Fender Bender
2279 posts

Re: Ok now thats unfair. :(

Jan 28, 2011

Thats not true and I'll just leave it at that. It really doesnt matter.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 101 of 149 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Listen up guys. Its school time and class is in session. I was at plaza today and at Seaside of memories. I saw plenty of guides with the jetpack KZ gear. I talked to one of them who are the son of my friend on Home. He told me that he got it and it’s not fun time for him no way. Its work and nothing but work guys.

He was surprised that he had to go out In-Home and show it off and answer a lot of difficult questions about the outfit. I saw the female version and the male version of it. He showed me how they fly and how it walks. He was not gloating and he was not being a kid who was just being there for the fun of it. He was answering questions for the ones who wanted to know. I saw one in plaza earlier today and he was asked a lot of questions that he had to answer. So it’s not just fun and games people.

Somebody has to strap on the gear and walk around different spaces In-home to let people see what it looks like. So I don’t see it as being unfair guys. Imagine going to the car sales show room. Someone has to work there and someone has to answer the customer’s questions. It’s how products are sold guys. They can’t just show a picture of a product and expect it to be sold. So before you get mad or angry or jealous or whatever.

Then just think about this for a quick second. Because they are out there working every day now guys. My friend hasn’t had time to play the plaza KZ game yet due to his work schedule. He told me that he has tried to play the game during his free spare time. Let me rephrase that everyone. In his free spare time. Its work guys and someone has to do it. If you wanted that outfit and you wanted it to be fair. Well then you should have become a guide and work for it. They work to show it off and answer questions. So there for they might just get to keep the gear in the end. Its work guys…Nothing else but good ole fashioned work.

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 102 of 149 (48 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Elway, you're seriously not going to buy a game because the preorder exclusive isn't exclusive enough for you? Seriously?

The only reason I'm picking on you personally is because you're the one who said that, by the way, and please correct me if I'm reading your post wrong, but that's what I'm getting out of it.

If you spend $500 on a game to get an exclusive item, then it shows up everywhere for free, I can see you being upset about that. If you pay retail and get a bonus that everyone else who pays retail to get, and the company decides to throw a few out for promotional purposes, what's the harm?

Also, what flavor of toothpaste are you using these days?

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 103 of 149 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3310 posts

Jan 28, 2011

GlassWalls wrote:

Sigh...

Since I once again have to spell it out for you all that complain about HCV involvement being "not fair," etc (as I have a few times before, and this occasional sort of HCV involvement is not going to stop, so please accept that fact and knock it off), the HCVs are taking part IN the Helghast invasion in several ways. We don't need to justify it to any of you, but I will. Here's a list a few of reasons they're sporting the jetpack outfit early just in case you haven't thought that far:

1) They're helping rally people and build excitement around the invasion. This is a WAR and it requires the community to come and work together. I mean, have you seen what's left of Saucer Pop?

2) They're offering playing tips to those who may not "get" the game, may need some technique pointers, or just offering them some support via assisting.

3) They're showing off the awesome promotional item in yet another service to the people who may choose to pre-order KZ3 through Home. Wouldn't you rather have an up-close look at what the promotional item is rather than just hope based on a tiny little graphic which may or may not even be final art? I would!

This is the final time I will spell this out to everyone is—sometimes to take part IN an event requires the HCVs having a particular item. Whether it's giving tours, raising awareness/excitement/cheerleading of something to further build the community—whatever the involvement requires—they occasionally get an item to help with the event. Sorry guys and gals, this is not a topic we're willing to take seriously any further. They're helping build and foster community, and I am personally very thankful for them.

I hate having to bring a tone like this to the forums, as most of you know me to be much more lightheated, fun and outgoing, but I'm not willing to hear this sort of petty complaint anymore, especially when it sometimes bashes the kind efforts of or the HCVs directly who are here for you. Some of you who have been complaining about this today (in this thread and others) surprise and disappoint me. Please think before you type.

