First Son
4 posts

Re: Long time supporters of Home are being punished

Feb 5, 2010

I agree that the Playstation Home load time is getting way too long and will get even longer If you buy more stuff!

This is very discouraging for gamers who may be discouraged from buying any more stuff from home and will actually hurt Home's economy market. The Sony Home Team that designed and built home should have tested what would happen if an account had purchased every Item ever purchased or won from Home to see just what would happen!

I predict that if the experiment sponsored as a test by the company would arrive at a dawning conclusion that the system will get slower and slower to the point that it may even take more than 30+ minutes to load all verified items...The gate keepers of load time must fix this or sony home will eventally start to fall in decline and fail in popularity...and its just now starting to look a little more interesting!

this is an extreme theory but potential Limits have been detected, Only being able to display 50 items in my private spaces!....Why dont they sell us a Blue ray disc game or downloadable game of Home that is as massive and as detailed as a GTA4 game?

They should allow you the possibility of always using your avatar in all future games! If that were to happen the shopping and developement would go crazy and gamers who never thought about dressing up soon would!

If sony were to fix the problem and also allow more uses for the avatar to travel, even to other games, then they would have a strong home economy and a lot of very happy gamers.

Message 51 of 54 (20 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Feb 5, 2010

SandDragon99 wrote:

I agree that the Playstation Home load time is getting way too long and will get even longer If you buy more stuff!

This is very discouraging for gamers who may be discouraged from buying any more stuff from home and will actually hurt Home's economy market. The Sony Home Team that designed and built home should have tested what would happen if an account had purchased every Item ever purchased or won from Home to see just what would happen!

I predict that if the experiment sponsored as a test by the company would arrive at a dawning conclusion that the system will get slower and slower to the point that it may even take more than 30+ minutes to load all verified items...The gate keepers of load time must fix this or sony home will eventally start to fall in decline and fail in popularity...and its just now starting to look a little more interesting!

this is an extreme theory but potential Limits have been detected, Only being able to display 50 items in my private spaces!....Why dont they sell us a Blue ray disc game or downloadable game of Home that is as massive and as detailed as a GTA4 game?

They should allow you the possibility of always using your avatar in all future games! If that were to happen the shopping and developement would go crazy and gamers who never thought about dressing up soon would!

If sony were to fix the problem and also allow more uses for the avatar to travel, even to other games, then they would have a strong home economy and a lot of very happy gamers.

This has been my biggest complaint about Home ever since I started buying things.

It's also the reason that, as of this week, I stopped buying clothing. It already takes me 10 minutes to load home with cache set at 3gb. The fact that new items don't show at the top of the wardrobe list and that it can take me anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes or more to change outfits has become really frustrating for me and my friends who have to wait around for me.

So there goes an average of $20 per week out of Sony's pockets from one user alone. I hope one day we will see customizable wardrobe lists, a delete/redownload feature, and a fix for loading times.

Anda_waywego
Message 52 of 54 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
854 posts

Feb 5, 2010

djepic112 wrote:

When I say long time supporter, I mean those who have purchased a lot of things and really given Home the financial backing it needs. Unfortunately, since the last major update, Home takes EXTREMELY long for us to log in. I've purchased A LOT of stuff so it takes me about 12 minutes from the time I press x on the icon to when I'm loaded in my first space. That's just unacceptable. Home also experiences frequent errors that logs you off. For me, it just really discourages me to get back on because of the long wait.

It also takes about a full six minutes to "download" anything after a purchase(even freebie) from the mall. I don't understand this. I'm not sure if the time this takes is tied in to how much stuff you already have or not. Again, if I bought stuff and realised I forgot one item, it discourages me to go back and sit through the wait. I thought the big "overhaul" was supposed to make Home better in the last software update? It made it much worse and it was already bad before. 

Also, it says that allowing Home to use 12gb means a "smoother" experience. So far, NO ONE here has reported any difference. 12gb is A LOT to give to one program, especially if you have the 40gb model. I offered the 12gb and Home isn't any different at all. I'm getting really frustrated with these problems and I wonder if they are going to get fixed within an appropriate time or not. It's  been months already.  

i agree 1,000% with everything said here

it seems that people who dont buy a thing are having less issues and if they do get booted they can get back on in 2 minutes flat... yes i have a backup id and have verified this

people who buy things should get priority service, which isnt happening.. plain sad were being ignored

Message 53 of 54 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Feb 5, 2010
I only just started using home. I thank everybody who has left messages here about long load times.  Wish I'd been thinking when I got all that free stuff at Irem square.  I only have two personal spaces right now, and as cool as some of the others sound, I'ma gonna wait till Sony fixes the load time problem.  I'm already experiencing loading delays, even at only a few minutes extra it's anoying enough to make me swear off new item, free or otherwise. Maybe I can hit up some of the older users for a tour of there space so I can see what I'm missing...

What FF Character are you?
Message 54 of 54 (20 Views)
0 Likes