May 23, 2013

Thank you, Lil,blue Smiley Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 11 of 103 (408 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: My stroll through (Home)

May 23, 2013
I just want to thank you for sharing your story with us. I had no idea you were disabled. Kitty said it was touching...and this is so unlike me...but it is. It touched my heart. Not even kidding Im trying really hard not to cry right now. I can't imagine how strong of a person you must be!

I must admit...usually when i see your posts Im like...uh here's this guy again trying to wrangle in the bickering...but i ddnt understand what this forum means to you...what Home means to you. I see now that its because you truly care about it in a way i can never truly understand. Once again..thank you for sharing your story with us. Its puts a human being on the other side of your id. God bless you Jers and good luck to you sir!
Message 12 of 103 (405 Views)
Wastelander
636 posts

May 23, 2013

Very insightful story Jersquall, thanks for sharing.  The PlayStation, and Home certainly give us opportunities to do things we can't in real life.  

Message 13 of 103 (399 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

May 23, 2013

You rock Jers. Keep kickin' a-- er, butt! Cat Wink

Message 14 of 103 (398 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
I just want to thank you for sharing your story with us. I had no idea you were disabled. Kitty said it was touching...and this is so unlike me...but it is. It touched my heart. Not even kidding Im trying really hard not to cry right now. I can't imagine how strong of a person you must be!

I must admit...usually when i see your posts Im like...uh here's this guy again trying to wrangle in the bickering...but i ddnt understand what this forum means to you...what Home means to you. I see now that its because you truly care about it in a way i can never truly understand. Once again..thank you for sharing your story with us. Its puts a human being on the other side of your id. God bless you Jers and good luck to you sir!

Yeah, you got me. tears flowing. Thank you. lol.

I hate seeing the arguing over petty things. especially when I respect everyone who comes here for Home/games. a lot of you guys/girls are like my extended family. So many awesome Home users. So many stories. Home changed my life in a great many ways.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 15 of 103 (396 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

May 23, 2013

Hey Jers,

I never was the type to share stuff like that.  I am motivated by how you carry yourself on these forums and home.  You have really been a good friend for the past couple years.  I don't want to derail the the thread by sharing my problems.  I'm actually very lucky.  I just joined the Marine Corps a few years ago.  It was something I wanted to do my whole life.  I wanted to be a Marine.

One night I was out with friends.  I left my truck parked and started to walk home that night.  I seen bright head lights and moved over to the side of the road and carried on my walk.  I felt a hard hit, flying feeling, and another instant stop.  I woke up in the woods, and got my bearings back.  I knew something happen to me but I wasn't sure what happen.  So I started to walk home. 

This was the longest walk I ever took on my life.  It was like a never ending road.  I finally get home and clean myself up to go to bed.  I wake up to go to work and realize I couldn't move.  No matter what I did I could not move.  My father found me in the house and asked me why I wasn't at work.  He looked at me and just knew something was wrong.  He picks me up to take me to the hospital.  The doctors told me I shattered my C3 and fractured my C4.  The State Police told me I was hit by a truck.  The truck hit me, threw me 30 feet in the air and I came to rest against a tree. 

So I now have limits to what I can do in life now.  I can walk  n stuff and I'm thankful.  I go through a lot of pain which stinks.  PlayStation Home has actually helped me cope with that.  I get to help people, share my ideas, have fun, and try to be myself.  Not just Home, the whole PlayStation Community helps me cope with my problems.  Being part of the community means a lot to me and I would probably never leave it.

Thanks for letting me share.  I kinda went indeph with all that.  Thanks for the thread kinda motivated me to be more open.

Bambi-01us
Message 16 of 103 (383 Views)
Wastelander
636 posts

May 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

Wow, going from the Walk in Home to the new Stroll in Home is coming full circle. There has been some that feel these wheelchairs are offensive or a joke, but they certainly are not—and are appreciated by many. Thanks for making this video in homage to your previous one. You of all people are what have made this place special.

Also, Home had previously in it's infancy taken a beating from the gaming sites. They just didn't get it. some of us got it. it has always been about the community. Shame they missed that.

It's the community that is the most fascinating to me.  Covering games, and releases is okay.  But it is the community I find most fascinating, and the articles I've done featuring various aspects of the community wind up being the most  rewarding.  The thing I'm surprise at is how people will open up to you if you stop to chat for a bit. 

Message 17 of 103 (380 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

May 23, 2013

Jers, I'm honored to be your friend. And you are truly a class act.

Home has never been "just a game." It's far more than that. For all of the derisive commentary Home's had to endure over half a decade -- both from the people who get it and those who don't -- the reality is that Home has done something very unique: it's measurably impacted some peoples' lives for the better.

With your permission, Jers, I'd like to reprint this story in HSM under your byline. Particularly since something cool is coming up which we should chat about offline.

So, hey, Round Table this weekend? Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 103 (373 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2013

Bambi, That was a danderously high injury >.< You're so fortunate. the daily, all day pain sucks but staying busy keeps my thoughts from focusing. I don't take any meds at all. Thank you for sharing. It has been awesome watching the green HCV blossom into exactley what I knew she would. Smiley Wink You rock'

HomeStationMagazine
Message 19 of 103 (367 Views)
Fender Bender
2036 posts

May 23, 2013
Your story is truly an inspiring one Jersquall, it's nice to see how much commitment you've put into PlayStation Home and gaming in general, being in your situation and what you've strived to do it's nothing else but inspiring.

It's really good to have you here on the forums and in home, keep it up and I hope you never lose your resolve.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 103 (363 Views)