—GlassWalls

Actually Glass :\ you are a great friend of mine and i look up to you as a role model but it is not fare at all at least make them pay for it. If i remember right the HCV section was created to help out others and it states in the form that it is a none profit orginization which means they get nothing in return. Well what would you call a $15 mansion and a pre order? I think if they don't pay for it they should have it taken away after the events or shows are over with till they do. Many people spend a boat load of money on home and what do we get? we get items that do not show up and nothing else. Where are our free items and im not referring to shirts or free hats. I want a free house or maybe a little compinsation for spending money. No wonder every single person wants to be an HCV anymore its free item heaven. I bust my bubble that this is happening and the sony staff are just enjoying the view. The stats of home are dropping from this stuff and people are seeing it as a bad remark. It just not fare no matter what the guidelines are about it and what they will be doing. I stopped buying stuff due to the fact that im getting cheated out of stuff and i see people not even paying for items (HCV's). This is just a shame that home has reverted to this :\. I remember the old days when HCV's did not get anything and L_S even confirmed that the HCV's will never get any free items except the shirt which is now the Logo above their head. I have seen HCV's act like they are higher up then any other member. I think some new rules need to be set into place. I have been around since late CB and this is the worst I have every seen home in I just hope things change :\ I have had friends leave home and even psn all together from the stuff that is happening. Most of who is in home now are either new people who are very pervy or people who walk around harassing others. Things that are happing are driving the old users away the ones who loved to get on home and feel welcomed by sony. Now we just feel like we are being treated like crud thrown on a curbside. Im sorry to have to say this but its just how i feel and i felt like putting my opinion on here for others to read even if this may get flamed or spammed or deleted. I am just tired of getting treated wrong on home anymore as are many other home users new and old.

Message 104 of 149 (48 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Elway358 wrote:

- stuff -

The number of HCVs is minuscule compared to the population of Home users, let alone PS3 gamers. Yet you’re acting as if an HCV being given a free item to exhibit to others is the same as handing out jetpacks in the center of Central  Plaza. Exclusive this, exclusive that, your entire argument seems to be that you wanted to be seen as superior to everyone else because you had a virtual item that they didn’t have. This reminds me of the person who suggested that only “die-hard” gamers should be eligible to receive a pre-order bonus. So yes, it is all about jealousy and elitism. The only problem is that you wanted to be seen as “elite”:and you wanted other people to be jealous of you, but seeing an HCV in CP with a jetpack turns the situation completely around doesn’t it?

And you’re telling other people to “grow up?”

Do you really think the HCVs are the only ones who have received this item for free and in advance? You don’t think the game devs have the item? Perhaps selected members of the media? If you think that’s cause to cancel a game order, are you really a gamer, or are you a collector of virtual pixels?

I would wager a guess that the same people losing sleep over someone else receiving virtual pixels have probably applied to be an HCV because they want to be seen as elite and want others to be jealous of them. I don't know how else to explain the unbelievable eagerness that forummers seem to demonstrate for a volunteer program. This is why in the past I've suggested that HCVs should be given anonymous accounts to use while working as HCVs similar to the anonymous accounts used by mods. This would eliminate the name recognition, the problem of having those on their friends lists being given inside access to events, the problem of jealousy over their having received virtual pixels to better help them carry out their volunteer work, etc. I would wager however, that if this were done, the number of forummers applying to become an HCV would dramatically decrease.

I don't want to see the HCV program eliminated, because there is a need for it. There are those who say that using Home isn't rocket science. Well, that may be true, but there is a lot to learn, and having a helpful person available right in PS Home can certainly make things easier for first-time or new users. Keara recently spent some time answering questions in Home for newcomers as a test, and can testify to the amount of people who approached her and showed gratitude for her efforts. Through the HCV program we had the opportunity to walk through the Mansion before it was officially released to help us make a purchase decision. We also now have the opportunity to actually view a jetpack in Home and see how it works to help us decide if we'd like to pre-order Killzone 3. I happen to think these are worthwhile services, and I'd be upset if something as base as the petty human jealousy on display in this thread was the cause of the HCV program being eliminated.

Message 105 of 149 (48 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jan 28, 2011

damn editing my original post screwed up the fomatting baaad... trying again...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tired or not i agree with your statements f1refly - home is whatever it  wants to be and whatever the HCM want it to be - whether these people  are compensated or not for volunteer work. home will continue this trend  so it doesnt matter what me you or jack-joe-billy-bob think or say  about it   

complain all we want will get nowhere as it was dejavu in  the mansion thread posted by magnus a while back, the HCMs are making  the HCV program a joke and creating an "elite members only" group in  home, whether they admit it or not.    

