Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

I was warning the town about the nuclear meltdown and this happened I just hope everybody got out of town in time

I

Message 41 of 704 (2,154 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Whew alot of bugs in this game. I had 2k when I left to go and check on the other places in Home.  I come back and boom I have zero cash Smiley Frustrated someone must have rolled me while I wasn't looking lol. Also they put a case of cash on the road so like a dummy I go and get it I get hit by a car and it pushes me all the way down the road until the car disappeared. Also its true if you leave your town your workers take off lol so the counter resets itself and you have to wait for them to come back. While the cat is away the mice will play I guess. lol It would be nice if we could hire our friends and pay them in gold coins that way everyone would be visiting everyone's City just to help collect for them while they are away and for their trouble they get gold coins.

NO HOME EVENT IS A BAD ONE! (03/23/09)
Message 42 of 704 (2,131 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I bought the expansion space (extra city), the speed boost pack and the need for speed pack.  I have 2 cities now, and it shows me as owning the speed boost pack. 

But, the need for speed pack does not show as me owning it, yet the coins were deducted from my total coins.

I relogged a couple of times to see if that would help. It didn't. Now my coin total is showing as zero.

I sure hope they fix this soon...

Message 43 of 704 (2,111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

Well, Tycoon was fun until I collected some Tourist Revenue, clicked on a name ( mr. stay in the truck, lil,) came back to my beautiful city pop. 12,000 +, only to  find that :

Half my people gone. The Hospital, Fire Dept., Novus Prime Building, and other various hovels missing in action.

I do not know if I made a mistake, or if the game is bugged, or ....

I'm not spending any cash on Tycoon, until someone has some answers.

Whose at fault here ? Hellfire, Me, Commie Agitators ?

Told ya to wait in the truck Damnit !...

How else can I protect you from zombies and forum monsters ?

Anyways LiL, they are aware of the issues (or at least thats what my last 30 minute phone call rep said)

Message 44 of 704 (2,102 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I'm waiting for a "Ok Ok Start Over, We messed up on the Pricing"............... Smiley Mad

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 45 of 704 (2,080 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Hum..there is no "need for speed" pack. The pack I meant to say that's doesn't show as purchased is the "Life in the fast lane" pack.
Also now I have no coins or cash
Message 46 of 704 (2,079 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 3, 2012

The pricing is ridiculous. Especially 140 coins to make a new city. You expect people to pay $6 to make a new city?

Since when did you get so greedy Hellfire?

Message 47 of 704 (2,069 Views)
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'll try to address everyone's questions in this thread. It's important to note that many of these errors are being caused by high Home traffic on launch day, and will fix themselves over time (like the "ERROR" for pricing, which happens across Home from time to time, not just in Home Tycoon).

Here we go:

FalconPunchKill wrote:

I think the settings automatically start with your city on public mode, because random structures were appearing on my map

We think this might be a problem with two people somehow getting sent to the same city for the first time. This problem never popped up during testing, but we're looking into it. Hopefully setting your city to Private fixes the problem for now.

TJMVoyager wrote:

I have also noticed sometimes placing items, yet it shows 0/1. I don't know if its just lag or, but several times while placing stuff along the road it shows 0/1--, I've had to delete the building and rebuild it a few times as well and it seems to work then.

This is most likely related to lag due to server stress. This should work more reliably soon as the traffic dies down a little, but let me know if it continues to be an issue.

FalconPunchKill wrote:

I'd like to be able to activate inventory items in my city after I exit the create mode.

This is a limitation of Home's game spaces, unfortunately. However, you can access your wardrobe by exiting the game mode (Start -> Exit Home Tycoon), then just wave to rejoin the game.

INMATE-at-large wrote:

i know we r suppose to get our own city but for some reason i'm sharing a city with someone and we see each other talk, etc. and everything i place she deletes.

We're looking into this... bear with us!

nagon111 wrote:

Seems the time counter to recover workers stops when we go out from the game.

