Survivor
2175 posts

Re: Mystic Arcade Bundle & Personalized Signs Video Review & Demo

May 25, 2013

Recorded a quick video showing off the space loaded with Arcades. I have more to place but not enough slots & space to place them.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 11 of 14 (247 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 25, 2013

FinderKeeper wrote:

Thanks for posting a video review. I was concerned that the space would be too dark based on the picture of it in the store, but it seems light enough that the movie posters I have should be clearly visible (they don't have backlighting so they depend on the light level in the space). I have 13 posters so that and the one that comes with the space should tide me over for now. And of course the theme of the space works well for the posters.

A post I read somewhere else said that there would be specific arcade games to buy for this space, but I don't know if that's something that comes later or if it was a suggestion. I think it was in the Y2David post about the space.

Also, are the shirt and trash can rewards for visitors as well?

Thanks again Smiley Wink

Hey, no problem! Arcade cabinets specific for this space would be really cool, but I haven't heard anything about it yet. As for the shirt and trash can - those aren't rewards, they are part of the Mystic Arcade bundle along with the movie poster and the space, itself.   Smiley Happy

~HB

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 12 of 14 (234 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 25, 2013
Nice, Titus! It's good to see that space filled up! Thanks for posting your vid in this thread. I like it when people share; not to mention, it helps people decide what to buy when they can see a product can be used in different ways. Kudos!

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 13 of 14 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
29 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

Thanks for the info homeboy!

As it turns out, only some of the space has sufficient lighting for the posters... generally the part with the neon light strips running horizontally (along the purple wall). So about half of the 14 spaces. Not great, but not horrible either (I've tried using the movie posters in darker spaces).

As it turns out the BBC active lights (which i got as part of the 9.99 TARDIS space) work great for illuminating the dark portions of the wall, and the posters located therein. Three of them at 8 slots each took care of almost the whole space. The only part of the space that's a real hassle to light is the one immediately to the right of you when you enter the space (and to the left of you when you're turned around facing the non-functional exit door).

I used the glowing neon-like "CINEMA" sign wall hanging from nDreams' Hollywood party pack in that spot (thanks to a friend for the idea) and it actually works well there. The BBC lights make it look like a movie stage or a movie premiere, but that kind of fits the space.

I'll try to get my pictures from the space posted up here in a day or two. Of the 13 posters I have, two are Schwarzenegger movies, so I put them near the marquee which says (at least until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning) "Arnie Goes Hunting". I haven't looked in Crackle for a while, there may be new posters available. I'll try to keep an eye on that--I'm guessing there's a thread somewhere here that mentions which ones are available at a given time? (Once the movie goes off Crackle, the poster disappears too)

I've only got four arcade machines, but I'll probably look for some more to fill the "wood-paneled" space. I bought the space for the posters, once I heard it had 14 wall hanging slots (just enough for my collection). I know, I'm a bit weird in that I bought the space more for the wall hanging space than for the arcade theme. Smiley Very Happy

On that note, does anyone know how many wall hanging spaces the Hollywood Hills space has? Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14 (198 Views)