Wastelander
657 posts

Re: Ok now thats unfair. :(

Jan 29, 2011

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well I was getting ready to post this in another thread in response to a question about the outfit but it was just locked so I'll post it here. I'm not familiar enough with Killzone to know the difference with the outfits but it does sound like a jetpack edition of the costume will be made available for sale apart from the promotion.

This was from answers on the Playstation Blog Home Update.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/232/screenshot20110128at112.png

There are two versions of KZ3 you can pre order. Normal edition and the Helghast edition. He's simply saying that they both offer the Jetpack costume as a free bonus so which ever edition you choose you still get the costume.

Message 141 of 149 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Jan 29, 2011

XxadrammelechXx wrote:

ppl can speak there minds and feelings rival, wether bad or good.

Yes and I spoke mine.

and as u can see alot dissagree on this like myself. the reasons glasswalls gave we so funny i laughed. he took 5 minutes to come up with the reasons,anyone can see that. its a simple fact of whats right and whats wrong

People often disagree about what's right and wrong. Whole wars have been fought over it.

and this is kinda wrong to me.how does this jetpack help a guide help aanother player with "tips and tricks" for playing the game itself. and the other reason was so ppl can see it up close, well if i pan my cam ever .2 feet in the plaza, im sure i can see the jetpack in HD and also 2x on the blog in a video. b4 when the kz2 preorders came out there were DEVs and staff that woulds model the suits and costumes. thats the way i think it should be. i understand the mansion fully because ppl can choose if they wanna buy the home or not, same goes with this but the only way 2 get this item is by PREORDERING THE GAME FROM AMAZON WITHIN HOME. now ppl r going 2 get the idea that if u become a guide u get free goodies

The Mansion wasn't a free goodie? What's the difference?

idk ppl this was a BIG mistake as many of u can see now. and as Glitchy said if walls was to hand me a code i would give it right back 2 him just  prove my point on whats right and wrong. this is a bad way 2 set an exsample for future guides. if u guys dont see it in the light that we see it then things are never going to change around here.

I think Glass already made it pretty clear that the policy wasn't going to change.

1 thing they should have had if anything is the costume to goto rentails till the event is over. idk the guide rules like 2 be changed w.e glasswallls likes 2 change them. BELIEVE ME i know this.wonder whats gonna happen from me speaking my mind based on what i know on this ? guess ill see

I'm gonna guess nothing.

Message 142 of 149 (44 Views)
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 29, 2011

ForeverRival wrote:

XxadrammelechXx wrote:

ppl can speak there minds and feelings rival, wether bad or good.

Yes and I spoke mine.

and as u can see alot dissagree on this like myself. the reasons glasswalls gave we so funny i laughed. he took 5 minutes to come up with the reasons,anyone can see that. its a simple fact of whats right and whats wrong

People often disagree about what's right and wrong. Whole wars have been fought over it.

and this is kinda wrong to me.how does this jetpack help a guide help aanother player with "tips and tricks" for playing the game itself. and the other reason was so ppl can see it up close, well if i pan my cam ever .2 feet in the plaza, im sure i can see the jetpack in HD and also 2x on the blog in a video. b4 when the kz2 preorders came out there were DEVs and staff that woulds model the suits and costumes. thats the way i think it should be. i understand the mansion fully because ppl can choose if they wanna buy the home or not, same goes with this but the only way 2 get this item is by PREORDERING THE GAME FROM AMAZON WITHIN HOME. now ppl r going 2 get the idea that if u become a guide u get free goodies

The Mansion wasn't a free goodie? What's the difference?

idk ppl this was a BIG mistake as many of u can see now. and as Glitchy said if walls was to hand me a code i would give it right back 2 him just  prove my point on whats right and wrong. this is a bad way 2 set an exsample for future guides. if u guys dont see it in the light that we see it then things are never going to change around here.

I think Glass already made it pretty clear that the policy wasn't going to change.

1 thing they should have had if anything is the costume to goto rentails till the event is over. idk the guide rules like 2 be changed w.e glasswallls likes 2 change them. BELIEVE ME i know this.wonder whats gonna happen from me speaking my mind based on what i know on this ? guess ill see

I'm gonna guess nothing.

This is over and done with, stop being a smart ass. Picking apart someones opinion is uncalled for, now you're just being rude.

Message 143 of 149 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Oh, my such a big hassle. I'm more surprised that everyone seems either surprised by this turn of events on both ends involving this "pixel" outfit. It's an outfit made up of pixels, and polygons. It won't get you anywhere in life. Dwelling over something like this is childish, and petty. I "suppose" it's a moot point though. Because, the "reality" of the situation is that HOME is what you make of it. Meaning if you wish to bicker of the situation it is your right to do so, and willingly. Just figured that HOME offered more then pretty outfits. I guess that is just my opinion too though. My point is though this sort of thing has happened before, and calling it whatever you wish will not change the fact that this sort of thing will happen again.