This is NOT working as intended. Workers should regenerate in real time regardless of whether you're in the game or not. This never happened in testing and always worked as intended until today, so it's pretty strange, but we're on it!

artform-fazeone wrote:

Just bought the car dealer ship pack. accidentally deleted the car dealership, now it says 30 more coins. . I didn't know once you delete a building to move it elsewhere, that its going to cost more token

Don't worry! You will always get free building in your inventory if you destroy a Gold Coin building. Because of high server traffic today, it might take longer than expected to get that refunded building back in your inventory. Try to build your dealership now -- it should be there for free.

jimmynet wrote:

Everything in the store says ERROR where I suppose the price is.. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

This is a common error when Home traffic gets too crazy. Try waiting a few minutes or exiting and coming back to the game... the prices will fix themselves after a bit.

bestscreenname wrote:

Having an issue with vistors, rarely it will tell me they have arrived  and i can see them and talk to them but the majority of the time, its sending them to a different instance of my city, anyone else having this problem?

This sounds weird. We checked on your city and there should only be one instance of it (you haven't purchased any suburb cities), so this may be related to the bug where someone else is sharing your city ID. We're looking into the issue.

SEIZURE_BOX wrote:

is there a way to restart this game from the beginning?

There's currently no reset button, but you can destroy the buildings and roads that you don't want. If you accidentally destroy something during the tutorial, you should receive a refund on your Home Tycoon Dollars and Gold Coin buildings.

LunarEmerald wrote:

You can build HQ then destroy it and be unable to rebuild it without paying, because it costs 30 coins to make.

Nope, it just took some extra time to refund the HQ building to your inventory due to server load. You'll have it in your inventory for free if you check now.

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

I collected some Tourist Revenue, clicked on a name ( mr. stay in the truck, lil,) came back to my beautiful city pop. 12,000 +, only to  find Half my people gone. The Hospital, Fire Dept., Novus Prime Building, and other various hovels missing in action.

This may be a weird bug where someone is somehow sharing your city ID, which hopefully shouldn't happen for much longer. We're working on it!

ComancheNative wrote:

when you buy gold coins from the main train station they don't show up in your city.

Your Gold Coins probably just took a while to show up due to server load. Try again, and check to see if the Gold Coins are in your inventory now.

mybro92 wrote:

I have noticed on several occasions that you wont be able to go back to the mayors desk. You have to relocate back to the Home Tycoon Train Station and then head back to Home Tycoon.

This is likely due to high server traffic. Should happen less frequently as traffic dies down a bit.

x__twist__x wrote:

I bought the expansion space (extra city), the speed boost pack and the need for speed pack.  I have 2 cities now, and it shows me as owning the speed boost pack. 

But, the need for speed pack does not show as me owning it, yet the coins were deducted from my total coins.

I relogged a couple of times to see if that would help. It didn't. Now my coin total is showing as zero.

Whoops! We just checked your transaction history and it looks like high server traffic caused the game to think you purchased Life In the Fast Lane twice, but didn't unlock the content for you. We're gifting some Gold Coins to your account as a refund for both packs -- try buying it again. If it doesn't work this time, send me a PM and we'll sort it out!

Whew. Keep the feedback coming, everyone... we need to hear as much as possible to make the game even better. Thanks!

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 48 of 704 (2,060 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

I think $6 for a new city is reasonable, it's only a dollar more than a personal space.

But workers not replenishing while logged off is completely ridiculous.

Great so it's just a bug afterall. My only complaint then is that I need workers to collect revenue, but maybe that won't be such a problem when the game works as intended.

Message 49 of 704 (2,059 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

"This is NOT working as intended. Workers should regenerate in real time regardless of whether you're in the game or not. This never happened in testing and always worked as intended until today, so it's pretty strange, but we're on it!"

This is good to hear, I'm happy for that. I just purchased the police add-on and love it, I didn't know I'd receive two cars (one regular and one police), plus rewards and activities, I'm happy with it.

One suggestion: Allowing friends to join us inside of our cars as we drive around would be awesome - if possible.

Message 50 of 704 (2,033 Views)