Jun 12 2013
By: MrFirstPlayer Uncharted Territory 1399 posts

Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

121 replies 2518 views Edited Jun 12, 2013
Why would anyone not keep Hone going? Its basically free money. If you don't think Home is a ca$h cow for Sony you are mistaken. Rather than Home being considered a mistake I believe Home grew into much more than it was ever intended to be. I am one of the Home elite (at least regarding purchases) I have well over 100 personal spaces and I have many friends who have the same. I am not even the largest purchaser that I know...there are many more than just myself and my friends who have every space and all the furniture Iitems to accompany them. Every update brings with it new items and every update I see practically everyone sporting the newest goods. Sony is raking in the money and it would be counter intuitive to believe that Sony would walk away fron its endless buffet of consumer cash flow. I do believe that it is good business sense to keep Home exclusive to PS3. Hardcore gamers will flock to buy PS4 but the many people who are like me and play Home exclusively will continue to purchase PS3 as a viable option keeping it a positive revenue generator. In fact...I just bought a new PS3 exclusively for Home. Rest assured... Home isn't going anywhere... at least for a long time to come.
Message 1 of 122 (2,518 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12800 posts

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 12, 2013

*CLAPING*

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 2 of 122 (2,511 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Thanks al :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 122 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I'll be so happy when they formally announce Home's future. I understand the need to talk about it but it's about time the community was told what to expect. 

Message 4 of 122 (2,305 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Joanna... I vote you to be the new community manager. You are well informed, courteous and most happy to share new info. Viva Joanna <3
Message 5 of 122 (2,051 Views)
MVP Support
8484 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

If Home makes its debut on the PS4 when Sony announces it, then I would be pretty content about it though. I understand it has its years left as long as the PS3 is still running production.

Message 6 of 122 (1,928 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I agree completely with MrFirstPlayer.

Sony even went so far as to make sure that when we buy a PS4, that we don't have to redecorate our apartments, and Avies. It is silly to think that Home would disappear with the appearance of a new console. Home is stored on a cluster of servers. Undoubtedly, the PS4 will have access to those servers so players can play Home.

I'm also convinced that, even if players will have to pay to play online, like the rumors say, and something that I really doubt knowing Sony, existing accounts will have free access to Home, as it won't exactly be fair when you would suddenly need to pay to have access to your things.

Message 7 of 122 (1,013 Views)
Survivor
1873 posts

Jun 12, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
Why would anyone not keep Hone going? Its basically free money. If you don't think Home is a ca$h cow for Sony you are mistaken. Rather than Home being considered a mistake I believe Home grew into much more than it was ever intended to be. I am one of the Home elite (at least regarding purchases) I have well over 100 personal spaces and I have many friends who have the same. I am not even the largest purchaser that I know...there are many more than just myself and my friends who have every space and all the furniture Iitems to accompany them. Every update brings with it new items and every update I see practically everyone sporting the newest goods. Sony is raking in the money and it would be counter intuitive to believe that Sony would walk away fron its endless buffet of consumer cash flow. I do believe that it is good business sense to keep Home exclusive to PS3. Hardcore gamers will flock to buy PS4 but the many people who are like me and play Home exclusively will continue to purchase PS3 as a viable option keeping it a positive revenue generator. In fact...I just bought a new PS3 exclusively for Home. Rest assured... Home isn't going anywhere... at least for a long time to come.

I hope you are right but to say "Its basically free money" is a misconception. 

Message 8 of 122 (836 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Yes, its one of the biggest tricks on the PSN, but what is Hone though, lol 

Message 9 of 122 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3717 posts

Jun 12, 2013
How many millions of times am I going to hear about how profitable or unprofitable Home is in this forum with zero information to back it up :smileyindifferent:

I'm pro Home, but I don't like to work without a footing and information. You guys can choose to work on the "I like home therefore its profitable" model if you want but I'm 28 years old and while that might have worked for me at half that age it doesn't work for me now. Sorry to be so blunt about it but we need to ditch the "I hate home so home is a failure" or "I like home therefore its profitable" mindsets. Work with real information, stuff that we knowm, things we can prove. Speculate if you must but don't proclaim.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 10 of 122 (682 Views)