Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home 1.75

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

LunarEmerald LambastedEvilly:

MapleStory wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

MapleStory wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

voted very dissatisfied after friday i have not been back on home and at this point may never buy anything from them anymore. my wardrobe is a big mess that took 2hours to fix just to have all the junk i put back in my storage box fly right back at me. i see some stuff is faster but not so much for me to go Smiley Very Happyabout i'm missing some stuff and i can not get it back {yet} my ps3 crash 3 times and the 3rd time i lost data on a game ty home. it now seems i have less storage space iv got stuck in my room and had to re start iv been DC too many times to count and i'm happy for the ps plus ppl who enjoy there update was 1.75 just to add that? if so i hope sony makes a lot cash/yen on itSmiley Frustrated Fail update and the first real time iv hate home

On the bright side, at least you can use the money you'll save on English and typing classes.

On-topic, voted satisfied. I've been a day 1, minute 1 member of PS+ as of June 28th, 2010 and was thrilled to know that Home would finally give us a bit more love. The color features are great, I'm glad that we got the full color palette for hair. It would be nice if that also applied for eyes but I figure that would be asking too much. lol

While on the topic of the color palette, it would be nice if we could specify the colors by RGB values (0-255) for a bit more precision. It would've been really awesome if the palette also applied to pop-up colors but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Regardless, it's good to know that more features are being implemented and hopefully there'll be more to come without too long of a wait.

She's Japanese. I'd love to see you speak in her language.

Set it up and I will. ;P

馬鹿

;^) Shame on you, Emerald....

:^/ Maple, like you, one of my pet peeves is when folks write inescusably poorly. Like you, I originally mistook Hazu for a poorly skilled native English writer. Instead, English is a second language for her, and that context sets a different standard.

Consider also that much of Hazu's practice material is the Internet, where many native English writers write similarly, due to laziness. Given these two factors, it's amazing she writes as well as she does. I'm very impressed now that I know that.

Message 81 of 120 (461 Views)
VP of Gaming
28874 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

I like the idea of being able to log into Home from any PS3 and having my own personal settings download for me. 

I assume you noticed how the images in your picutre frames don't have the correct images now.

I don't have/haven't had that problem. The personal spaces that I've visited since the update have not had images moved or removed. But I only used one PS3 to log into Home.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 82 of 120 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Ok now I'm getting a little disappointed because each time I save my avatar the hair color is in black, always. My opinion is maybe you guys have to work on this update a little bit. I mean it's getting there but not enough. Hopefully you would fix these issues on maintenance.
Message 83 of 120 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

I’m putting my vote at Neutral.

This is as of Feb 16

Plusses:

• I downloaded the 1.75 update on Wednesday evening about 7 PM CST
    • Downloaded fine, installed fine
    • The uploading of the data to Sony’s servers was error-free
    • After logging on, I was on for about 3 hours, and experienced no disconnects or freezes
    • Spaces seemed to download at their pre-update speed
    • Relocating to other spaces seemed at their pre-update speed
    • Wardrobe (Torso, Legs, Feet, etc.) loaded at pre-update speed
    • Little if any shifting of items between storage and main folders
    • A couple of the apartments that I furnished were unaffected

Minuses:

• Load time of saved avatars exceedingly slow (ten minutes plus for 24 saves) in an empty Harbour Studio
    • When leaving wardrobe and reentering immediately, same situation, whereas before the update, reentering immediately would load the saved avatars quickly
    • Additional save slots would be nice, but only if they were in a separate folder, not added to the current one
  • Favorites in the wardrobe have all been deselected, and items have been shifted around, but none have been moved to storage or vicey-versey that I am aware of
  • My Midnight Glade that I spent a few hours looking just the way I wanted is now completely empty
  • Character settings (hair color, make-up) default at the Plus selection, affecting the loading color choices. They are not what was selected upon log-off
  • XMB loading takes a lot longer, as does verifying purchased items
  • One club I am a member of loaded everything fine, another club didn’t load anything
    • Note: Not the club owner, only a member

• Not concerned about the Plus perks, though I echo Joanna’s sentiments about them being for Plus members only. I would not purchase a Plus membership for those features. I use my PS3 almost exclusively  for Blu-ray and Home
      • Additional pop-up colors are a nonfactor to me
      • Additional hair colors and make-up colors, and additional save slots (if in a second folder) would be nice to make available to all
        • I would not purchase them, however. Ever since x7 when the Home team said a new user with a single $15 purchase, or a perve/troll with multiple suspensions who bought a mansion space is a more valued Home member than a three year member with over $800 in purchases with zero suspensions or warnings, I have quit supporting Home financially, only spending about $55 since 1/1/2012 (with no more planned), whereas before it was around $250 a year.
          • Yes, I’m still ticked about that insult. No, I won’t get over that insult.

