Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: New Home events

May 5, 2013
Super fine then Smiley Tongue

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 11 of 48 (149 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

May 5, 2013

PinkJulia wrote:
We recently seen a great number of new MVPs being selected, and there was a talk about organizing more events of all kind in Home.

Sadly, after few days things calmed down and i see the usual few nice people organizing things and updating the official threads, but not much talk about new events.

Maybe you could use this thread to throw some ideas, so that MVPs and all the users can think of something fun and new to schedule in Anamri thread.

For example, i would love themed events to chat about certain topics, ps3 games, anything. Or game events, where maybe 2 teams divided in groups could play for some little prizes

One needn't be an MVP to host an event. LittleTortuga has had some excellent contests and is in fact holding another tonight: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Event-Cinco-de-Mayo-Scavenger-Hunt/td-p/4028..., TC915 hosted a pool tournament which is still going on. I should lose my match later this evening: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Home-Billiard-Tournament-sign-ups-closed/td-.... These are just a couple that come right to mind, there have been quite a few others that just us regular Forum members (all 25% of us who weren't made MVPs Smiley Wink) put together for the community.

The past user organized forum contests/events have been alot of fun and has afforded the opportunity to meet some familiar folks who I've seen on the forum, but not in Home. I'm thankful to the members who have taken the time to do so for us.

Message 12 of 48 (147 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 5, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

I want to see more activities with rewards in the activity center

I don't know if tangible rewards will ever be a part of the MVP sponsored events although somethings are done with respect to recognition for winners of some contests. 

Here is one example of an event run by SweetPoisen who happens to be my Team Caption for Action Adventure.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/The-Last-of-Us-Signature-Contest-April...

Message 13 of 48 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 5, 2013

Lol, I didn't see this was all about MVP. Though, events just for them sound good

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 14 of 48 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 5, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

Lol, I didn't see this was all about MVP. Though, events just for them sound good

Many of the users who run events here on the board and offer prices with their own money are pretty special. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 48 (124 Views)
Wastelander
252 posts

May 5, 2013
Maybe the thread seemed polemic but it wasnt my intention, since english is not my first language i usually write with a schoolwork mind, and maybe the messages seems a bit cold.

Well, i cant wait to see the new events and i will try to organize some too
Message 16 of 48 (123 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 5, 2013
About time others pointed it out.
How the hell am i supposed to be entertained if the folk who are suppose to entertain us arent competent enough to do so..?
Again this program is for what now...?
Such Shame...
- Restless Dreams.
Message 17 of 48 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 5, 2013

Mya - Yea there have been a few, for like a month & a half there was like 1 per week. Aww I'm sure you'll make out just fine in your match tonite, everybody knows Mya is a shark ;^)

Jo - I'm sure there would plenty of users willing to donate prizes for MVP created events. Just like at Dev events they give out redeem codes, users could just gift home items thru Home methods or PSN card redeem codes. Too bad Home doesn't have a "gift any item" option, that feature would make tons of money I'm sure

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 48 (107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 5, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
About time others pointed it out.
How the hell am i supposed to be entertained if the folk who are suppose to entertain us arent competent enough to do so..?
Again this program is for what now...?
Such Shame...

Its not that we aren't competent enough, its just the new MVP program will take some time to make these events worth while, you don't want rushed events with lackluster prizes and generic themes, believe me we are brainstorming to bring events everyone can enjoy, not just the forum regulars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 48 (92 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

TC915 wrote:

Mya - Yea there have been a few, for like a month & a half there was like 1 per week. Aww I'm sure you'll make out just fine in your match tonite, everybody knows Mya is a shark ;^)

Jo - I'm sure there would plenty of users willing to donate prizes for MVP created events. Just like at Dev events they give out redeem codes, users could just gift home items thru Home methods or PSN card redeem codes. Too bad Home doesn't have a "gift any item" option, that feature would make tons of money I'm sure

You're too kind TC.

I think there's been some talk of a developer or 2 furnishing a prize (or prizes) for future events. It's really nice when people pay for them out of therir own pocket, but it can get expensive for them to do so. Some seem to think the prizes aren't necessary and I don't disagree with them. However, it seems as though the opportunity to win something does help make for a greater turnout. When an event awards a tangible, albeit virtual object, it just seems to lead to greater participation.

I had the lamest contest I have ever seen on this forum some months ago and the prize was puny (a Gift Machine item or items equal to or less in value of my 78 left over tokens) Extremely Lame Contest With Very Small Prize!.  I was astonished that the thread grew to over a dozen pages and had 20+ participants in one day's time. There's no need to be elaborate, as long as it's engaging and appeals to a wide audience.

Message 20 of 48 (87 Views)