Full of scam's and stuff

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 11 of 31 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Re: No Mans Land, Scam?

Jul 18, 2012

If you get exactly what they say you are going to get, then it's not a scam. A scam requires some sort of deception. If companies choose to grossly overprice their product, it's their own fault if nobody buys it.

Message 12 of 31 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Give us your money first, then we will make a game.

Interested in playing unfinished checkers with guns and the win can be purchased for 50 dollars.

Message 13 of 31 (272 Views)
Survivor
2338 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I certainly don't plan on playing this if someone could easily drop $50 to be better than everyone else. That's ridiculous, where's the fun in that? You shouldn't have to buy anything at all unless it's in-game currency. If you do end up buying things with actual dollars, then maybe you do need the help in this game.Smiley Indifferent

I just think it's severly unbalanced and unbalanced =/= Fun.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 31 (249 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I was looking forward to this game, but I just don't want to blow $50 in one day. I am not an owner of a credit card, because in my current position, I can't afford one, but even if I had one, I would stick with just PSN cards. As long as nothing in the PS store catches my eye, such as some game DLC (LBP stuff is my biggest weakness.), I can make a $50 PSN card stretch for 2 and a half months. A $20 PSN card, I can stretch that, too. What I do is set a limit on my master account, that way I'm too **bleep** lazy to switch over to the master to change the limit for my sub. Then I make myself, unless it's a really good deal for some quality items, that I will only purchase things for 49 cents or 99 cents that I REALLY adore. Self control works wonders. However, there's lots of suckers out there, that will pay anything for something.

Anyway, when I tried NML, I couldn't really enjoy it enough. I didn't care for the feel of the controls or the angles you're given to shoot from. Some angles leave you too hidden from your enemy, that you yourself can't get them, unless you are REALLY good at finding just a tiny sliver of a part of their body. Until I played, I was fine with upgrades for the game, but after playing it for a while, it's not even worth buying any upgrades for. Then the price tag for the upgrade that really allows you to be tough in the game further turned me off.

To be honest, I believe this is the direction that Home is going to keep going. The prices are just going to keep rising and be passed off as so called "test prices". When really it's just a bunch of bull. But like I said, people will buy something for any price, which further bolsters the idea that prices need to keep going up. Then the rest of us get irritated and eventually jump ship, because it's just not worth it, anymore. Especially when Home still lacks features for us users and can't seem to straighten out the simplest of bugs for good. Not even a monthly or yearly fee for Home would help. That would just encourage the Sony train of bs to become longer than it already is.

That's my 2 cents, love it or hate it.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 15 of 31 (309 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Okay people, you've bashed NML endlessly. We get it. Maybe it's time to move on? You must be not too familiar with how the games in Japan Home operate if you think No Man's Land is the biggest money suck. Go visit there and see how the GAW fishing game operates. Or go buy Granzella's museum next week. Both of the above are massive time and money sucks that make NML seem benign. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in getting the museum myself, I'm just saying that NML gets bashed endlessly while Granzella seems to skip away mostly scot free due to its fanbase.

Speaking of time, if one value's their time at the minimum wage, then Lockwood's stupid egg smashing game, and Aurora orb running for example, are also very costly, incredibly boring games for meager rewards.

All I'm saying is, there's plenty of hate one can spread around Home's various games and companies, if one wants to.

I've spent a little money on the GAW fishing game.  You're right that it can become expensive incrementally.  Comparing it to NML, however, is not fair.  The fishing game has many cool rewards including clothing items, lovely lanterns, companions and a small personal space for redeeming game points.  If you like the rewards, then the fishing game prices are more palatable.  NML, as of yet, has no rewards at all.  The other point is that you can still catch creatures, accumulate points and earn rewards in the fishing game with the free bait, albeit at a much slower rate.  I can't see anyone being very competitive at NML without spending money.

The fossil game does sound like an expensive venture and I've not done much besides collecting the freebies.  I did buy the upgrade hideaway space, but only because I like the space itself.

I haven't spent any money at NML because I just think that the games sucks.  I probably wouldn't play it for free.  Same reason I gave up on stomping Lockwood eggs after a few days.  Way too boring and time-consuming.

That said, I don't think that NML is necessarily a scam.  You know what your money is buying and it's your choice to spend it.  I just choose to spend mine elsewhere.

castle3
Message 16 of 31 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

The free bait in the GAW fishing space has mostly given me 1 point per catch the last two nights. Most of the decent furniture items like the katanas cost 1000. So at about 10 pts per night (averaging out the nights I don't have time to visit), that will take me 1/3rd of a year to get ONE item for free. Rather absurd. I do like that GAW gave us the cheap free apartment. But the rest of the game is only playable if you spend $. And that's the key "game". I hesitate to call it that. More like work. Virtual fishing is very, very boring. NML gives you a dynamic multiplayer experience that's actually fun to play compared to most tedious Home grind games. Therein lies a major difference.

If NML had a levelling system with rewards, very few would be complaining here. Especially if a high level reward was a bikini. Laugh, but you know it's true.

Message 17 of 31 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I have never and will never play NML.

I do not support VeeMee at all.

Anything i bought from Veemee previously now resides in permanent storage.

3 copy/paste beach spaces, a 50$ bundle ... kinda shows just how out of touch VeeMee is.

Message 18 of 31 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

The free bait in the GAW fishing space has mostly given me 1 point per catch the last two nights. Most of the decent furniture items like the katanas cost 1000. So at about 10 pts per night (averaging out the nights I don't have time to visit), that will take me 1/3rd of a year to get ONE item for free. Rather absurd. I do like that GAW gave us the cheap free apartment. But the rest of the game is only playable if you spend $. And that's the key "game". I hesitate to call it that. More like work. Virtual fishing is very, very boring. NML gives you a dynamic multiplayer experience that's actually fun to play compared to most tedious Home grind games. Therein lies a major difference.

If NML had a levelling system with rewards, very few would be complaining here. Especially if a high level reward was a bikini. Laugh, but you know it's true.

With my upgraded rod, I can usually catch a couple creatures with a round of 10 free bait items.  You're right, though.  It would take a long time to earn the rewards without spending anything.  I've spent about 1200 yen on the game, maybe a little more.  And that is a lot for me to spend on anything in Home.  For that investment, I have the personal space, 5 or 6 nice lights/lanterns, yellow room divider, 2 fishing stools, bamboo bench, big umbrella, earring that improves your game performance, few random ornaments and maybe more.  I'm not really into the outfits or companions.  All in all, I feel that it was worth the money.

I don't mind the fishing itself.  It' is pretty repetitive but relaxing and not a bad time waster.  I suppose there is a micro-rush of adrenaline when you pull up a rare or mighty catch.  I found NML to be more annoying as an activity.  That one just comes down to personal preference.

You're also right about NML's lack of a leveling system and rewards.  People on Home will consistently play ridiculous games and sometimes spend ridiculous amounts of money to win rewards of sometimes dubious quality.  How Veemee overlooked this fact and released NML without any real objectives or rewards is mind-boggling.  Sure, they can always add rewards at a later date but will people still care?  Home moves quickly and people can have short attention spans.  Despite being touted as a blockbuster release, NML might find itself buried in the heap of forgotten mini-games before Veemee attempts to salvage it.

castle3
Message 19 of 31 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Can anyone confirm that NML has absolutely no rewards?

Message 20 of 31 (227 Views)
0 Likes