Highlighted
Aug 13 2010
By: Jangaboo I Only Post Everything 1085 posts

Home avatar = PSN avatar?

23 replies 181 views Edited Aug 13, 2010

The competitors console is already doing this

If this was made possible I think more people would purchase items in Home to make their PSN avatar look cool and stand out, i don't think it would detract from people purchasing the small amount of PSN avatars available because the artwork is so different

Message 1 of 24 (181 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Re: Home avatar = PSN avatar?

Aug 13, 2010

Yeah, but anymore like the other system and...

Edit: Not knocking the idea because it is a cool idea, just saying.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Aug 13, 2010

killla_that_dude wrote:

Yeah, but anymore like the other system and...

Edit: Not knocking the idea because it is a cool idea, just saying.

I agree. I have that console, and ever since I got the PS3, I haven't touched it, literally. It's been gathering dust since Feburary. My point? I like the way the PS3 is set up, and don't want to see it become identical to the competition.

Also, Home is a free service, in which people choose if they want to use it or not. It is never forced on them. Changing the avatar to the Home avatar would force users to create an avatar; something they might never do for various reasons. It might bring a lot of hostility towards Home.

One last thing. The competitors are merely for looks. They are nearly worthless to have.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 3 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1085 posts

Aug 13, 2010

i don't see why it would be forced to have home avatar, if you really own competitors console you know its not forced there either you can use regular avatars like we currently have

its an option to show off your home avatar as your PSN avatar, it would get more people into home and make people buy more things in Home to dress up their avatar to look cool as their PSN avatar

Message 4 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Aug 13, 2010

Jangaboo wrote:

i don't see why it would be forced to have home avatar, if you really own competitors console you know its not forced there either you can use regular avatars like we currently have

its an option to show off your home avatar as your PSN avatar, it would get more people into home and make people buy more things in Home to dress up their avatar to look cool as their PSN avatar

I think I initally misunderstood you. I thought you meant the avatars on the competitors console that are like our Home avatars. Everyone on that console is forced to make one. But you are talking about using a picture of our Home avatars as our PSN avatar. Right?

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 5 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Aug 13, 2010
I like the idea, personally. That way if you want to use your Home avatar (like a headshot) you could. If you want to just use one of the defaults/purchased ones, you could as well. The more options, the better.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Message 6 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
892 posts

Aug 13, 2010

Would be awesome! I think the whole gamercard thing needs to be redone as well. I really thought Home would be more integrated into the PS3 experience than it is.

Message 7 of 24 (181 Views)
Wastelander
705 posts

Aug 13, 2010

Gideon wrote:

Would be awesome! I think the whole gamercard thing needs to be redone as well. I really thought Home would be more integrated into the PS3 experience than it is.

Yep. Agree wit u on dis bro.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Aug 13, 2010

I want the FF13 xmb avatars that are available on asian accounts!!!

Message 9 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2680 posts

Aug 14, 2010

Yes please.  I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes