I Only Post Everything
826 posts

Re: Inevitable migration from PS Home

Sep 18, 2013
I will still get a PS4 and use it, and will still go to Home to race and dance until they kick me out.
Message 41 of 61 (441 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2013

Friends online : 24 (quiet night Smiley Wink )

on Home        : 10

in GTA V        :  3

No, home's not dead... yet! Of course we will see more and more open world MMO. Each with their own appeal to different portion of the Home userbase. 

As any new gen console it will take over a year for the PS4 before it really start to taking over the "old gen". I'm not talking about the hard core early adapter. Talking about Mr. & Ms Joe. Sure the decline is already in motion somehow. It's effect will be more tangible with every new release. But we still have good time ahead of us.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 42 of 61 (426 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28369 posts

Sep 19, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

What good is PS Home, if no one is even using it aside from you?

Almost from the very beginning, some folks have said that Home was going to be gone soon (usually within a a few months to a year). When Free Realms was coming to the PSN, some folks claimed that Home would die because of that game. When DC Universe Online was coming, still people claimed that Home would soon die.

And now here we go again.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 43 of 61 (399 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Sep 19, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Everyone on GTA V will come back once Tikiween begins.

You mean Tikiween II: Chichen Itza Boogaloo?

Rumor has it Lockwood is working on a Mesoamerican dodgeball court. Winners get LMOs of their opponents' heads to kick around Home.

I would like to get a LMO of that Smiley Tongue

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 44 of 61 (373 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

Almost from the very beginning, some folks have said that Home was going to be gone soon (usually within a a few months to a year). When Free Realms was coming to the PSN, some folks claimed that Home would die because of that game. When DC Universe Online was coming, still people claimed that Home would soon die.

And now here we go again.

Because big budget titles like the revolutionary GTA5: Online and the much anticipated Final Fantasy 14 are the same thing as the laughably mediocre DCUO and Free Realms, right? Well, I guess to some people, they might as well be. I mean, Playstation 1 plays video games and so does Playstation 3. They both essentially serve the exact same primary purpose, so why play PS3 when you could just as easily play PS1 indefinitely?.. Lol, getting a little logic-impaired in your later years, eh Conrad?

Also, didn't you reply to that same exact sentence in page 2 of this thread? ..I am pretty sure you did:

LightningEmotion wrote:

Home was very busy for me last night. Maybe it's so busy for you that you are cast into a new instance of the space you'd like to visit?

Example: I went to a space last night where there were only a few people. I stepped out and returned a few seconds later to the same space, but crowded.

Also take into mind that our use of Home may be based on the day and time.

Perhaps someone might have a slight memory issue as well? lol

Message 45 of 61 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Sep 19, 2013
Yes some of the userbase from home will not be back beacuse those games are out. Others will. And still others will find a balance between the games and home. I will reiterate I am gonna wait for a bit to see how those worlds develop if I was going to get on one of those. And yes everyone is gonna have the view on that point they already shared of that argument including myself. We are all gonna repeat over and over our points on this cause we all would love to be right in what we predict.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 46 of 61 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 19, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Not all people who own a PS3, use it to play video games. There's a  majority who strictly enjoy it for Home and that's fine.

More like a tiny minority.

HearItWow wrote:

Everyone on GTA V will come back once Tikiween begins.

You mean Tikiween II: Chichen Itza Boogaloo?

Rumor has it Lockwood is working on a Mesoamerican dodgeball court. Winners get LMOs of their opponents' heads to kick around Home.

Do want. That would definitely get the GTA crowd back too.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 47 of 61 (342 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 19, 2013

Think ive only seen one of my frinds be playing GTAV..Few play Final Fantasy. But a lot are still on Home. I switch back and forth with Home and FF.

What I want to do to most people..Fallen
Message 48 of 61 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

GTAV & FF14. CHILL PEOPLE

Sep 19, 2013

Ok so for last few days I get on and all I see is people freaking out about losing people from Home to GTAV or FF14. But lets be honest plenty of games have been released and Home still stands. Games get boring sooner or later, no matter what they are. Home is always changing and increasing. So everyone just chill. I have FF14 and im still on Home a lot. Its a faze it will pass. So everyone lets just take a deep breath and relax.

What I want to do to most people..Fallen
Message 49 of 61 (375 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2013

Oh god, WHERE do I sign up!?!???

I'd throw those matches like CRAZY! all the little LMOs of my head being kicked all around Home? All that rage and anger, and all the mes!!!!!  LOLOLOL

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 50 of 61 (326 Views)
0 Likes