Reply
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2008
Offline
2604 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

 


J-T-W-NY wrote:

HlPPE wrote:

I'm not sure on this. My only input would be that if we the Home users turn Home into a dating game , people outside the app are going to think its a den of perv's and kids and ultimatly this type of stuff will cause problem's for the application in the long term. But lets face it , you cant stop ppl from meeting in Home just as WoW cant stop ppl from meeting on there. I just think we as the Home user have to be carful what impressions we give the outside world and ppl that are not so knowledgable about Home IMO.


 

If we've learned only one thing over the course of the life of the Playstation and the games we play, is that love can bloom anywhere, even on the battlefield. 

 

 

 


 

I could be wrong but is the line I highlighted in red from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots?  Sounds oddly familiar.

 

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2009
Offline
703 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

Art_of_Ronin wrote:

 


J-T-W-NY wrote:

HlPPE wrote:

I'm not sure on this. My only input would be that if we the Home users turn Home into a dating game , people outside the app are going to think its a den of perv's and kids and ultimatly this type of stuff will cause problem's for the application in the long term. But lets face it , you cant stop ppl from meeting in Home just as WoW cant stop ppl from meeting on there. I just think we as the Home user have to be carful what impressions we give the outside world and ppl that are not so knowledgable about Home IMO.


 

If we've learned only one thing over the course of the life of the Playstation and the games we play, is that love can bloom anywhere, even on the battlefield. 

 

 

 


 

I could be wrong but is the line I highlighted in red from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots?  Sounds oddly familiar.

 


 

Yes, from Metal Gear Solid.  If Otacon can fall in love with Sniperwolf in chaos of Shadow Moses and the race to stop that nuke from being launched, then Rianor5 can fall in love in Home too.


RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 21 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2008
Offline
2604 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

 


J-T-W-NY wrote:

Art_of_Ronin wrote:

 


J-T-W-NY wrote:

HlPPE wrote:

I'm not sure on this. My only input would be that if we the Home users turn Home into a dating game , people outside the app are going to think its a den of perv's and kids and ultimatly this type of stuff will cause problem's for the application in the long term. But lets face it , you cant stop ppl from meeting in Home just as WoW cant stop ppl from meeting on there. I just think we as the Home user have to be carful what impressions we give the outside world and ppl that are not so knowledgable about Home IMO.


 

If we've learned only one thing over the course of the life of the Playstation and the games we play, is that love can bloom anywhere, even on the battlefield. 

 

 

 


 

I could be wrong but is the line I highlighted in red from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots?  Sounds oddly familiar.

 


 

Yes, from Metal Gear Solid.  If Otacon can fall in love with Sniperwolf in chaos of Shadow Moses and the race to stop that nuke from being launched, then Rianor5 can fall in love in Home too.


 

Ahh cool.  Yes, I knew it was a line from MGS game, but wasn't sure from which one.  Cool.  Yep, if Otacon can do it, I guess anything is possible. ^^

 

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/27/2005
Offline
2677 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

I would be real cautious about starting any relationship. You could get yourself in a world of crap. 

Message 23 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/08/2001
Offline
677 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

Yes love can happen in Home and if someone wants to use Home to find love who are we to tell them otherwise?

Message 25 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/18/2007
Offline
2100 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

 


JPConway wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

Recently, JPConway created a thread asking people if they've tried finding love in home.  Well pretty much everyone who replied, balked at the idea of trying to find love inside of home. But as I am someone who has found love inside of home, i posted and revealed that I have found my gf that i love very much originally inside of home.

 

The majority of everyone here, has a pre-conceived notion of finding love inside home is such a stupid concept, such a stupid idea. The few threads that have been made about love inside home, 95% - 98% of everyone who posts, thinks it's wrong and something that only juveniles or desparate people partake in.

 

I am neither of those, and I was not looking for love to come inside home, it just happened, but I am so glad it did! I wasn't going around talking to any female avatar trying to hook up, but a female avatar came up to me inside the bowling alley and she commented on my trophy collection that I had at the time, saying she liked my collection. I said thank you and we started talking. And that's how my gf and I met, we met inside of home randomly and by chance. Sure we are still separate from one another right now, but I have gone to see her for a week, and I'm moving in May to be with her permanently. 

 

The point of this thread? The point is, please don't be ignorant towards finding love inside home, it's really not something that's left for the dogs. I'm not saying go bug every female avatar you see to try and hook up, because then you're harassing and then you can get reported. But don't be against finding love inside home if you're single. Love is such a funny thing, and you shouldn't limit yourself on how you find love. If it happens then it happens, don't limit yourself and be open to whatever random happenstance you might encounter inside of home


Say WHA?????????

I believe that it was BitRunner who had created that thread - I was just maybe a "tad" vocal on it - okay - very vocal 

Good posting Rianor - Love can find you in the most "oddest" of places/times.

.

JPConway


 

 

heh sorry about that JP, i corrected it, and yes love can be found in some really odd places

 


Art_of_Ronin wrote:

Yep, anything goes in HOME I guess.  Wish you the best of luck with her.  But still, I find that moving in after seeing or knowing a person online for short periods of time is a bit too quick.  How far are you two apart?  Hours apart?  2 States apart?  It takes a lot of dedication to partake in long distance relationship.  LOL..I guess HOME is that kind of new online meet/friendship and eventually lead to relationship and dating kind of place as long you are lucky, hence Lavalife (an online dating site).  Congrats once again to you Rianor.


 Were only a state apart. So it's not like I'm moving halfway across the country.

