First Son
6 posts

Re: (OPINIONS) How long do you think PS Home has left?

Mar 13, 2013

I love home as much as anybody else and I've spent tons of cash here... But even real life has an expiration date!  So stop worrying about the things you cannot control and enjoy home while it still exists.  The future belongs to no one.  PSH will probably outlive 5% of it's users.

Message 71 of 118 (286 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

It's all speculation so far but speculation that I believe should be discussed so SONY know users are concerned as to Home's future. Or not conserned is that's the case with some. 

Exactly.  If someone cares about Home and the future of Home then instead of pretending all is well, they need to speak up.  Otherwise they are just supporting the notion that they don't care about all the problems with Home and don't care if Home has a future - and thus their silence and their attempts to silence those that do voice their concerns are just giving Sony even more of an excuse not to fix or keep Home around.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem and remaining silent or worse, trying to silent others with legitimate concerns is not a solution.  As such I would invite anyone to check post history and see for yourself who has been offering constructive criticism and sharing ideas on how Home and our experience with it could be improved and who isn't.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 72 of 118 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

It's all speculation so far but speculation that I believe should be discussed so SONY know users are concerned as to Home's future. Or not conserned is that's the case with some. 

Exactly.  If someone cares about Home and the future of Home then instead of pretending all is well, they need to speak up.  Otherwise they are just supporting the notion that they don't care about all the problems with Home and don't care if Home has a future - and thus their silence and their attempts to silence those that do voice their concerns are just giving Sony even more of an excuse not to fix or keep Home around.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem and remaining silent or worse, trying to silent others with legitimate concerns is not a solution.  As such I would invite anyone to check post history and see for yourself who has been offering constructive criticism and sharing ideas on how Home and our experience with it could be improved and who isn't.

I haven't seen anyone here try to silence anyone.

I've just recently became more active on the Home forum but I can bet all the concerns are brought to Sonys attention. Has anyone tried contacting Glasswalls to get more insight on Homes future?

Message 73 of 118 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Seems like alot of people are convinced Home is almost at its end. I dont think it is, It seems like free money for sony to me. I mean if you really think about it, Home isnt very complex at all. Home is cool, its a unique experience in gaming and its fun, but again It's not complex at all.

You have a chat bar, thats easy to do. You have high resolution Playstation2 graphics, that cant be too tough by todays standards, although I dont know anything about that so it is just a guess really. You have a bunch of developers that you never heard of before outside of Home, so they are probably cheap to work with for sony. You have like 65-80 public spaces or something like that, 85% of which came out a long time ago and rarely to never get updated. People are paying alot of money to listen to Music on RadioIO, which is free on the stations provided anyhow. People are paying alot of money to watch Crackle in Home, Which again is a free application. Even though both of those things can be done for Free in Home already.

All In all it seems like, even with a disgruntled community, its still free money coming in anyway. No matter how many people get mad and leave Home, there will still be alot of people new to Home. When PS3 gets cheap enough to the point where it is affordable to almost anyone who is employed and wants one, another large increase in Home users will come. The forum will eventually become filled with those users.

Think of how little it must cost Sony to release a $5.00 item, and then think of how many people are buying it. Think of how many people are buying it multiple times on their alternate Home accounts. Its like I said, Free money all day. People wonder why there is such a lack of communication from the people who handle the technical support issues when Home unexpectedly crashes, Its because the Home team is tiny in comparison to what it would need to be to be held accountable all the time. Thats why the beta title is slapped on there. Even with the consistant server crashing, I think Home could be considered functional enough to be out of the beta phase officially. I know other game companies that have released Real PS3 games that have way worse servers and functionality then home, Try Fight Night Champion some time. 

I think the real reason that your seeing Home dying off right at the moment, is because they jakked up the prices on everything and the server crashing became rampant so people got really frustrated. Then the auto storage on the new update was kind of the last straw for a little bit. Home is the type of game that wont end until there is absolutly no money left to be made, and right now that is nowhere near the case, even with a recent decline in the community.

As for Home being on PS4, I dont see why it wouldnt be. I dont think the purchased items will carry over or anything like that though, I think this will be a 2 different Home's running on 2 different consoles situation. When the PS3 Home becomes entirely unprofitable they will close the doors on it, same with PS4. PS4 Home will probably have significantly better graphics, but nothing entirely mind blowing. It will probably be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back at the same time. We'll go back to having very limited choices in public and personal spaces and what not, but the locomotion and better graphics and all that good stuff will be there too. This is all just my opinion based on what ive seen on Home & my experience in it, I dont have any finanical numbers or anything to back it up.

Message 74 of 118 (240 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Mar 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

but people who actually care about Home have been speaking up for years, and just look at whats resulted from it.

Message 75 of 118 (230 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Playstation Home will be around till the end of time.

Imagine Star Trek Hollow Deck.. That will be Playstation Home in the future.! Nasa already uses and loves SONY technology.!

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 76 of 118 (214 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 13, 2013

02/20/2013 PlayStation Event> x^n + y^n = z^n playstation Home( x^2) dx ~Ax >= b-^4Infinity&beyond= We are still here.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 77 of 118 (204 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Home will probably live long if the staff and SONY decide to keep up with it, and maybe porting it isn't the best idea. If they allow it to be used on both the PS3 (Like now) and the PS4 that will probably boost its life by many more years, but if they do port it, keeping it original might be the best way to go.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 78 of 118 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Mar 13, 2013

A detached PS experience, a Second Life or at least closer to it than what it was originally intended to be. It's a fun experience for only so long to the average gamer, for virtual world fans obviously it is bigger than that. Sony will wonder if they need this irrelevant side dish...or not...

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 79 of 118 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Mar 13, 2013

:^/ Given that one of the biggest emphasises on their announcement for the PS4 was for its social aspects -built-in support for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.- it'd be silly for Sony to drop Home and its existing userbase.

Mind you, the PS4 offering my differ form the current Home somewhat, but I suspect that the basic idea will carry over. It'd also be cool, but not a given, if all or most of our accumulated crap carried over, too.  But maybe that's asking too much of it.

Message 80 of 118 (171 Views)
0 Likes