Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Home Forum Moderation A Joke

Mar 15, 2013

I have had a PM from a moderator about a picture. I post a lot of pics and I always have. It happens. moderators are doing a job. each has their own discretion but must follow rules as well.

The problem here with the mods? There has been a influx of new moderators the last few months. there have been a  few growing pains with the new Mods and Sony staff are looking into the issue and have been speaking to them about it. Our forums are more unique than others here.

Besides being THE BEST community forum we are also the most outspoken. We are also pretty close and we know eachother pretty well. We goof off a lot here as well. Moderators WILL catch on and catch up. This is not our first rodeo when it comes to the changing of the guards. Things will get better I am sure. Change is never easy and we have seen a lot of change here over the years.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 21 of 45 (296 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Mar 15, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:

K what gives huh not been here long and got 4 warnings from the big chiefs that mod this board

My last one I got a hiding for sayin bros before hos and referring to a God of War trophy i mean seriously everyone knows i was talkin about that trophy and i gave advice to the girl too

The last 1 i got was another warning for something as stupid like putting up a meme and the words on it were like everybody's here nothin too offensive i mean why me

Is there somebody goin round with a forum sniper rifle and pickin off the little guys or something

Gotta say this ain't v encouraging for new people

There is no place in these Forums, or on Home, for any kind of abusive behavior or vulgar language. None

There is no excuse for being insulting, No excuse for ever using offensive words. Not ever.

Besides the fact that many people may be offended when someone is vulgar, there are Children who may read these Forums.

There are certainly Children on Home.

" Keep it Clean " and  " Respect Others ", are Sony's main two rules. Good ones, imo.

If you cannot get your point across without the use of profanity, and f you cannot join in a discussion without being insulting or disruptive, then it is time for the Mods to encourage you to go elsewhere.

" New people " should come to these Forums, and find that vulgarity, insulting innuendo, racism, sexism, risque sexual themes, disruptive posts / threads, etc. are not only discouraged, but dealt with.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 22 of 45 (289 Views)
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

I have had a PM from a moderator about a picture. I post a lot of pics and I always have. It happens. moderators are doing a job. each has their own discretion but must follow rules as well.

The problem here with the mods? There has been a influx of new moderators the last few months. there have been a  few growing pains with the new Mods and Sony staff are looking into the issue and have been speaking to them about it. Our forums are more unique than others here.

Besides being THE BEST community forum we are also the most outspoken. We are also pretty close and we know eachother pretty well. We goof off a lot here as well. Moderators WILL catch on and catch up. This is not our first rodeo when it comes to the changing of the guards. Things will get better I am sure. Change is never easy and we have seen a lot of change here over the years.

the new mods are just mods. they are only here to clean up the forum unlike the other staff who also mingle and chat with us. so its difficult for them to know the exacts of this forum since they arent really involved with the community. they are just doing their jobs, not much we or anyone can do other than bring issues to their attention so they can fix or address them.

Message 23 of 45 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 15, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

the new mods are just mods. they are only here to clean up the forum unlike the other staff who also mingle and chat with us. so its difficult for them to know the exacts of this forum since they arent really involved with the community. they are just doing their jobs, not much we or anyone can do other than bring issues to their attention so they can fix or address them.

Yes, Mods move and have locked threads here. They thought they were doing it right. This forum, by now they have learned requires a bit of thinking about when it comes to moderating. Moderators are contracted and some stay or move on after their contract runs. I know some new ones might need orientation and I hope they warn them about those crazies in the Home forums. Smiley Tongue Most mods are not a joke and some are down right cool.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 24 of 45 (262 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Hmm about a picture you say? Smiley Wink

All kidding aside, I agree Jersquall. You do tend to goof off aot and I've warned you, it will get you in trouble one of these days (ok now I'll be serious).

I was rather surprised recently to hear back from trawnza and she echoed your statement above about  the recent influx of moderation. When GlassWalls has a thread locked ,well...it's unusual to say the least. I do hope things get better and that moderation actually examines the reports they receive rather than just taking the easy way out at times by either locking threads or deleting without cause. 

I will hope that it's not about WHO files the report but rather, WHAT the report was about that is the deciding factor.

