Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Home Developers, Please Update Past Active Items.

Feb 9, 2013
No confirmation on that yet and it hasnt.
But im looking forward to the portrait.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 31 of 42 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I appreciate all the support for the idea. If you guys wish to keep it alive, just post some active items that you'd like updated, be it on my list or not.

Message 32 of 42 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Trap reward smoke machine
gateway to mercia
ungawa monument
animated snake in terrarium
tesla coil
stapler
animated fiber optic flower
Hour glass
Flying dougnuts and the three ships
Customizable holiday tree
Electronic calendar event reward
Kitty cannon prize 9
All lava lamps and neon electra lamps
Message 33 of 42 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Heavy water E3 peep*
Message 34 of 42 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

Feb 10, 2013

stardeth wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
Update the old it shouldnt be so tough. Seriously.

I'm guessing here, but the thinking probably is, "hey, we most likely won't get any more money from it, so why bother?".

They don't update them because they're not selling, and they're not selling because they don't update them. Seems like a vicious cycle that I hope is broken...

Message 35 of 42 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4506 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

UltraPSX wrote:

stardeth wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
Update the old it shouldnt be so tough. Seriously.

I'm guessing here, but the thinking probably is, "hey, we most likely won't get any more money from it, so why bother?".

They don't update them because they're not selling, and they're not selling because they don't update them. Seems like a vicious cycle that I hope is broken...

It just shows how incredibly short sighted Sony is, and how they don't even know how to make money any more, and could care less what their customers are telling them.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 36 of 42 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11831 posts

Feb 10, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Trap reward smoke machine - nDreams
gateway to mercia               - Lockwood
ungawa monument              - nDreams
animated snake in terrarium - Sony
tesla coil                            - Sony
stapler                               - nDreams
animated fiber optic flower   - Sony
Hour glass                         - Sony
Flying dougnuts and the three ships  - nDreams
Customizable holiday tree                - Sony
Electronic calendar event reward      - Sony
Kitty cannon prize 9                       - Mass Media
All lava lamps and neon electra lamps - Sony

Sony won't rework old stuff, Lockwood has closed the book on Mercia, and I doubt Mass Media would redo an old "reward item.

Don't count on nDreams to rework anything either. Stapler would have been a good choice with the release of Xi Continuum.

Unless it's Loot, Digital Leisure or Code Glue (so they say) forget it.

Message 37 of 42 (111 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Feb 10, 2013

It's the costs involved in changing the item versus how many NEW units could be sold to offset that expense.  I suspect that most of the developers are already working on such slim profit margins that 'customer service' of the kind we are requesting is almost impossible. 

Realistically, my Poker Club has to be limited to 24 members playing (instead of the club room limit of 32) simply because no more than 4 Brimstone tables can be placed in there. 

Solution:  instead of reprogramming all the original items, why not make the revisions and tweak something in the appearance of the really popular ones, and then sell  as a NEW item?  OK, it means I would be buying another one.  Not getting the revision for free.  But some items are valuable enough to a lot of us, that I suspect new sales would offset the costs.  Plus newcomers who were not in Home when some of these old items first appeared would be a prime target for sales.

Before anyone complains that they would never pay full retail price for a revised animated snake in terrarium, bear in mind that THAT"S  my whole point.  Unless the developer can see where they can recoup the revision costs, it is probably not going to happen.

Message 38 of 42 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 10, 2013
@CMCSAVAGE

Well... that sucks. But understandable i suppose. Guess it will all just stay in my storage bin(except stapler) Does sony celebrate customer appreciation day? If so maybe we can ask for it then.. Im betting they dont tho.
Message 39 of 42 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4506 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

It's the costs involved in changing the item versus how many NEW units could be sold to offset that expense.  I suspect that most of the developers are already working on such slim profit margins that 'customer service' of the kind we are requesting is almost impossible. 

What costs are these?  I spoke with someone at Digital Liesure who has been helping me resolve an issue I had with their fish tanks, and we got to talking about their recent update to their arcade cabinets that they changed from 22 slots to 1 slot and he said it was a very simple allocation change.  Litterlly took all of a few minutes at most, and that they would have done it sooner, but they were unaware that was even an option until just recently.  Apparently Sony communicates with developers as effeciently as they do their customers. *sigh*

The problem isn't cost, its simply a matter of doing it.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 40 of 42 (64 Views)