Fender Bender
1747 posts

Re: Is Acorn park broken again?

May 28, 2013

I was in a full Acorn Meadows Park instance a day ago where for the first 20 minutes (about two races), none of the rides worked, but the dog/food vendors worked. I sucessfully finished my second race, and was surprised to find the ride vendors (along with the dog vendor) working, but the food vendors stopped working. This was seriously odd (not that I minded, I had a couple of lake races I needed to complete). Smiley Tongue

This happen to anyone else?

Message 41 of 47 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 28, 2013

Just my observation but it seems like if there are more than about 45 ppl in that server everything stops working, under and things start to come alive..

If your wondering how I know how many ppl where on I counted them in the chatlog, under options it list everyone on the server..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 42 of 47 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

May 28, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

Just my observation but it seems like if there are more than about 45 ppl in that server everything stops working, under and things start to come alive..

If your wondering how I know how many ppl where on I counted them in the chatlog, under options it list everyone on the server..

I wish that was the case, but Ive been in plenty of instances, public and private with less than 6 people in the space and the bikes and boats didn't work, and I have been in instances near capacity (64) and they worked just fine.

The fact that the only thing predictable about all these issues is that they are so unpredictable, is what likely causes so much frustration.  It's a shame as the space is otherwise quite fun, and a pleasant place to chill out with friends.  

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 43 of 47 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

Just guessing but I think once someone tampers with the scene objects like the bikes in the bike hire the whole space goes kersplat and some or none of the vehicle activities work. Every instance I've been to where that's been messed with for lulz barely anything works.

So really it's down to randomness and the people in the space but not any number, just whoever messes up the bikes accidentally or intentionally.

Oh want to add if anyone is in a working version of the space PM me with your PSN ID so i can jump to you Smiley Tongue please!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 44 of 47 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

My theory is when the bikes break, until everyone that was in the space leaves, they won't work again. Everyone that was in the space when they broke. Leaving and coming back counts as leaving.

Message 45 of 47 (76 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Decadency wrote:

Just guessing but I think once someone tampers with the scene objects like the bikes in the bike hire the whole space goes kernel's and some or none of the vehicle activities work. Every instance I've been to where that's been messed with for lulls barely anything works.

So really it's down to randomness and the people in the space but not any number, just whoever messes up the bikes accidentally or intentionally.

Oh want to add if anyone is in a working version of the space PM me with your USN ID so I can jump to you Smiley Tongue please!

Except more than a few times I have entered the park and found the bike and boats not working, but after about 30 minutes, sometimes longer they start working again.  Now maybe it's because they stopped working before I arrived, and it took that long for everyone that was there at the time they broke to finally leave... But that seems odd that a game/active item stops working for everyone, even those entering the space after it broke, but then some how starts working when only those that were there at the time leave.  Just doesn't make much sense.

Bottom line: its frustrating and its ruining an otherwise cool space.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 46 of 47 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 29, 2013
Well I got into 2 instances that worked before my account got disconnected! Very happy Smiley Happy but this still needs fixing.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 47 of 47 (59 Views)
0 Likes