Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Re: My stroll through (Home)

May 23, 2013

Jers,

Loved your stroll at the park, very inspirational on what you had to say and the video you made. You sure send out a message on it. For alot of us here PlayStation Home is a getaway from our real lives which helps us cope with things and anyone here sharing such stories as this is truly touching.

Message 41 of 103 (239 Views)
Uncharted Territory
898 posts

May 23, 2013
Man, there is just no way I can post in public what happened to me. But great video, and I hope talking about what happened to you gives you peace, Jersquall.
Message 42 of 103 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5699 posts

May 23, 2013

long journeys amazing how much ground is covered keep on rolling. Smiley Wink

images.jpg

Message 43 of 103 (235 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

May 23, 2013

Very poignant, indeed.

As much as I don't want to admit it, even I was moved by this story. I had no idea you were a quadriplegic, you carried yourself on the forums quite capably enough.

Thanks for the story and good luck, you have my respect.

Message 44 of 103 (228 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

May 23, 2013

Wow, very touching and inspirational! This makes me see home in a different light. I never really saw Home as something other than a huge evolving game that needed conquering and a great way to express my craziness. I never understood how some of the people I've met along the way took Home so seriously, but now I understand. All I can say is thank you Jersquall and to the others that have shared your stories, you all are are an insparation. 

Message 45 of 103 (223 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Home is a wonderful social platform and Jersquall's journey through it is very special. It just goes to show how many can overcome adversity and make life special for them in spite of it all. I don't pretend to know how difficult it must be but I have been exposed to chronic illness as a result of a loved one and it's certainly not an easy thing to deal with.

Issues like this certainly put many of the things people worry about into perspective. It's inspiring to see those who meet their challenges face on and still live life to it's fullest. I sincerly hope Home will be here for the PS4. It's a wonderful place for many of us. 

Nice video Jersquall. 

Message 46 of 103 (218 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

Very poignant, indeed.

As much as I don't want to admit it, even I was moved by this story. I had no idea you were a quadriplegic, you carried yourself on the forums quite capably enough.

Thanks for the story and good luck, you have my respect.

My closer friends had known from a previous older thread and from hanging out in Home and from playing Battlefield with me. many knew the why but not the how. The story was just a small part of the journey and Home made it possible. I had the time on my plate to give back to the community. I like to think I have. Point being, There was no other platform of it's kind to allow me this journey. The community and friends met along the way have been why I have given back as I have. That is how a community thrives. Give, get.  

HomeStationMagazine
Message 47 of 103 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

May 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Oh, and if any awesome devs are out there thinking about the next awesome idea >.>

tank-wheelchair.jpg

It will be going in the June item request thread. we can talk accessories (missles, guns, tacks, tear gas) later Smiley Wink

That is AWESOME!  I'd love to have that!  To be quite honest, it wouldn't be that hard to build one.  Is that your new ride, Jers?  I'd be in the mud an all with that dirt digger.  Heck I bet you could climb to the top of the Rockies with that baby.  How is the suspension?

Bambi-01us
Message 48 of 103 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Home is a wonderful social platform and Jersquall's journey through it is very special. It just goes to show how many can overcome adversity and make life special for them in spite of it all. I don't pretend to know how difficult it must be but I have been exposed to chronic illness as a result of a loved one and it's certainly not an easy thing to deal with.

Issues like this certainly put many of the things people worry about into perspective. It's inspiring to see those who meet their challenges face on and still live life to it's fullest. I sincerly hope Home will be here for the PS4. It's a wonderful place for many of us. 

Nice video Jersquall. 

I know you have had lose on a large scale. I only know fragments from things posted in social media by you. Lose is hard to deal with. I will just say that about that.

I also know you have a passion for Home and not just because of fashion. You love it the same as I. It's your home away from Home. Have I mentioned I am glad we get a long now? Smiley Tongue Funny that the reason we didn't was because we each had such strong convictions on the betterment of Home.   It was only different views really. Smiley Wink

We know the drama, We have seen the good and bad in people and here we are. Funny thing this Home..  

HomeStationMagazine
Message 49 of 103 (181 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Oh, and if any awesome devs are out there thinking about the next awesome idea >.>

It will be going in the June item request thread. we can talk accessories (missles, guns, tacks, tear gas) later Smiley Wink

That is AWESOME!  I'd love to have that!  To be quite honest, it wouldn't be that hard to build one.  Is that your new ride, Jers?  I'd be in the mud an all with that dirt digger.  Heck I bet you could climb to the top of the Rockies with that baby.  How is the suspension?

IDK, Smiley Very Happy I googled Wheelchair Tank, grabbed the pic and fell in love! Smiley Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 50 of 103 (179 Views)
0 Likes