Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: I don't mean to leer!

Mar 28, 2013
I kindof like walking into a room and staring you deviants in the face ^_^

I think the avatars look cool when they look up actually. Man so much has changed over the years. Who remembers when we all had creepy smiles for a while? Haha
Support Forums
Message 11 of 31 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Mar 28, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

I think the avatars look cool when they look up actually. Man so much has changed over the years. Who remembers when we all had creepy smiles for a while? Haha

I dont think I could ever forget The Smile™, they used to totally creep me out. It was so nice when the update got rid of it, and the underbite many of the guys used to suffer from.

One of the things that hasn't left us though is the hunch, suffered by females, not so sure I've seen it on males, although by changing the mood to 'happy' etc you can lose it. Maybe that should be renamed The Hunch™.

Message 12 of 31 (165 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I've Noticed That As Well LOL Smiley Very Happy
RED
Message 13 of 31 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

Really I don't ... I find it actually a little annoying that my avitar has to stare down each person who walks by.  I have noticed that the avitars can't help but be nosy and stare at the other passing by and when someone stands in a certain spot it seems my avitar gets obsessed with looking at them.  lol

I was wondering if anyone has noticed this aswell?  I wouldn't mind being able to adjust how much I look around.

If you click the L3 button and bring up the full text screen your avatar looks straight ahead. Half your screen is obscured by text but at least you won't get whiplash.Woman Very Happy

I will give that a try.  I have a few tricks of my own.  Like moving the camera around, however, it does make me look shifty.  lol

Message 14 of 31 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Most of those animations can be easily by passed if you strike a pose like casual for example. Smiley Wink

I like that!  I especially enjoy the new Gothic poses.  XD

Message 15 of 31 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

Mar 28, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

Oh my yes!! Those smiles were so creepy.  I think back then I was using my female avatar so I tried to work around the smile, she ended up looking quite odd.

Message 16 of 31 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Mar 28, 2013
lol i've also noticed that.i use R1-Actions-then leave it on Coin Toss,like this my head stays looking straight ahead instead of turning left to right and I can still see everything.
Message 17 of 31 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
403 posts

Mar 28, 2013

OMG.  "The Hunch".  "The Spit". I know exactly what you are talking about and absolutely hate these.  I'll move the avatar or strike a pose just to snap her out of it. 

Message 18 of 31 (108 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Mar 28, 2013

LOL, the smile was the worst. I think I remember going into the character settings and making my avi frown just to counteract " the smile " lol

Message 19 of 31 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I agree it's sometimes annoying for things like pictures to have to deal with what your avatar would be 'looking' at. However in the case of interactions- I can ignore it since no one else can see what your avatar's head is looking toward at any given time since it's based on any given user's interface at any given time.

Seems like a lot of work to change how it looks for yourself alone unless it bothers you to an excessive point. (In which case whatever you pick is cool/your thing and still worth it)

Message 20 of 31 (88 Views)
0 Likes