Message 25 of 45 (259 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Mar 15, 2013
:^/ One qualification any moderator should meet is a familiarity with the subject matter of the board in question. How else to tell what's off topic and what isn't? Of course, in a commercial operation, that's not an easy bar to reach, all of the time.

That's why it's important to have a feedback system, where the regular users can clue the new staff in, and why it's important for the staff to be open to that.
Message 26 of 45 (250 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Hmm about a picture you say? Smiley Wink

All kidding aside, I agree Jersquall. You do tend to goof off aot and I've warned you, it will get you in trouble one of these days.

I was rather surprised recently to hear back from trawnza and she echoed your statement above about  the recent influx of moderation. When GlassWalls has a thread locked ,well...it's unusual to say the least. I do hope things get better and that moderation actually examines the reports they receive rather than just taking the easy way out at times by either locking threads or deleting without cause. 

I will hope that it's not about WHO files the report but rather, WHAT the report was about that is the deciding factor.

You're right. Smiley Happy

But i have to be me here. I have always been me here. I know so many of you. I can be Serious. Goofey. FuhnCrazy. Sad. but I have to keep things in perspective as well. I have to think about pics that might offend others but make you LYAO. The one thing I don't like to see is the personal snibbits between users. I don't like it in my life away from the forums either. This is Sony and it is suppose to be fun here.

P.S. I love Trawnza even more now that shes not a blondie Smiley Wink I like brunettes!

HomeStationMagazine
Message 27 of 45 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:

K what gives huh not been here long and got 4 warnings from the big chiefs that mod this board

My last one I got a hiding for sayin bros before hos and referring to a God of War trophy i mean seriously everyone knows i was talkin about that trophy and i gave advice to the girl too

The last 1 i got was another warning for something as stupid like putting up a meme and the words on it were like everybody's here nothin too offensive i mean why me

Is there somebody goin round with a forum sniper rifle and pickin off the little guys or something

Gotta say this ain't v encouraging for new people

There is no place in these Forums, or on Home, for any kind of abusive behavior or vulgar language. None

There is no excuse for being insulting, No excuse for ever using offensive words. Not ever.

Besides the fact that many people may be offended when someone is vulgar, there are Children who may read these Forums.

" Keep it Clean " and  " Respect Others ", are Sony's main two rules. Good ones, imo.

If you cannot get your point across without the use of profanity, and f you cannot join in a discussion without being insulting or disruptive, then it is time for the Mods to encourage you to go elsewhere.

" New people " should come to these Forums, and find that vulgarity, insulting innuendo, racism, sexism, risque sexual themes, disruptive posts / threads, etc. are not only discouraged, but dealt with.

then i guess you wont have much friends cause im sure a lotta your buddies have swimwear parades or flirt right here on the topics. when i use a trophy name im a bad guy huh but all thats ok? hmm i smell bull. ok ill keep it clean i got kids i appreciate that n all but i think youre not really one to tell me unless you wanna give the same lecture to all your friends lilpill

Message 28 of 45 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

" New people " should come to these Forums, and find that vulgarity, insulting innuendo, racism, sexism, risqué sexual themes, disruptive posts / threads, etc. Are not only discouraged, but dealt with.

When it comes to these mods this is not true at all. I have been set upon by some pretty vulgar trolls here. With innuendo and out right personal attacks. When I respond without using the same tactics as these trolls. Using facts, common sense, and some sarcasm which has never been out of the bounds. These mods go after me remove my posts then leave the trolls who started it alone. Sending a clear message to all the trolls here.  It's just fine with them if they go after me as well as the others here. Many of whom has left here and home because of the unbalanced treatment they suffer from these mods.

When they start treating people equally as far as their so call forum rules. Then this will be a better place. Maybe just maybe the old respected members might return here. As I said many time before when the forum dies, so does the game. As far as I see this place now. This place has stage 4 cancer and it's on a resuscitator. Hard to come back in that condition...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 29 of 45 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Jersquall wrote:
P.S. I love Trawnza even more now that shes not a blondie Smiley Wink I like brunettes!

Is that a PS Plus Brunette or a Regular Brunette color?

Message 30 of 45 (324 Views)