MVP Support
19377 posts

Re: PS Home for PS4

Dec 31, 2013

CrucialCarter wrote:

So PS Home is not on the PS4 yet?  I thought it would be on there.

No, it isn't there.

Message 2021 of 3,033 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Re: Home Inspection Trading Post

Jan 2, 2014

Apparently Home will not be available for PS4, i read mini transactions are not really profitable to develop a whole new platform for ps4, that's what i read and heard from some friends in psn.

Does anyone know something about it? There's no official statement from psn regarding home for ps4, i dont really use it that much anymore but it's always good to know.

Message 2022 of 3,033 (400 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

buckallmighty wrote:
No Jers, that is where they already went wrong. They had the gamers captured to begin with then it changed and the new concept ran off the original customers by turning it into a platform that supports more secondlife runaways than the gamers looking for something to play.

The only way home will EVER increase its popularity at this point, would be to go back to its roots and bring back the audience that buys game consoles.. "Gamers".

The Hub was created for that one purpose. It failed. Mercia failed. So much so that Mercia didn't even get updates to fix it's issues. Beautiful soundtrack by the way in that game. The problem was gamers didn't care to play as Home avatars because they couldn't match real game play. That said imagine playing a whole real level of the Walking Dead with it's charater avatar in Home heck even game launch in to it on Sony servers. Sell the game  level like that.

If you want gamers then give them what they want and add the goodies around that. Estates, clothing.. items. Am I wrong? 

I think buckallmighty was right on some level.  Home needs to start making game spaces (PS3 games) once again.  The Home staff has failed every time when they tryed to make there own games in Home.

As I said in the past Sony needs to make spaces in Home that enhance the PS3 games they where made for.  For example the old Warhawk space had the war tables that you could map out your plans share with your friends and game launch right into the game with your friends.

Has anyone seen the free to play Dust 514 game?  They give you your own room

Dust.jpg

It's very small it has a TV that sends you right to the Dust Store that you can buy everything you need to play the game.  This would be so easy to make into a useful space in Home.  In many ways "if" it was in Home it would be better due to you really can't do anything to it in the game but you would be able to in Home.  This could be beneficial for both Home and Dust if done right.  But as we all know Sony has stoped making game spaces in Home.  Why?  Who knows!  My bet is they charge to much to make the spaces.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 2023 of 3,033 (316 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Jan 3, 2014

It's official then.  Home dies with the PS3. 

Well, first of all, we're not dead yet., and we're gonna ride this into the fire.

Second, Home is a concept born before it's time.  It will come again.  Sure, they'll call it something else, but it'll be the same thing.  Home is a wonderful concept, and it will be medium of user interaction in the gaming community, no matter what other name they call it.

We paved the way.  We created groups, families, and cultures.  We proved that it's possible to create an online culture.  We did that.  We had nothing but each other to accomplish this, and we freaking did it!  We did it!

Yes, people will call Home a "failure", but that's only money.  As a culture, we're awesome, and never let anything make you ever doubt that.

Message 2024 of 3,033 (279 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Home's Fate in 2014

Jan 3, 2014

IN My  Opinion Playstation Home should  end  by  the end of 2014  but i know it wont.  I know  i might  get alot of  negative  comments about this thread  but  im just stating my opinon  cause i been using home since 2009  . home is just isnt the same anymore .  some  things got  better  but alot  got  worse.  I  Just  feel  all these hackers who are using their  giant avatars  are ruining home  and  sony dont care.   these people still on home.   they dont get  by using their Giant  Avatars  they are lagging the servers.  whenever i see 1 of them i go elsewhere but when im in the same place  with them  they are lagging the server. im really  tired of these hackers on home  getting away with  it. They are in Pier Park Both acorn Parks  Hudson Bowling alley.  they always  are around.  what happened to  good oldays of home when it  was  actually  fun.  some peope  stll  have fun on  home but im not.  they are ruining my  fun on  home.   i remember good days  hanging out with my friends in central plaza or the old mall  playing chess or just standing and chillin in the mall. back then i didnt have to worry about hackers lagging the servers.  home  really needs  a  change and puts a  stop to all of this. 

Message 2025 of 3,033 (345 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4550 posts

Re: Home's Fate in 2014

Jan 3, 2014

Well, that is your guess and opinion and I respect that. People's reaction on Home is different, some find it fun with or without hacking and some don't like it even without hacking or not. That will never change.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2026 of 3,033 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Jan 3, 2014

theres a lot of "hackers" but their just using a site dns lol and home spaces are just modded lobbys like in other games  

Message 2027 of 3,033 (316 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
952 posts

Jan 3, 2014

I say Sony needs to step it up! That or hand Home over to one of the 3rd party Developers; I'm sure they'd take better care of it  Cat Happy

Bye PlayStation Home!!
Message 2028 of 3,033 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jan 3, 2014
LOL the good old days...too bad that it's a false representation of what was in one's own head. 'Hackers''Glitchers' whatever the terminology or relatable reference, have existed on home since day 1, where there is a program of any kind on any device, there are those who make a hobby exploiting it. Some of these people are good and curious, others are bad. There will always be those who wish to disrupt games and try to ruin people's experiences using the service, this is a given. The key is to make the experience good for you, not to worry about what they are doing.
You're as randomly lethal and entirely confused as you ever were.
Message 2029 of 3,033 (309 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 3, 2014

SnowHood-Ride50 wrote:

IN My  Opinion Playstation Home should  end  by  the end of 2014  but i know it wont.  I know  i might  get alot of  negative  comments about this thread  but  im just stating my opinon  cause i been using home since 2009  . home is just isnt the same anymore .  some  things got  better  but alot  got  worse.  I  Just  feel  all these hackers who are using their  giant avatars  are ruining home  and  sony dont care.   these people still on home.   they dont get  by using their Giant  Avatars  they are lagging the servers.  whenever i see 1 of them i go elsewhere but when im in the same place  with them  they are lagging the server. im really  tired of these hackers on home  getting away with  it. They are in Pier Park Both acorn Parks  Hudson Bowling alley.  they always  are around.  what happened to  good oldays of home when it  was  actually  fun.  some peope  stll  have fun on  home but im not.  they are ruining my  fun on  home.   i remember good days  hanging out with my friends in central plaza or the old mall  playing chess or just standing and chillin in the mall. back then i didnt have to worry about hackers lagging the servers.  home  really needs  a  change and puts a  stop to all of this. 

U'll get what u wish for...  we all know it's coming! But there is no need to remind us what we already know...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 2030 of 3,033 (300 Views)
0 Likes