I obviously did not read through all ten pages. If I wanted a novel I'd go, read one off of one of my bookshelves. However, I get the gist of this issue. It's nothing new. So, it's "free" to the HCV's. Oh, well. While some of you enjoy floating aimlessly around HOME wearing it, and/or blowing up this situation further over the forums. I'm sure come feburary twenty second. I'll be blasting away fools on KILLZOWNED3. Slicing, dicing, and pushing Helghan onward to victory.

- Game > HOME Pre-Order Outfit -

Anyway. SONY is becoming infamous with dividing it's community. This should never be such a surprise to anyone. People divided themselves instantly when the "Plus" service came out, and you can still catch some of those elitist scrubs walking around here, and there (looking somehow smug?) It will happen in life, in gaming, and on HOME, and within PSN. I cannot wait to see how far some people take it with "Rewards". It's been fun watching people complain about trophies, plus, and when it arrives rewards.

People never change. It's a learned trait that is inherited by every beings will to be somehow "better" then the person next to them. Thats life. Anyway. I'm rambling clearly, and getting far too ahead of myself for the current situation at hand. Just don't blow it out of proportion. It's not a big deal.

Besides. Some HCV's have been some of the best community members around in times past here. They'd give away codes they themselves obtained to other people, or friends of real life. Unconditionally. They will gladly give you advice, and help you out, and even if it is volunteer work doesn't mean getting a gift here, or there will be a bad thing. Even "if" it is caculated advertisement. Though... Weak advertisement on SONY's part. Really weak. Couldn't afford a month, or two.. Even three of air time to get more sales? Microsoft needs to give lessons to SONY on how to advertise. Clearly Nintendo, and Microsoft are doing "something" right. If underhanded at times. (>.>)

Photobucket
Message 144 of 149 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
621 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Blazeking wrote:

My input on the whole matter:

Don't use the HCV's to preview items, use Home itself to do that. Make certain upcoming items use a rental system and after that they must purchase it. Or, make the token system universal in Home; like rewarding Home Tokens for every mini-game you play, video you watch, and item you buy. Use the Home Tokens to "buy" those exclusive items if they won't be put in the mall for sale.

Blaze:

While your first idea is better than "no preview at all" ... I'm not sure I like the idea of paying ANYTHING to preview a Home item. Imagine going to a store and having to pay to try on a piece of clothing -- or just to view a sofa at a furniture store.

About the "Home Tokens" idea: seriously it sounds a lot like the upcoming Playstation Rewards (FYI you DO get exclusive Home items when you reach certain tiers).

While I like your idea of exclusive items being available as reward items ... if the current Rewards beta is any indication, it would take far too much time on the users' part to get one item. As Rewards Beta stands NOW ... it takes WEEKS just to change Rewards Tiers.

Message 145 of 149 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 29, 2011

CommaderKoopa wrote:

...the elite top tier social class that gets whatever they want...

And all the wores and politicians will cry out to me for help, and ill whisper. No.

That's pretty funny.

castle3
Message 146 of 149 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 29, 2011

GenOneilSGC wrote:

And for those who say they are just volunteers, The IRS tax code clearly defines anyone who is required to do any work to remain on a team and who receives any compensation is not a volunteer.

My name is Gen and right or wrong I approved this message!!

That's a pretty good one too. This thread is outta control.

castle3
Message 147 of 149 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Wow.    I just got to spend some time with Jersquall and Sophronia in Central Plaza.  The Killzone costume looks waaaay better on an actual avatar than on a billboard and they did an awesome job showing them off.  The two of them modeling the costumes really makes me want to buy the game and I don't even like Killzone!!!    I think it's great that they're able to show others the costumes cause I had a blast.  They were very helpful to everyone and I most definitely have no problems with the HCV's having the costumes.  Now I have a hard decision to make.....to pre-order or not to pre-order?? 

psplus.png

Photobucket
Message 148 of 149 (44 Views)
PlayStation Support
1175 posts

Jan 29, 2011

This is clearly a subject that many of you feel very strongly about, so I must say thanks to those of you who managed to explain your position calmly and clearly. Unfortunately, this subject also brings up a lot of negativity and borders on flaming in some parts. There have been some good points made by both sides, but the fact remains that the promotion has been set up a certain way and that will not change.

As GlassWalls explained earlier in the thread, the HCVs have received the items early to help promote the KZ3 preorder event, to be more visible to user needing tips for the minigame, and to give everyone a chance to get an upclose view of the item you can get by preordering. If you haven't already, please read the full response from GlassWalls here (posts #30 and #35).

Thanks for your understanding. Locking this thread.

PlayStation Moderation and Support
Message 149 of 149 (44 Views)