Highlighted
Jan 18 2014
By: SnowHood-Ride50 Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

Losing Interest In Home Lately

13 replies 496 views Edited Jan 18, 2014

im hopin i dont get ripped on for Making thios  thread but im just stating my Opinon on how i feel about home.  I know alot of people  still love  home and go on it everyday  but im not one of those people anymore. i been using home since  2009  i would be on it every day for  hours and  hours instead of playing  games  but for past  few weeks i been losing interest in home cause  home  to me isnt the same anymore like it used to be.   between alll  the  errors i get on home  or lagging  i deal with cause  of people who like to use giant avatars  etc.   also  dealing  with fams on home.  few times a week  whenever im in a  public  place someone  always asking me  to join their  fam.  telling me  their  fam is the best on home.  of  course i tell them  no.  the people with giant  avatars  and people on fams on home needs to go  cause those  are people who  are ruining home.  i dont go on home  everday but when i do  i stay on for about 10-15 minutes  hang out with some friends on home if they are on then after  couple of minutes i get off  home. if i dont see any of my  friends on home i dont get on at all.  i rather  game now  then go on home. i dont have  to deal with people asking me to join their fam or deal with drama.  i rather lay my games like borderlands 2   dead island grand theft auto V then be on home.  does anyone else think home has changed but not for the better.    would u rather be on home  these  days or would u rather game ???

Message 1 of 14 (496 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: Losing Interest In Home Lately

Jan 18, 2014

Join us.

.... Smiley Wink

The Homeling Collective
Message 2 of 14 (481 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 18, 2014

EVERYONE goes through this if you have spent a lot of time on Home. Take a break. Not even kidding. Take a chunk of time away and you'll appreciate it when you get back.  Been there too.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 14 (476 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 18, 2014

I spend much more time in Final Fantasy XIV these days. I still love Home and I do get back to it to see friends and do other things. There is more to life than Home and doing those too is fine. Taking a break from anything is always a good thing.

Message 4 of 14 (465 Views)
I Only Post Everything
446 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

EVERYONE goes through this if you have spent a lot of time on Home. Take a break. Not even kidding. Take a chunk of time away and you'll appreciate it when you get back.  Been there too.

Snow I've been right where your at.. MULTIPLE times. What Jers says is spot on, take a break. I've found that when I lose that HOME feeling I just stop cold turkey. Game, hangout with friends more, hit the gym that much longer, clean places in my house long since neglected I'd since forgotten about lol.    Then when I was curious, log on. For me personally it was the people that brought me back. When the people that I normally visited where no longer there/moved on ect,  i met NEW people.  Now every person's experience is different, but if your not feeling it just take a break. You may find your done with it, or you may find a new vigor to keep you excited about it all over again. 

bob-maul wrote:
It was like me trying to prove Half Life 3's existence by finding three bananas in my fruit bowl.
Message 5 of 14 (445 Views)
Monster Hunter
21 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Snowhood I couldn, t agree more. Unfortunately I have not been able to find the same social experience that is found on Home anywhere else.  I am hoping we are all suffering the winter blahs. Even with all the troubles Home has, it is  unique. IMO theres no place like Home.   Try keeping your head up. I'm redecorating spaces so they will be ready for when Home gets its mojo back.

Message 6 of 14 (432 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6035 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Everyone uses home for different reasons. Only you know why choose to do so.

I choose to use Home to alleviate some of the stress I get from my job.

I stay away from the nonsense and drama on home and the forums as well since it would pretty much defeat the  purpose of using both in the first place.

Moderation is the key for me. I do my routine on home then I'm done.

Home is just a "part"of my life  daily routine not the "whole" so losing interest is not really a problem.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 14 (350 Views)
VP of Gaming
28566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2014

I would take time off from Home or quit. No "rip" here.

If you're on Home everyday for hours at a time, of course you might lose interest. So taking a break from it makes sense. I see no issue in doing so.

I only used Home for thirty minutes tonight because I got off late from work, watched a television program and then put in a new movie. And now I'm off to bed as I have to wake up in two and a half hours.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 14 (326 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14128 posts

Jan 18, 2014

I've been playing Saints Row: The Third recently (and platinumed it), DC Universe, and other new games while I still log into Home to see friends and to do something new. Although I do still have a passion for Home, I can understand it has it flaws with its lagging, seeing people reverse engineer Home to make their avatars appear giant, and people who decide to ruin the experience of Home for the other users. I recommend to take a break from the 3D virtual reality every once in a while, or quit altogether if that's what you're planning on doing.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 9 of 14 (296 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

I see taking a break from home, like a mental rehab. It's good for the mind, and your relatively saneness. 

Message 10 of 14 (288 Views)