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 27 of 70 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Still no apartment storage -_- But hopefully these changes for faster updates means that in the future, if they add it, Home won't need to go down for 12 hours to implement it.

Also, I think all these new features, as well as the last core update, proves Home on PS3 is not going anywhere for the next couple of years, instead  of shutting down or stopping content updates shortly after the PS4 launch, as some people were/are thinking.

Message 28 of 70 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1572 posts

Apr 8, 2013

It is now possible for the client to display user presence information on your Friends List that can show where or what you and your friends are playing while in Home.

Is that via XMB or Home's friends list? If it's xmb, then awesome! This update sounds pretty good overall too.

Photobucket
| The Club of Champions | Five years & counting | @ClubofChampions
Message 29 of 70 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Still no apartment storage -_- But hopefully these changes for faster updates means that in the future, if they add it, Home won't need to go down for 12 hours to implement it.

Also, I think all these new features, as well as the last core update, proves Home on PS3 is not going anywhere for the next couple of years, instead  of shutting down or stopping content updates shortly after the PS4 launch, as some people were/are thinking.

I'm pretty sure that Home being down for twelve hours isn't because there's no apartment storage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 70 (258 Views)
0 Likes