Highlighted
Aug 22 2009
By: SuperShops Splicer 43 posts

Keep up the good work Sony, may I ask for just one more thing?

7 replies 24 views Edited Aug 22, 2009

OK, I think everyone has asked for this feature and that feature and such, and I can imagine what a development nightmare it can be to weed through them and pick the practical and feasible ones.  To this I thank you Sony.  I, for one, apreciate the improvements Home has had over the months.

It is nice having new areas, but I must be honest, I really wish the "old" areas get a face lift.  The Plaza, I understand, has gone through a face lift once, but it's still pretty bland, small and boring.  Put a garden and fountains in it.  Have varieties of plants and such.  The architecture is late sixties for Pete's sake!

The gamers lounge has to be the worst area in Home.  It's tiny, compact, and people are elbows to armpits in there.  The walls are plain white.  The upper level serves no purpose and has glass rooms you can't even enter!  This place needs to have some color and not the cafeteria look.

The bowling alley has too few lanes.  The lane count needs to be doubled and so does the pool table count.  Heck, there should be a separate pool hall and bowling alley.  How about more than one type of pool as well?  For bowling, how about some Canadian five pin options too?  I'm not Canadian, but it is a fun game!

Why does the Music area have a giant screen above the slightly smaller screen?  Hey, how about music VIDEOs, or at least a visualizer showing there?

I mean, thanks for the improvement for the theater, and I know why it was done first, but come on.  Stimulate our senses for Pete's sake!

Ok, my final push into this improvement to old and tired spaces is to ask you to please add wind and weather to the environment, at least a random breeze.  Maybe some floating clouds?  How about a two hour day and one hour night cycle?  Stars would be cool!

Thanks again for your hard work, but please update the old stuff too.  

Message 1 of 8 (24 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: Keep up the good work Sony, may I ask for just one more thing?

Aug 22, 2009
I'd be behind this idea! Also, having customizable day/night options (i.e. if you want to override the cycles and just stick with a sunsety look). And do the same for the Harbor Studio, except changes to your apartment wouldn't be "just a local thing", meaning other users in your apartment would be able to see it. . But these would be harder since certain areas are designed for bright lights.
Message 2 of 8 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
905 posts

Aug 22, 2009
You say may I ask for one more thing then go on to ask for 9 more things.
Message 3 of 8 (24 Views)
Fender Bender
3090 posts

Aug 22, 2009

niner4life9 wrote:
You say may I ask for one more thing then go on to ask for 9 more things.

LOL yea I thought its gonna be a short read

Photobucket
Message 4 of 8 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Aug 22, 2009
I am sure Sony appreciates you thanking them? But the real thanks go to the Home dev team, not Sony's Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 8 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 13, 2009

Ah my friend, I can see your perspective, but the "one more thing" I asked for was to improve the existing areas and then I elaborated on what that meant.  So, from that perspective, it was "one more thing".

So, from my perspective, it was a true statement.  From your perspective, you were also correct.

How about we just laugh about it and address the content and not nitpick at the title?

Message 6 of 8 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 14, 2009

You say may I ask for one more thing then go on to ask for 9 more things

Lol, thats true. What was ttat all about.

Message 7 of 8 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
552 posts

Dec 14, 2009

SuperShops wrote:
How about a two hour day and one hour night cycle?

I never thought of this! That's a great idea, in my opinion. 

Message 8 of 8 (24 Views)
0 Likes