Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Re: It's a Christmas Tree not a Festive Tree

Dec 11, 2009

DarkMagickan wrote:

And inventing a brand new name to placate those people is equally wrong.

Is it not festive?  Does it not have beautiful, FESTIVE garlands, FESTIVE lights, and a beautiful gold pentagra ----errr, STAR on top?

No . . It has CHRISTMAS garlands, CHRISTMAS Lights (Go to wallmart and find me a box of "Festive lights", all i saw was "christmas lights" last i was there) and the tree in Home has NO star on top, the Home logo is there instead. And in most cases, an angel or 4 point Star is used.

Message 121 of 124 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Dec 11, 2009

Something I would just like to point out,

ALL the gear from last year (tree etc) were tagged at Christmas tree etc. ALL of this years items are tagged Festive. I would bet that all next years itesm will be tagged something else. So that the DEV team knows what item is what and they can find them in the data base. SO there may be CODING reasons that NONE of us have a clue about besides everything else.  

Message 122 of 124 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Dec 11, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

DarkMagickan wrote:
While that is true, Sony basically knew that no matter which of its names they used, somebody would complain. So they had a choice: call it a Christmas/Solstice/Yule/Saturnalia tree, or save space and just call it festive.

But we are not in Europe, or Germany.  We are in North America, and in this continent it is used as a traditional part of the Christmas celebration.  The very celebration that allows Sony to make so much money this time of year.  As such, here it is a Christmas tree.  Someone taking offense to that name is about as in the wrong as me taking offense to the name Menorah.  Especially if I went and did it in Isreal.

And inventing a brand new name to placate those people is equally wrong.

Exactly. Christmas is a National holiday in Mexico, Canada, and the United States. The same CANNOT be said for Solstice and the rest. If you live in North America, there is no escaping Christmas. As much as you might dislike the tradition or want to call it something else, North America acknowledges Christmas. No one is shuving the tradition down the throats of people, but its just something you gotta except if you live in NA. There should be no reason for avoiding the word "Christmas" when all three countries in North America acknowledge it Nationally. So why do we act like the Christmas tree, a tree used in the celebration of Christmas, a Holiday widely practice and nationally excepted for centuries in North America, is some foreign new concept we are forcing on people for the first time?

Do they call the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in New York City (the biggest melting pot of cultures on earth) a Festive Tree? No. What about the Christmas tree in the White House? No. Canada produces 3 to 6 million Christmas trees each year out of the total 40 million Christmas trees cut each year in North America. Sadly I couldn't find a number for how many "Festive Tree"s are cut each year. Wonder why that is. It seems to me like the Only "Festive Tree" is sitting in Playstation Home. In fact, when I Google "Festive Tree" all I get is a link to THIS THREAD!!! LMFAO!

Also the most three celebrated holidays this time of year are Christmas, Kwanza and Hanukkah. Did they change the names of those holdays? Nope! It is even sadder when Hanukkah is also know of festival of lights. I am not mad at the name but how all official home christmas items like the christmas tree in the mall is also called a festive tree while Loot calls it a christmas tree. 

Message 123 of 124 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
72591 posts

Dec 11, 2009
It appears this thread has run its course. It's now deep in uncharted waters with controversial content.
Message 124 of 124 (25 Views)