Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: Home's Future....or Lack thereof?

Feb 21, 2013

Without  Home, there is no reason for me to buy a ps4, even if they gave free real gold bars with purchase. I don't think Sony would be foolish enough to give up something that is obviously making them a lot of money and provides much training to young developers.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 121 of 301 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Facts:

Home is a beta.

Home has no real Sony support.

Home is written for the cell. ( we seen how games ported to the cell played)

Sony stated PS3 ports would not be anytime soon on the PC4.  

(Future PS3 cloud multi-device games) (security) and (revenue) is why we got clouded.

Sony does not want to support backwards compatibility, just like the PS2 to PS3, they even took away software emulation. ( that worked)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Fake signature:

PC4 is just a computer, with limited exclusive future titles, a PS controller and a nostalgic diehard fan base.

Message 122 of 301 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Feb 21, 2013
That doesn't mean that are content can't be transfer over to ps4 I believe he talking about game cotent or add on to game otherwise they would of said home too but they didn't. I taking that are personal spaces and clothes will transfer but will not probly be the same home.

Message 123 of 301 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I think home is to the network and the ps whatever # they choose,like the dual shock is to the system itself.a no brainer...to me anyways..lol..im not going to lose a min enjoying home over this..to me its a moot point..ill see all of ya on my new ps4 when it comes out..Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 124 of 301 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Feb 21, 2013

*Drops from above rooftop*

I say patience. What we do know, is that there is a PS4 coming, with (not too intersting) controller, and new interesting games. I think we should wait for a bit more info like say, E32013, and we should know more by then. I think it's a tad early to to think PSH won't be on PS4.

As for myself I don't see myself getting a PS4 anytime soon since by the time it's out I may get  really busy again. I'll just enjoy my PS3 and select upcoming games while im free for now. I've been out for...some time and just recently started coming back to streets of PSHome (minus the times I visited during E3 2011-2) Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 125 of 301 (323 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

I can't sit through the entire presentation again, I found it somewhat tiring with all the repetitive cheerleading of how dynamic and powerful the PS4 will be for the devs, but I THINK I heard the one statement made that the PS4 will be dedicated solely to gaming...I don't know what that means in relation to Home, because many users consider Home to be a Game on the PS3. But Sony DID make more than a couple references to SOCIAL, so I'm still hopeful for a version of Home to be on the PS4. But I think it will be a whole new animal, with all new avis, and all new purchases to be made, although you may be able to go to the PS3 version, like going to a game space on Home is now.

Preaching "patience" is trite and condescending.

What else CAN we do but "be patient???" Gnaw the corners off our consoles???

The fact remains, that for all the "Rah Rah RAH!" for the PS4, NOT ONE WORD about Home was made. Not even in the screen caps of the new console (I was hunting).

ANYONE who buys a PS4 (which means many of us) will have proof positive at that time as to what (if any) Home version is available to them, and they can then make the choice to participate, or buy stuff, just like it is when you get your PS3...

To play the "Well, I'm not gonna play!" card is futile. If you buy a PS4, you won't be buying it for Home. Home is just like extra chocolate sprinkles on your ice cream. You'd still eat the ice cream even without the sprinkles...

With the projected console cost being posted as about $800-900, many of the hardcore gamers are saying that waiting for the slim will be the best course of action.

~M

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 126 of 301 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

All I can say on this subject is to keep your eye on the Third Party Developers,  

They seem to keep us informed about the future more then Sony Management...

Wherever the Third PArty Developers go, so does Home.

If they keep advertising upcoming content up to and after the PS4 release, I will breath a little easier.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 127 of 301 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Only if they don't add the tagline, *For PS3 Only*
My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 128 of 301 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

when they showed the pic on screen of the social thing i saw granzella n peakvox on the pic so my opinion is that home will still be

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/02/live0618.jpg

Message 129 of 301 (300 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

ImM0Zb0 wrote:
I can't sit through the entire presentation again, I found it somewhat tiring with all the repetitive cheerleading of how dynamic and powerful the PS4 will be for the devs, but I THINK I heard the one statement made that the PS4 will be dedicated solely to gaming...I don't know what that means in relation to Home, because many users consider Home to be a Game on the PS3. But Sony DID make more than a couple references to SOCIAL, so I'm still hopeful for a version of Home to be on the PS4. But I think it will be a whole new animal, with all new avis, and all new purchases to be made, although you may be able to go to the PS3 version, like going to a game space on Home is now.

That's is what made me wonder the most, emphasis on (social)  was on sharing video, playing with others, facebook and  user data collection / prediction.

Social did not include Home, even the premier PS3 announcement include home.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Fake signature:

PC4 is just a computer, with limited exclusive future titles, a PS controller and a nostalgic diehard fan base.

Message 130 of 301 (294 Views)
0 Likes