Jun 20 2013
By: Sweet2525 Last Guardian 9166 posts

Open letter to sony and mods here

24 replies 554 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

Image20100302134330256.jpgI think its time for sony to let us all know if home is going to go on when the new ps comes out. Its not fair to lets us continue to buy items only to pull the plug soon. I am not to happy the way information is being given at this point. I feel they know and are not saying so home wont die to quick till they want it to. I am not going to buy the new ps 4 if they cut home and make me loose my investment I made. How do you all feel about this my home pals..chime in and let them know

Message 1 of 25 (554 Views)
Wastelander
852 posts

Re: Open letter to sony and mods here

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I think they should let Home continue to stay on the PS3. It looks like a lot of people are satisfied with this Social Gaming Platform. I see no reason for them to cut it unless budget problems or the amount of people on Home drastically decreased to a point where they would have to shut it down.  However, I don't think they should have Home on the PS4.

Message 2 of 25 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Well, they are continuing PS3 support, so your precious retreat from reality will still be intact for at least a few more years.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 25 (526 Views)
Survivor
2547 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ArvindraHerod12 wrote:

I think they should let Home continue to stay on the PS3. It looks like a lot of people are satisfied with this Social Gaming Platform. I see no reason for them to cut it unless budget problems or the amount of people on Home drastically decreased to a point where they would have to shut it down.  However, I don't think they should have Home on the PS4.

Why not at least just port it?

@OP

Did you mean to post this in this section and not the HOME boards?

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 4 of 25 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Well, they are continuing PS3 support, so your precious retreat from reality will still be intact for at least a few more years.

Dang, so cold. Now it's not summer here.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 25 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:

Image20100302134330256.jpgI think its time for sony to let us all know if home is going to go on when the new ps comes out. Its not fair to lets us continue to buy items only to pull the plug soon. I am not to happy the way information is being given at this point. I feel they know and are not saying so home wont die to quick till they want it to. I am not going to buy the new ps 4 if they cut home and make me loose my investment I made. How do you all feel about this my home pals..chime in and let them know

Hi Sweet.  Totally agree.  Smiley Happy  Dean    

Posted Image
Message 6 of 25 (438 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

Jun 20, 2013

If I had a Nickel...

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 7 of 25 (419 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jun 20, 2013
For what it's worth. Hope it continues, but we all knew it would end one day. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 25 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Sony's communication and customer relations have progressively gotten worse, unfortunately there are some people on the forum who try and make excuses for Sony and complain about people sharing their opinion that Home may be ending sooner than anticipated - yet when even Sony refuses to comment about Home's future (on any platform, including the PS3) is it any wonder so many feel the end is near?

There is really only two ways of reading into this.

1) Home is in fact ending soon and Sony doesn't want to kill off potential sales leading up to the eventual shutdown.

2) Sony is horribly mismanaging the service, and has no clue what it means to communicate with their customers and how their silence is hurting EVERYONE involved with Home.

In either case, the community suffers because of it - as clearly seen in the forums.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 9 of 25 (396 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Wow Setzaroth, I don't like the fact that you just called home users no lives, But its just a fun place to be when your not od'ing on games and glorifying yourself as your doing

“I might have laughed, if I had remembered how".– Max Payne
Message 10 of 25 (391 Views)