Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Re: Lock-a-Doodle WARNING, friends cannot play unless they own it.

Apr 18, 2013

I didn't feel all that interested in the item, but after seeing enough complaints about friends not being able to play unless they buy it, too, further made me have no interest.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 61 of 86 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Apr 18, 2013

All products are only as good as their customer satisfaction. Let's hope  Lockwood is paying attention to the feedback. I used to spontaneously buy new items on Release  Day. These days, more often than not,  I want a preview first.

Posted Image

Message 62 of 86 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I'm sorry you spent alot of money and it didn't work out for you. But thank you very much for warning the people at this forum about it. 

It's my opinion that when actives items like this start to get too huge in slot usage, there really should instead just make an apartment instead that has all the cumbersome program data. And let the furniture items unlock the features. The programming isnt in the furniture. That way the furniture can take just a small number of slots.

Or keep the actives as they are, and bundle in clones of the items, so we can at least use them in other apartments as decoration, without high slot usage.

For myself, this is definitely a bad choice. HUGE costs. And I'll have to find friends who bought this (not many) to enjoy this. I already have a ton of art programs on my pc. So not so interested in doodling in Home unless I can do it with friends. But since friends need to buy this too.... well... not going to work. 

I would like alot of the furniture items, but I only want as decoration. Huge slot use makes them useless to me.

Message 63 of 86 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

What a rip-off. Smiley Sad

I've been pretty happy with Lockwood's content until Lock-a-Doodle. At first, it seemed like it could be entertaining, but $29 is a bit ridiculous for a game bundle... Especially when they expect our friends to buy or be gifted it just to participate in the game.

Message 64 of 86 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013
Kinda on-off topic but, what are the rewards and are they even worth it? I read something about a couple of shirts and that's it Smiley Frustrated

This is like Scribble Shooter all over again, and the worst part of it is, is that it involves a well respected Home dev this time.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 65 of 86 (240 Views)
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013
the rewards could be better. but they are not just a couple of shirts.

So far i unlocked 2 pants with paint on it, 3 shirts with paint, a pencil item and a brush, both go on your ear, a brush and palette hand item.

From the video it seems that there also is a jacket with paint on it, and a hat.

I would have liked if the rewards would have been a bit better, the brush bigger and a bit stylized like the personal space...instead they are realistic and very small
Message 66 of 86 (225 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Apr 18, 2013
^ So I guess they aren't anything to go crazy over. Paint clothes sound fun but.....meh...

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 67 of 86 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Apr 18, 2013

In pictures.

beret_f_320 beret_m_320f_black_top_320 f_denim_leggings_320f_ear_brush_320 f_ear_pencil_320f_red_top_320 f_smock_320f_white_leggings_320 f_white_top_320hand_brush_f_320 hand_brush_m_320hand_palette_brush_f_320 hand_palette_brush_m_320hand_palette_f_320 hand_palette_m_320m_black_jeans_320 m_blue_shirt_320m_denim_jeans_320 m_ear_brush_320m_ear_pencil_320 m_green_shirt_320m_red_shirt_320 m_smock_320

Message 68 of 86 (209 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Oh...I kind of like some of those....crap decisions decisions Smiley Sad

Message 69 of 86 (201 Views)
Wastelander
252 posts

Apr 18, 2013
I love the look of the space, if you like art its just awesome, and stylized in a cartoony style.

The game has a lot of issues, and if you dont buy the additional packs the words keep repeating.

If you dont buy it for the personal space but for the game, i would wait till they solve the issues and make it better
Message 70 of 86 (192 Views)
0 Likes