Sackboy
404 posts

Re: More than just a Homepage

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Most servers in Second Life are abandoned, and the level of hostility in the environments where users are present would make the most seasoned troll in HOME look like a mewling kitten.  Thematically, the overall aesthetic in Second Life seems to be devoted to promoting the most heinous erotic proclivities possible.  HOME on its worst day is never as bad as some of the things I have seen going on in Second Life.    

On topic, I think you may be on to something with that machinima idea.  Of course, you would have to create something on par with RedversusBlue to really "advertise" HOME in that fashion.  The idea has a great deal of merit.  How best to exploit it is the next question. 

Message 11 of 21 (116 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Lol, Second Life..
Message 12 of 21 (104 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Second Life is pretty much a dead place that will take alll your computer memory up and cause many issues, and I.N.V.U dead also, neither compare to anything that home offers. Sony woyld be making a huge mistake to let home go

Message 13 of 21 (99 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

IMVU never encouraged the sense of community that HOME does.  It also utilizes a ChatRoulette style system for finding other users, with no regards to who exactly it pairs a first time user with.  Most communities within IMVU are "gated" in the sense that if you  are not a part of whatever user groups you may encounter you never will be.

HOME may not have the most welcoming community at the moment, but if you think cliques in there are bad you need look no further than programs like Second Life or IMVU for an example of how much worse things could be.   

Message 14 of 21 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I agree and posted a thread discussing the profitablity of Home. I believe that Home is a profitable venture. I am in hopes that it is indeed worthy of further investment by new and current developers and I believe it will be instrumental in keeping PS3 a viable option for those who are as commited to Home as I am.
Message 15 of 21 (89 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 14, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
DMC... you know I think you are awesome.... thanks for contributing Smiley Wink
...I love miz fortune and I used to get so very aggravated with her but she certainly made for some great times.

You think I am awesome? Dude I think you are awesome bro! Tee hee! ^.^

whos-awesome.jpg

Message 16 of 21 (65 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 14, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
I have seen some wonderful machinamas about Home. We shoukd have a contest to see who can make the best pro-Home ad campaign. We are after all, the most creative of users Smiley Happy

I would love to participate in a machinima. I have the Loot active camera and the Loot studio but I can never use it because I can't record my own avitar doing anything which sucks because I wanted to make some machinima.

Message 17 of 21 (65 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I also have a camera. ...maybe we could figure it out together. Hmmm.... I wonder....
Message 18 of 21 (62 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 14, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
I also have a camera. ...maybe we could figure it out together. Hmmm.... I wonder....

Just let me know... Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 21 (45 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

I am very interested to see what you two come up with.  Please keep posting as the pair of you continue to develop your concept.  With recent events, HOME needs community members like you now more than ever.

Message 20 of 21 (43 Views)