Reply
Highlighted
Apr 28 2009
By: Jersquall Limit Breaker 16565 posts
Offline

I can walk in Home.

285 replies 403 views Edited Apr 28, 2009

 

Hi guys,

 

Alot of you know I have been here supporting Home like most of you for a long long time. Why? My reasoning is simple. I can walk in Home. See, I have trouble playing games that use the shoulder R1, R2, buttons. Let me take a 'Step' back and explain. I don't talk about this with any of my online friends but I think I have established myself here and my real friends will understand.

 

I am a C-5, C-6 Quadriplegic. My fingers do not move. I had a diving accident when I was younger that left me paralyzed. Now those that have played online games know I can still hold my own as long as I have an acceptable button configuration. But if any of you know or have had any type of physical disablity then you know how hard it can be. Most games I play have button mapping in the controller options. Home has simple controls and although I'm sure it was not intended specifically for those with limitations it makes me happy just the same. Our avatars are not exactly as we are, as you all know. Some of you have made your avatars as you really want to be.

 

My avatar in Home is how I imagine I would look if I could walk.. To the people in the forums and my online friends, The N1's (The Nameless Ones) I'm still Jersquall. no different than anyone else in Home. Please don't think differently of me. So what's the coolest thing for me about Home?  I can walk in Home.

 

~Jersquall

 

p.s. wow, that was tough..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 1 of 286 (403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/18/2008
Offline
5165 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009
Never new about that part of you Jer, congrats on how far you have came since you started home.
League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 2 of 286 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
8821 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009
Really its that hard to hold a controller when physically disabilled? uh well not sure what the point of this was but I support home at one point I wasn't but right know sorta
Message 3 of 286 (403 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009

eaglefan129 wrote:
Really its that hard to hold a controller when physically disabilled? uh well not sure what the point of this was but I support home at one point I wasn't but right know sorta

 

Easy to hold a controller, not so easy pushing buttons if your finger don't move. Try wrapping your hands in an Ace bandgage and go play killzone. just an example.

 Obviousy some of youj know someone who has a disability. been in an accident. or whatever. I'm just showing appreciation for Home.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 286 (403 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 10/01/2002
Offline
45016 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us. Although it is not really that important that we know it, it's nice to see members like yourself sharing this with us. I have aklways wondered how a person might feel about this game if they were unable to walk themselves. In fact I have even requested an option of wheelchairs in Home. I'd really like for you to meet another friend of mine on these boards.

 

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=3460820&view=by_dat... 

 

KitsuneNoYume  

 

 

 

 

Just an overall thanks for trusting us with your personal information Jers.

 

 

 


Message 5 of 286 (403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/26/2007
Offline
4709 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009
you're not the only one with a disability in home...sorry...this just seems as you want people to pitty you though I could possibly be mistaken but do understand your show of appreciation
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 286 (403 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009

GamerMoney wrote:
you're not the only one with a disability in home...sorry...this just seems as you want people to pitty you though I could possibly be mistaken but do understand your show of appreciation

Noo, Your seriously mistaken. If I wanted pity I could of done this along time ago. It's not even like me to post personal things. Took me alot to post that. I just wanted to some how let others know that Home has alot to offer those with limitations.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 286 (403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/18/2008
Offline
5165 posts
 

Dude.

Apr 28, 2009

wweecw wrote:
i can walk in home to

Did you even read the OP at all.

League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 8 of 286 (403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/26/2007
Offline
4709 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009

Jersquall wrote:

GamerMoney wrote:
you're not the only one with a disability in home...sorry...this just seems as you want people to pitty you though I could possibly be mistaken but do understand your show of appreciation

Noo, Your seriously mistaken. If I wanted pity I could of done this along time ago. It's not even like me to post personal things. Took me alot to post that. I just wanted to some how let others know that Home has alot to offer those with limitations.


then in that case, my bad

I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 286 (403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/03/2007
Offline
7755 posts
 

Re: I can walk in Home.

Apr 28, 2009

Jersquall wrote:

 <snip>

My avatar in Home is how I imagine I would look if I could walk.. To the people in the forums and my online friends, The N1's (The Nameless Ones) I'm still Jersquall. no different than anyone else in Home. Please don't think differently of me. So what's the coolest thing for me about Home?  I can walk in Home.

 

~Jersquall

 

p.s. wow, that was tough..


Hey, that's really cool! So happy something like this can be comforting to someone like you with a disability. Just says a lot about people and how some can derive comfort where other take everything for granted! Disabiities and illness is something most don't have to think about on a daily basis.

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

 

Message 10 of 286 (403 Views)