Basically, I am at a wash with this update. It’s too much trouble to access the saved avatars, but since the regular wardrobe loads at a decent speed, I can just use that for now. If the speed at which the saved avatars are accessed are sped up to at least pre-update speed, I will be at neutral +1.

Message 84 of 120 (406 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Greetings Cade I voted very dissatisfied as i am sure u know y but i thought i would bring this to your attention as i'm sure JoyStick will ... the cause of the issue i had the day before the update ii had to delete my settings file an it got corrupted ... so i thought i should aslo bring this to your attention as for the inventory reset that was the cause .... but now i can't get in home at all ... but besides that its the reset .... but i do love everything else

Message 85 of 120 (387 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

馬鹿 

ふざけるな、糞でぶ。

Come up with something better next time, k?

@DangerDad: You a frosty? I've always had a good relationship with them from back in like late '08/early '09 but I heard all the original people are gone now? And I guess I've just been spoiled by Japanese users who, you know, don't completely butcher an attempt at our language. And it's not that I think she's not trying hard enough, it's that I doubt that she's even Japanese in the first place. Home community's full of liars and fakes.

Message 86 of 120 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 17, 2013

its disaster of a core update. home is allot slower now than it was before the update. i still have freezing issues. my wardrobe is a mess. i don't know why the home management thought it was a great idea.

Message 87 of 120 (344 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 17, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

馬鹿 

ふざけるな、糞でぶ。

Come up with something better next time, k?

@DangerDad: You a frosty? I've always had a good relationship with them from back in like late '08/early '09 but I heard all the original people are gone now? And I guess I've just been spoiled by Japanese users who, you know, don't completely butcher an attempt at our language. And it's not that I think she's not trying hard enough, it's that I doubt that she's even Japanese in the first place. Home community's full of liars and fakes.

and who's to say that she isint japanese you should just respect other users for who they are. 

Message 88 of 120 (343 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I waited until Thursday Feb. 14, at about 6pm to log into home.

The update took only 13 minutes and I've been checking and everything seemed to be okay.

My furniture was still in place, my wardrobe was still intact, my pictures in my frames looked good.

I was amazed actually, after reading everything in these forums and more than a little scared to log on.

Things seemed to download a little faster.

The only thing I could see wrong, were the prices for the latest items. They were not showing up at all, but that sometimes happens so I wasn't worried about it.

Now then, on Saturday morning at approx. 3 am, my wardrobe was suddenly backwards, with only 3 items showing and the rest were now in storage, although a lot of it was missing, as it only loaded so many items. That was a bit disconcerting for sure.

So it took that long after logging in on Thursday for that to happen.

Same thing with my furniture, it too was now basically in storage as well.

Now on Saturday, at about 3 pm, my wardrobe has moved a lot of items back into favorites with stars on them as if they were new items. They are old items with stars on them. My newer items are still in storage, but a least it looks like I have everything back.

Same thing with my furniture.

I voted Dissatisfied.

Why?

Because of the fact that those of us that spend a lot of money in Home and support Home daily, weekly, were not given the same consideration as the PS+ members.

I feel those options should be enjoyed by everyone not just a select few.

My husband has PS+ membership because he plays a lot of games, and I did go in and try them out using his avatar, which he never uses because he never goes on Home.

But in order for me to have these same options, I would have to spend money and purchase a PS+ membership and that doesn't make sense since he has already spent the money.

My fear is that Home will become a pay for use Home catering only to the PS+ members and eventually, those that do not break down and purchase a PS+ membership will no longer, at some point, even be able to access Home.

(Oh and .... pay to use?.... I am paying to use it, because of the money I spend on it)

They have started up something that they will continue to feed and there will be a lot more options and extras, but not for everyone. This is just the beginning, in my humble opinion.

And then, of course there is the wardrobe and furniture issue, which I feel will be fixed but not for quite some time.

Good luck to JW and the others working hard to fix things. I truly would not want to have your job right now.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 89 of 120 (320 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I've yet to see a difference in Home. I love it but it still lags,DL takes longer then it should and the wardrobe problem is still there. Maybe i misunderstood the update i thought in part it was supposed to make Home run smoother and faster.  I honestly in my opinion don't think it'll change much until PS4... but i hope so! 

Message 90 of 120 (304 Views)