Highlighted
Jul 18 2012
By: thundrman24 First Son 7 posts

No Mans Land, Scam?

30 replies 1328 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

I recently played this and thought to myself this is probally another way to pawn some poor sucker to buy an all exclusive pack of crap for 50 or $60 and to my suprise i was right, and ppl were actually buying them! i was just wonderin if anybody else saw throught this scheme or did you actually pay for "exclusive garbage"

Message 1 of 31 (1,328 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Re: No Mans Land, Scam?

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

If you take a few moments to use the Forum SEARCH function, you would quickly see that this topic has numerous discussions about No Man's Land and the bundles.

Like:

$50.00 for an outfit? Have you gone completely insane?

My Personal Review On HOME's Newest Apocalyptic Third Person Shooter, "NO MAN'S LAND"

[INFO] No Man's Land: Feedback and the Gold/Silver Bundle No Man's Land: Thoughts?

The Seach function is truly a wonderfull tool. I suggest you try it the next time you think you may be the first one to address a topic of  something you discover on Home.

No Man's Land has been out for a few weeks now. You're not the first one to notice the bundles and their prices...

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 2 of 31 (1,299 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Jul 18, 2012

There using this game as a market test. More people who buy this $49.99 bundle. The more they will do this kind of marketing. Keep your money in your wallets people. There are far more better multiplayer games out there for a hell of a lot less...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 3 of 31 (1,294 Views)
Wastelander
817 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

No kidding. I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a Home game. Especially with all the server problems they have.

Message 4 of 31 (1,282 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Biggest scam in Home to date. If you even want a remote chance of being on par with anyone else in that game you have to cough up some cash. The fact that Veemee set up their game this way violates a huge taboo in multiplayer gaming, and I haven't even mentioned that $50 abomination suit that makes you an unstoppable tank. Absolutely gamebreaking dog garbage. If companies like Activision and Naughty Dog were set up their multiplayer games like Call of Duty, Uncharted 3 this way people would flip their shi-...doodoo. 

I was a closed beta tester for No Man's Land. They had light, medium, and heavy armor to use for free during the beta. It was a blast. I assumed they were going to give these to us to use through a ranking system added once the final game came out, but nope. Money blinded Veemee and absolutely put their game to shame. I wouldn't recommend going back, what dog garbage.

Anyone who disagrees with me clearly isn't a gamer and knows nothing about multiplayer. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 31 (1,246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jul 18, 2012

This game is still the single biggest disappointment to me on Home. I was really psyched for this one, and talk about a huge letdown. There's just so many things wrong with this game that has been said elsewhere, but it honestly bears repeating. They hyped this one relentlessly beforehand, and beta tested it to what I thought was a thorough degree... only to either not listen or care about what I've read was a sizable consensus from the testers. And the bundle was the final insult. I was on first thing that morning, and hopped right into the space, ready to play. After two freezes and one lackluster playthrough, I then checked out the store, to find that overpriced monstrosity. And at first, it only listed one bundle! Even so, I have not been back to the space since.

starofkaos - One must have chaos within to give birth to a dancing star!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 31 (1,203 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Okay people, you've bashed NML endlessly. We get it. Maybe it's time to move on? You must be not too familiar with how the games in Japan Home operate if you think No Man's Land is the biggest money suck. Go visit there and see how the GAW fishing game operates. Or go buy Granzella's museum next week. Both of the above are massive time and money sucks that make NML seem benign. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in getting the museum myself, I'm just saying that NML gets bashed endlessly while Granzella seems to skip away mostly scot free due to its fanbase.

Speaking of time, if one value's their time at the minimum wage, then Lockwood's stupid egg smashing game, and Aurora orb running for example, are also very costly, incredibly boring games for meager rewards.

All I'm saying is, there's plenty of hate one can spread around Home's various games and companies, if one wants to.

Message 7 of 31 (1,192 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Okay people, you've bashed NML endlessly. We get it. Maybe it's time to move on? You must be not too familiar with how the games in Japan Home operate if you think No Man's Land is the biggest money suck. Go visit there and see how the GAW fishing game operates. Or go buy Granzella's museum next week. Both of the above are massive time and money sucks that make NML seem benign. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in getting the museum myself, I'm just saying that NML gets bashed endlessly while Granzella seems to skip away mostly scot free due to its fanbase.

Speaking of time, if one value's their time at the minimum wage, then Lockwood's stupid egg smashing game, and Aurora orb running for example, are also very costly, incredibly boring games for meager rewards.

And we'll continue to voice our opinions if we see something we don't like. We're customers right? Beta testers? (Smiley LOL) That's the job of a 'beta tester' is to give feedback. Its not all sugar and rainbows.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 8 of 31 (1,178 Views)
VP of Gaming
28372 posts

Jul 18, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

And we'll continue to voice our opinions if we don't see something we don't like. We're customers right? Beta testers? (Smiley LOL) That's the job of a 'beta tester' is to give feedback. Its not all sugar and rainbows.

My personal opinion: I like the game. I play it and have spent no more than twelve dollars on it, in spite of some tech issues (People are now Glitching in No Mans Land And Curre...).

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 31 (1,161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jul 18, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Biggest scam in Home to date. If you even want a remote chance of being on par with anyone else in that game you have to cough up some cash. The fact that Veemee set up their game this way violates a huge taboo in multiplayer gaming, and I haven't even mentioned that $50 abomination suit that makes you an unstoppable tank. Absolutely gamebreaking dog garbage. If companies like Activision and Naughty Dog were set up their multiplayer games like Call of Duty, Uncharted 3 this way people would flip their shi-...doodoo. 

I was a closed beta tester for No Man's Land. They had light, medium, and heavy armor to use for free during the beta. It was a blast. I assumed they were going to give these to us to use through a ranking system added once the final game came out, but nope. Money blinded Veemee and absolutely put their game to shame. I wouldn't recommend going back, what dog garbage.

Anyone who disagrees with me clearly isn't a gamer and knows nothing about multiplayer. 

clap.gif

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 31 (1,157 Views)