Apr 08 2013
By: Renmus__ Lombax Warrior 86 posts

New Freeze?

66 replies 1118 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

so from what I've heard once again some one has magicked a way into home that let's them freeze servers. Last I had heard there was supposed to be ppl trying to do it with locomotion items, and from what some friends have said they got froze the other night and the old wardrobe trick didn't help them, any one having issues with this yet? I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I'm curious as to the rest of home

Message 1 of 67 (1,118 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: New Freeze?

Apr 8, 2013

I went to glade friday night and it froze.  someone behind me who I see on this forum said goodbye and then it froze.  Also I froze in eu last thursday at aurora.  A lobster avatar was running around bumping into everyone and then it froze.

Message 2 of 67 (1,111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 8, 2013

From what my friends said it was a close range freeze because a friend on the other side of the server wasn't affected, the last one sorta worked in a wave from where ever they opened there wardrobe.

Message 3 of 67 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I think you guys are just going crazy. Perhaps Conrad could enlighten us how he has never frozen and how people are simply freezing due to not clearing their caches periodically.

Message 4 of 67 (1,090 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Go spend some time at Godfathers and see how long you last. It didn't take long when I went there with an alternate and yes I've heard that being in wardrobe will not protect you. 

Message 5 of 67 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Something that used to work was going into the store and trying on a item, and as for being crazy lol I know for a fact it was around before, and as for the present, well that's why I'm asking the forums about it lol some servers get it more then others the AC lab, siren the cantena and of course godfather were the worst when it was popular, so I I mange that's where it would be now

Message 6 of 67 (1,075 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3114 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Renmus__ wrote:

Something that used to work was going into the store and trying on a item, and as for being crazy lol I know for a fact it was around before, and as for the present, well that's why I'm asking the forums about it lol some servers get it more then others the AC lab, siren the cantena and of course godfather were the worst when it was popular, so I I mange that's where it would be now

Sarcasm's not your strong suit, is it? Btw, (on subject)  freezers are losers with too much time on their hands.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 7 of 67 (1,058 Views)
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Lol I knew it was sarcasm, and I I mange that much is sorta obvious, I have found the block button works just as well for ppl you don't like

Message 8 of 67 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013
In all honesty, Home should be taken offline and not brought back, until this exploit is patched, no matter how temporary the fix.

Second, there is a disconnect between Sony and 3rd Party developers. Numerous times, Sony claims they are aware of this issue; however, the 3rd party developers, as I am now finding out from sources, are entirely in the dark about this. They call it "server instability."

Sony and 3rd Party developers should have been on the same page about this since the get-go, but they're not. They weren't in the past, and they aren't now.

3rd party developers create the content that causes freezing; Sony provides the servers the content being used to freeze. Sony has the means to put a halt to this. Shut down the servers and work with 3rd party devs on security and stability issues, instead of simply pumping new content out each week.

No. Instead, let's play the classic corporate blame game...

The issue should not have gone on as long as it did close to a year back. But it did. I fear nothing has changed. New content will come out each week, and Sony's lips will be zipped shut. User names will be blacklisted on the forums, so the forum toadies will be working overtime, making sure the forums are tidy, and nothing productive to get this fixed gets done for months.
Message 9 of 67 (737 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

If I'm not mistaken there are currently two outfits that can be used for this exploit. Someone shared the details of the method used to do the freeze with me which I've shared with moderation. It's possible others have been added to it but those costumes should be pulled from inventory immediately. 

I think the safety of the community and their PS3's is more important than being afraid to remove specific costumes from users wardrobes. A note indicating the reasons why should be publicly posted and they could simply say they will be returned once the issue has been patched. 

Message 10 of 67 (730 Views)