Fender Bender
2705 posts

Re: Moms on home

Oct 22, 2012

I see people talking about being Mom's at the Dolphy Races wating for the race to begin so it doesn't surprise me. 

I don't recall people talking about Grandchildren but I'm guessing there are Grandparents some of whom maybe were introduced to Home by Grandchildren. But I speculate on the latter. 

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 11 of 37 (270 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Oct 22, 2012
"AbysmalDawna (Lombax Warrior)

I dont think I would want my mother talking to strange teenagers on Home. And lets reverse this and say that you are a 24 year old father talking to 16 year old girls luring them into conversation sounds kind of creepy if not time to call Chris Hansen. Everyday we read about older women seducing innocent boys and in fact Dateline NBC last night that was the story. Motherhood is a serious occupation and I am glad my mother wasnt lollygagging around with teenage boys on Home. Of course it didnt exist when she was around and she had more important things to do like teaching me etiquette and manners which seems to be a rare commodity these days."

Ok, **bleep**? I only go on home after my kids r asleep usually, not that its ur business as if u can judge what kind of mother i am because im a gamer, lol. But the preying on teenagers? Cmon man i just talk 2 people 2 make conversation, usually not knowing their age until later. I have a bf irl, i have no need or desire 4 those types of relationships. Teenagers i will talk 2 with respect as any1 but mostly i look at them as a mom would, so i take special offense 2 ur comment.
Message 12 of 37 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

Oh your a single mother with a boyfriend. I guess that's a different story?  One thing for sure two things teenage boys love is pizza and girls.

Message 13 of 37 (243 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Oct 22, 2012

this thread took a turn for the worse.

why is it whenever anyone mentions age and Home people immediately talk about perverted old people talking up kids on Home? sheesh, people these days. Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 37 (237 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Im not a single mother. I live with my sons father, we r not married. We r both nerdy and like playing ps3. End of story. Ive never hit on any1 underage i think thats sick as most would i would hope, but more 2 the point, i dont think any1 could possibly have been stupid enough 2 confuse my original posting with being a child predator so im guessing ur a troll. Am i right? In any case u can have these forums all u want, i dont think they really r my kind of thing. Im new and was trying them out but people on here seem 2 b by and large immature or hostile.
Message 15 of 37 (233 Views)
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Oct 22, 2012

One thing I love is when the "kids" hit on you thinking you are their age. When you finally tell them how old you really are they run for the hills, or ask why are you not letting your kids on the PS3. I tell them who do you think payed for the PS3 in the first place. I'm 36 and a mom of 2. I only let my kids on when im on with them so I know what happens and I can deal with it. I see how women/girls get treated on here. I was with my daughter in the hub and we both got a distrubing pm from the same person. Needless to say he got to reports. LOL.

Message 16 of 37 (220 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

That's the thing these kids only think that other kid's their age play these games. And they have a steriotypical view that anyone over 20 only goes on these games looking for kids to molest. But just remember these kids are very immature and the best thing to do is ignore them when they start talking trash. Someone on this topic alone has proved that he/she is just an immature little brat. But do these kids think that once you reach the age of 20 you just stop playing videogames altogether? Chances are if you like video games when your a kid, your still going to like them as an adult.

bobs fed signature
Message 17 of 37 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Oct 22, 2012

:^/ I've been playing video games for as long as there have been video games, and reading comic books ever since I was too old for them. (We know I was too old back in my high school days, because the advertising in comic were for breakfast ceral and snack cakes, etc. Kid''s fare. Today, the advertising is often for brand spankin' new $35,000 automobiles....)

;^) I figure I'll stop reading comics and stop playing video games when they stop being fun, but no sooner. As for teenagers making assumptions about my age, there's a reason my name is "Danger_Dad...."

Message 18 of 37 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
236 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Well I am a grandmother and I have been gaming for over 30 years. I love gaming and I will probably never give it up. I am young at heart and have made many a friend on Home. Most don't care about my age as long as they respect me and don't judge me I have no problems. As I give each and every person I see respect, except those that are nasty and disrespectful. I just try most of the time to ignore them.  I will not waste my time, nor energy on them.  So yes there are many grandparents on Home, some just won't admit it lol!

Message 19 of 37 (173 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 22, 2012

There are people of all ages on Home. I have personally met people ranging from 11 years old to 52 (the ages that they tell me).

The good thing about home, and any other virtual community, is that it levels the playing field. It allows people of all ages to communicate without age discrimination being a factor. The bad thing however, is that all avatars look like young adults, and that may give a false impression if you are in fact talking to a minor and don't realize it. The sword cuts both ways.

Message 20 of 37 (139 Views)