 

Also talking about weddings in home,

 

Her and I are thinking about having one Who wants to be the Flower Girl and Ring Bearer? Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/25/2010
Offline
364 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

HlPPE wrote:

I'm not sure on this. My only input would be that if we the Home users turn Home into a dating game , people outside the app are going to think its a den of perv's and kids and ultimatly this type of stuff will cause problem's for the application in the long term. But lets face it , you cant stop ppl from meeting in Home just as WoW cant stop ppl from meeting on there. I just think we as the Home user have to be carful what impressions we give the outside world and ppl that are not so knowledgable about Home IMO.


I think it's wonderful whenever people find love and happiness with each other, and I think it's awesome that Home is helping people find that. ... Rianor5 put me on your Home guest list! I'd love to attend your Home wedding.

 

As for pervs, well the world is full of them and parents have to educate their children to avoid them, especially in chat rooms. I've always thought Home should be M rated and require credit card confirmation for access, just to keep the pervs down. If every user could be tracked by Sony with credit card info then I think the possibility of inappropriate stuff happening would be greatly diminished.


Message 27 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 10/30/2009
Offline
797 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

Love isn't magic. There's no soulmates, no fireworks, no happy endings. It is a chemical reaction to the horomones testosterone and oestrogen, causing the person's judgement to become handicapped. Once paired in a mutually attracted basis, dopamine and serotonin are dumped in mass amounts causing euphoria.

 

Music, movies and media have folks believing that love is some type of force that's so powerful we could never understand it. The truth is, it's a horomone based reaction to mate bonding. It's nothing more then an evolutionary trait created to make sure multiple copies of the same two pairings of genetics gets passed on to the next generation.

 

And in the long run, these factories of horomones and chemicals shut down, the attraction dies off, and the "magic" is gone. Causing the mated pair to part ways or look for better genetic traits to pair with.

Message 28 of 84 (19 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2008
Offline
2604 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

 


x-cult wrote:

Love isn't magic. There's no soulmates, no fireworks, no happy endings. It is a chemical reaction to the horomones testosterone and oestrogen, causing the person's judgement to become handicapped. Once paired in a mutually attracted basis, dopamine and serotonin are dumped in mass amounts causing euphoria.

 

Music, movies and media have folks believing that love is some type of force that's so powerful we could never understand it. The truth is, it's a horomone based reaction to mate bonding. It's nothing more then an evolutionary trait created to make sure multiple copies of the same two pairings of genetics gets passed on to the next generation.

 

And in the long run, these factories of horomones and chemicals shut down, the attraction dies off, and the "magic" is gone. Causing the mated pair to part ways or look for better genetic traits to pair with.


 

Dr. Professor X-aviers speaks!  What about the future outcome with mutant and evolution with human beings?  Will we all be digitized one day like in TRON and serve a new religion/creed with online community?  What's your takes on it?

 

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 29 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2127 posts
 

Re: Love in Home? It Can Happen

Mar 23, 2010

 


Rianor5 wrote:

Recently, BitRunner created a thread asking people if they've tried finding love in home.  Well pretty much everyone who replied, balked at the idea of trying to find love inside of home. But as I am someone who has found love inside of home, i posted and revealed that I have found my gf that i love very much originally inside of home.

 

The majority of everyone here, has a pre-conceived notion of finding love inside home is such a stupid concept, such a stupid idea. The few threads that have been made about love inside home, 95% - 98% of everyone who posts, thinks it's wrong and something that only juveniles or desparate people partake in.

 

I am neither of those, and I was not looking for love to come inside home, it just happened, but I am so glad it did! I wasn't going around talking to any female avatar trying to hook up, but a female avatar came up to me inside the bowling alley and she commented on my trophy collection that I had at the time, saying she liked my collection. I said thank you and we started talking. And that's how my gf and I met, we met inside of home randomly and by chance. Sure we are still separate from one another right now, but I have gone to see her for a week, and I'm moving in May to be with her permanently. 

 

The point of this thread? The point is, please don't be ignorant towards finding love inside home, it's really not something that's left for the dogs. I'm not saying go bug every female avatar you see to try and hook up, because then you're harassing and then you can get reported. But don't be against finding love inside home if you're single. Love is such a funny thing, and you shouldn't limit yourself on how you find love. If it happens then it happens, don't limit yourself and be open to whatever random happenstance you might encounter inside of home


 

 

I appreciate your plight, but my "pre-concieved notions" stem from personal experience. I met someone online (a PC MMORPG) and fell in love with him quite a few years back. We were a lot alike and got along wonderfully. After a year or two of online dating, chatting daily, we moved too talking on the phone daily. Eventually, he asked me to move to Texas for him (I live in Nebraska), and I did. I lived with him for a year before discovering he was nothing like he claimed to be online. While online he was confident and not afraid to do anything. Face to face, however, he was shy and scared to go anywhere. Our personalities clashed, in the most extreme way. I finally discovered this was a person who was completely incapable of having any relationship, unless it were online. I moved back to Nebraska after my father died, and I met the man who would become my husband.

 

I'm not saying that internet dating, as a whole, is a bad idea. You can meet people you never would have met otherwise. However, you never, ever, truly know someone until you are face to face with them on a daily basis. People always act different online (whether they know it or not) than they would face to face. I tend to be a lot more reserved when I am online, but when I'm face to face with my friends, I'm crazy. I have known a lot of relationships that have started because of online gaming, and they have all ended in disaster. That's not to say there haven't been success stories. One of my closest friends (from the same PC MMORPG) met a guy from the Netherlands, and they dated for about 2 years, before he came to D.C. to meet her. He did that a few times, before they decided to get married, and get him a green card. That was 5 years ago, and they are still together.

 

I guess the point of my endless ranting is: There are always two sides to internet dating, and before you jump in head first, you should always consider both sides of the matter. And if you aren't careful, you will always end up getting yourself hurt.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx


Message 30 of 84 (19 Views)
0 Likes