Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: Lock-a-Doodle WARNING, friends cannot play unless they own it.

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

The furniture looks neat too but not sure what they mean by giant as it always varies and LKWD has many items already not properly scaled to their definition and or price.

The furniture is actually really nice. It is in fact "giant" (though not as big as the ones built into the space), which is good. Unfortunately it only really fits in here and Andy's Room...and you can't exactly decorate in Lock-a-doodle due to the clutter. 

Message 41 of 86 (277 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: Lock-a-Doodle WARNING

Apr 17, 2013

Im sorry but I have been waiting on a certain type of clubhouse and this was it, I made it to directly match my FB page I am trying to start just to have fun with that said I have been drawing and guessing for the past 3 hours and I love it i have gotten 7 rewards so far and hope there are more maybe some pants to go with my 2 shirts, and you are a good doodler by the way lol =D

Message 42 of 86 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 17, 2013

and what exactly are the points you recieve and where do i spend them? or is that here yet? lol thanks for any help

Message 43 of 86 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013
Maggot, im playing a doodle game with you, we are going well....please keep playing :smileyvery-happy:

I think the other people i was playing with stopped, and i cant create new games, its greyed out...so the game with you is my only one active
Message 44 of 86 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I understand.. It should of been mentioned in the item description..

However, When i play War Hawk, Star Hawk, Or any other on-line video game, everyone must own their own copy of it, to play together.

(^_-)artform-fazeone

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 45 of 86 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 17, 2013

lol same here! im all gamed out lol, im stuck on one guys looks like a feather but thats not what it is lol but ill keep playing, probably till i go to bed, feel free to send a friend request if you would like

Message 46 of 86 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
889 posts

Apr 17, 2013

LKWD_Tim wrote:

Hi all,

I understand that the Lock-a-doodle pre-order bundle isn't cheap, which appears to be one of the primary concerns here, but you do get an awful lot in the bundle so we tried to price it accordingly. And yes, it’s true that both you and your friend(s) need to own the game to play together, but the most expensive pre-order bundle isn’t your only option! You can send/receive just the Lock-a-doodle game and easel via the Gift Machine for 512 tokens, or purchase the studio apartment with built in game for $6.99, or just purchase the active object on its own for $6.99 (this is coming soon, as it appears to have been left out of the commerce point for some reason – we’ve contact Sony about it already). Any of these options will give you the game to be able to play with your friends though :smileyhappy:

Random games are live and work on a turn basis, just like every game of Lock-a-doodle. When you launch into a new random game you will either be offered to guess someone else’s doodle (if there is one available at the time) or draw your own for a random Lock-a-doodle player. Once this is complete you can access the ongoing game from the ‘continue’ menu when there is a turn to be taken.

We've fixed a small issue which sometimes caused a crash and the 'game unavailable' text to appear, this should go live next week or the week after – apologies for this.

Thank you for the feedback so far, though, I'm passing it on to the team.

Kind regards,

Tim

Thanks, Tim! I just bought the pre-release bundle and gifted the game to everyone in my club. This is a lot of fun! :smileyhappy:

Message 47 of 86 (208 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Apr 17, 2013

wow Joyce you must run a pretty awesome club!! and yes it is sooooo addictive lol

Message 48 of 86 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:
X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

$29 to doodle on Home?!?  LOL

I think a pencil and piece of scrap paper will suffice.

Again, someone missing the point...it's not about the drawing, it was (supposed) to be about having something to do with friends on Home.

No, I understood your point perfectly. I just can't imagine wanting to play Lock-a-doodle for free or a price, with friends or alone, on Home or anywhere else.

I think many people here (myself included at times) are willing to lower their standards or expectations regarding entertainment and recreation just to have "something to do on Home."

How many of these activities like Lock-a-Doodle, Orb Runner, No Man's Land, Emo Ray, Grow Home, MyGym etc. would have any appeal to most people if they weren't simply "something to do on Home"? I doubt that the majority of Home games would have much merit, audience or profit margin as standalone products. Home enthusiasts just eat'em all up because they're on Home.

castle3
Message 49 of 86 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4279 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Friends cannot play unless they own it or are gifted it for 512 tokens. I just wasted $29 on the pre-order bundle assuming that friends could play. Also I thought, stupidly, that friends would be able to use the doodle packs I bought as well, which was why I bought the large bundle. Really foolish assumptions on my behalf right? Considering the whole premise is "doodle with your friends!!!"?

This is one of those rare cases I wish I could recieve a refund. It says NOWHERE in the item description that friends must purchase their own to play, you don't find this out until a friend attempts to play and it informs them that they must own it.

This is an absolute ripoff, and the last time I am purchasing ANYTHING from Lockwood. I should have known better. I thought, since this was their first clubhouse, they were finally starting to listen to consumer feedback. But no, they have actually taken a step BACKWARDS with this. 

Oh, and the 2 active items that come with it are ridiculous as well. Lock-a-doodle itself takes 27 slots, and the easel for displaying pictures takes a ludicrous 25. There was no way of knowing this before purchase either, as it's only included in the bundles.

I'd advise anyone who hasn't purchased anything from this scam to refrain from doing so, unless you also plan on buying lock-a-doodles for all your friends.

Update: I was trying it out with a friend that bought it, and the game doesn't even run properly. After drawing and/or guessing a pic, when you go to continue the game, it either becomes "unavailable" or you have to rejoin the apt or club (we tried it in both just to make sure) to continue the game, and you will have to do this repeatedly just to keep the game going. Even to the point of having to rejoin just to see if your friend guessed the picture.

Thanks for the warning - the promo video made it appear a lot of fun, good to hear details about this 'game' not mentioned by Lockwood.  I'll pass on this one.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 50 of 86 (168 Views)
0 Likes