HERES AN IDEA.. how about you  guys actually LEARN how to advertise properly in home, update the  message of the day with some decent well thought out information that  any jack can understand and you can eliminate these and future issues  that the HCVs are taking the butt end of the deal for.   

for some  reason i highly doubt that the hcv's stick to one and only one id - i  know i have several - so if they wanted, they could in essence log off  their "hcv" id and use one to do whatever else their hearts desire -  playing the minigame for instance...   

the biggest gripe that i  personally have in this whole mess (drum roll) is GlassWalls himself and  his krap attitude hes flowing through his posts - i still believe that  he is in desperate need to learn some psychology and how to deal with  his customers (whether we pay for home stuff or not) because as your  words come out, they are becoming more defensive (as someone mentioned)  as well as down right rude to YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! because we dont agree  with the tactics that means we are all wrong?    

if that is the case,  abolish this forum because it is pointless as well as absurd that a HCM  talks down to its users   

and the statement to not have to justify to  anyone? LOL, then why even post on the forums? your not solving any  problems - your just pissing people off more - AND YOUR RIPPING APART  THE "COMMUNITY" AS A WHOLE!!! this isnt helping in my POV (not that my  thoughts matter here)   

as for not taking these posts seriously anymore  - i doubt that it was ever taken seriously in the first place... ignore  this post if you want, but home has made a turn for the worse mainly  because of poor direction from the people in charge   

forum moderators,  feel free to delete this if you deem necessary - ive said my peace   

to all... face facts, nothing is going to change - we are all wasting  time complaining

Message 106 of 149 (48 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Message 107 of 149 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1374 posts

Jan 28, 2011

You're almost exactly right and I  have no problem saying so. I said that I cancelled my preorder for this game which i in fact did. I may still end up buying this game but it will not be because of the extra benefit of an "exclusive" outfit any longer.  

I play games for the games, not ever just for an item. However, being offered the chance at an exclusive item to preorder the game was a bonus to justify my purchase of a game "site unseen." Knowing that the item will in fact not be exclusive to those that preorder the game takes away any incentive for me to blindly purchase the game.   

I'm not insanely obsessed with Home items like some but as a gamer and someone who does enjoy certain aspects of Home, I do try to get anything that i know for certain will be limited or exclusive. Not for bragging purposes, just for the collectibility of it. Truth be told, I probably would have very seldom worn the outfit but it was at least some incentive to preorder on the premise I was also gaining something with some exclusivity to it.   

But yeah, i'm not going on blind faith and marketing to buy a game I'm already uncertain of with no incentive what so ever. Sure I may be getting another outfit, but there's absolutely nothing special about the outfit without it being exclusive to only those that preordered and guaranteed their purchase. It may be a cool looking outfit, but there are plenty of those in home and that I own that I already don't wear. That is why I cancelled my pre-order. Because in my opinion, you no longer get an "exclusive" outfit with that pre-order.

HearItWow wrote:

Elway, you're seriously not going to buy a game because the preorder exclusive isn't exclusive enough for you? Seriously?

The only reason I'm picking on you personally is because you're the one who said that, by the way, and please correct me if I'm reading your post wrong, but that's what I'm getting out of it.

If you spend $500 on a game to get an exclusive item, then it shows up everywhere for free, I can see you being upset about that. If you pay retail and get a bonus that everyone else who pays retail to get, and the company decides to throw a few out for promotional purposes, what's the harm?

Also, what flavor of toothpaste are you using these days?

Message 108 of 149 (48 Views)
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Wow, So many users have all these ideas as to how the program should be ran. The Home team has the say in that and no one else. We will still be here helping, Still be helping in Home. When I leave the HCVs and they get stuff that the Home team wants to to give them for whatever reason then I will be happy for them. Nothing I can do about it and it's not for me to tell them what to do.   So after all this discussion Nothing has changed. Everything is exactley the same. I guess it's good everyone got it out of their system. But nothing anyone says will change what SONY wants in regards to the HCVs.

''This occasional sort of HCV involvement is not going to stop, so please accept that fact and knock it off'' - GlassWalls

Anyone have a tube of LockTight?

My last post for this thread.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 109 of 149 (48 Views)
Survivor
2604 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Jersquall wrote:

Wow, So many users have all these ideas as to how the program should be ran. The Home team has the say in that and no one else. We will still be here helping, Still be helping in Home. When I leave the HCVs and they get stuff that the Home team wants to to give them for whatever reason then I will be happy for them. Nothing I can do about it and it's not for me to tell them what to do.   So after all this discussion Nothing has changed. Everything is exactley the same. I guess it's good everyone got it out of their system. But nothing anyone says will change what SONY wants in regards to the HCVs.

''This occasional sort of HCV involvement is not going to stop, so please accept that fact and knock it off'' - GlassWalls

Anyone have a tube of LockTight?

My last post for this thread.

HOMEinformer

At least you can be selfless and say no.  If I give you a surprise present that boxed in with turd and you didn't know about it would you still say yes to it?

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 110 of 149 (48 Views)
0 Likes