Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Home's Future....or Lack thereof?

Feb 21, 2013

I think it's too soon to tell if Home will be on the PS4 or not. I definitely do not think it'll be on there right away, but in the future perhaps.

It's also silly to stop ones spending, because he or she thinks Home is ending completely.

I'd say enjoy Home for the remainder of the PS3, or even after.

Because I doubt majority of you forum users are going to go out and buy a PS4 right off the back. You would be smart to wait

Message 131 of 301 (306 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

jada42 wrote:

when they showed the pic on screen of the social thing i saw granzella n peakvox on the pic so my opinion is that home will still be

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/02/live0618.jpg

peakvox/O-Two tweeted right after that they're entering as a software game developer for the PS4, no word on PSHome. They already are releasing 3DS and smartphone games already, but haven't released any standalone games for the PS Network.

Also, don't forget Granzella's ultimate goal is to create standalone games for the console/mobile/smartphone. They're using PSHome to collect the development funds.

Message 132 of 301 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Feb 21, 2013

From the mouth of Sony... or Shuhei Yoshida, the president of Sony Worldwide Studios at least:

Yoshida confirmed that the PS4 does not have hardware-based backward compatibility for both downloadable and disc-based P3 games. But he added, “Unless, somehow, some games work on emulation. The easiest thing technically would be to make PS1 games work on PS4 with emulation, but we are not talking about our emulation plans as yet.”

When it comes to transferring other PSN purchases to the PS4, Yoshida said, “We could do it if we choose to; we know who’s bought what. But we haven’t decided yet.”

So, we know emulation is possible, but will most likely not be used. Yet, GaiKai, the cloud gaming technology that will allow games to be played anywhere, could conceivably make any game title available at some point in the future...

But still no word on Home. The closest we get is the statement:

Is the audience ready for a console with more social features, rather than one that looks significantly better than the previous generation?

Yoshida: The simplest answer is we want both [types of consumers], people like [Quantic Dream's] Davig Cage, for him the high performance is very important because what he wans to do is make the digital character like a human being, so you can fall in love, get scared, feel sorry for them. Depending on the developer, performance is very important. Really want to help realize that on PS4 as well.

And some consumers are really socially addicted like myself, for those people it’s really important to share what they’re doing … So that’s a big focus.

The key word is "share," not "interact" socially...That makes me pessimistic...

~M

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 133 of 301 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Developers should be worried about the current and future of Home. 

I know I would be concerned and on the phone trying to get some answers about my investment.

Just pushing mass overpriced products hard and fast at the end would not guarantee enough investment cash.

I have enough current items/spaces in home to hold me over till some kind of formal announcement goes one way or the other.

But, I am not going to invest more money in a product that might not have a long term future for myself to enjoy.

I do not have to spend any more quarters to enjoy what might be left of Home.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Fake signature:

PC4 is just a computer, with limited exclusive future titles, a PS controller and a nostalgic diehard fan base.

Message 134 of 301 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 21, 2013

jada42 wrote:

when they showed the pic on screen of the social thing i saw granzella n peakvox on the pic so my opinion is that home will still be

Smiley Happy

That makes me feel a little better

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 135 of 301 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
22 posts

Feb 21, 2013
The !.75 update speaks volumes on the subject. Why do it? It makes home compatible with the PS4. All streaming.
Message 136 of 301 (212 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Feb 21, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

jada42 wrote:

Smiley Happy

That makes me feel a little better

Hate to burst your hopes, but that proves nothing for Home. Those 2 devs also are working on other platform games outside of Home, so I'm pretty sure their working on some kind of disk or DL game for the PS4.

In addition, we don't see any Home only devs on that slide. Where's Lockwood, nDreams, Heavy Water, Juggernaut Games, etc?

Message 137 of 301 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 21, 2013

jwcramona wrote:
The !.75 update speaks volumes on the subject. Why do it? It makes home compatible with the PS4. All streaming.

You were clouded for future -  mutil-device use..Security... Predicable download revenue.

Message 138 of 301 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 21, 2013

It really isn't particularly surprising. Sony knows what's popular and what isn't, so for an introduction to the system of course they won't talk about everything. We'll probably see more at E3.

Home is a fairly small and loyal community, so of course they'll give it little notice in an area that's dominated by the mainstream. This whole annoucement was to get the jump on the Microsoft, and they're probably just trying to attract 360 users. Hence it being so FPS focused.

Message 139 of 301 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 21, 2013

It would be nice if the manangement team knows the answer to the question as to whether or not Home will be on the next generation console they simply put the issue to rest and tell us.

Even if they don't know yet they could say that as well. I'm not sure I want to hear the answer but then again we will find out at some point and I would rather hear it from our manangement team than to have an EU manager or a game website report the fact that Home is or is not going to be on the PS4.

Message 140 of 301 (193 Views)
0 Likes