Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home 1.75

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

As for positives, I really like being able to enter a new space or exit my wardrobe and type right away. Huge thumbs up there. I also like how companions and LMOs load much faster after arriving in a space. Changing outfits in other people's personal spaces is nice as well.

Negatives: Like most others in having wardrobe/inventory storage issues, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm sure it will be rectified at some point.

The thing that is driving me crazy is the data saving. Sometimes my data saves much faster than it used to, but quite often the saving icon is on my screen for five to ten times longer than it used to be. As an example, when I go to my Dolphy Room and select a dolphy so that I can play the ring game, after I leave the dolphy select menu the save icon appears and stays on screen much longer than my HDD saving icon did pre-1.75.

It also appears to be saving data in situations where it never did before the core update. Earlier tonight I was alone in a personal space and opened up the nav to see where someone on my friends list was; I pressed circle to back out of the nav and the menu, and the saving icon appeared and stayed on my screen for probably three minutes or so. What would it be saving?

I also had the same thing happen when I opened and closed my inventory without making any changes at all.

I'm also having issues with getting a "Please wait" message in wardrobe when I do the simplest things, and showing my saved avatars takes forever. I have three saved avatars, and while the first one appears instantly I quickly get "Please wait" and have to sit there for quite awhile before I can do anything.

Like I said, the wardrobe storage issue is a minor annoyance for me, but making me wait for extended periods almost every time I do anything in Home is really getting old.

Message 91 of 120 (516 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Might be something a little unrelated, but

I think it should be illegal for any company to hold something as 'beta' for more than 1-2 years. Having a beta tag for over 4+ years to avoid flack is really saying something about their lack of integrity and overall competence to do things properly inconsistently.

Message 92 of 120 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Feb 17, 2013

1.75 Update Pros and Cons

Pros:

1. Home is loading faster for me.
  2. Downloading new personal and public spaces is faster for me.
  3. The ability to transfer my accounts between my two PS3s.
  4. New color choices for Plus members. (should be for all)
  5. Club tags are nice.

Cons:

1. Wardrobe organization changed the 2nd time I signed onto Home. 

a. favorite tags were removed

b. newest items were moved to storage

c. older items moved from storage to main wardrobe

d. attempts to organize are wiped out when returning to Home

2. Furniture organization changed the first time I tried to use it.

c. older items moved from storage to main furniture organizer

d. attempts to fix are reset when launching furniture organizer

3. Club furniture settings missing and everything is wiped clean. Attempts to redecorate are removed after owner leaves club. Just bought the new Arcade Games from Atari and am not able to share them with my club members. Renders my club useless for the intended purpose.

Many of my friends have experienced:

1. Avatar saves missing.

2. Dolphies missing.

3. Dolphie win records missing.

4. Granzilla reward pts. missing.

5. Rewards not popping

6. Freezing and slow loads.

7. Items missing from inventory

8. Furniture in organizer changed  *see Con #2

9. Wardrobes scrambled *see Con #1

Opinion

None of the 1.75 "improvements" are worth what we lost; which is the ability to reload a space or Home settings from a saved file. 

From my sampling of friends and the percentage with problems; I would say the majority of Home user are experiencing issues, not just a few.

Please fix, as at it stands it is discouraging to say the least. Many Home users feel the same. 

Thank You,

Mur

Posted Image
Message 93 of 120 (474 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Wow not happy with the update the time it take to get my wardrobe presets is crazy long so it don't pay to even try to open then . Then wait for 20min's for them to come up.  I did reboot home to but that's no help. 

THANK YOU 

Message 94 of 120 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Feb 17, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

1.75 Update Pros and Cons

Pros:

1. Home is loading faster for me.
  2. Downloading new personal and public spaces is faster for me.
  3. The ability to transfer my accounts between my two PS3s.
  4. New color choices for Plus members. (should be for all)
  5. Club tags are nice.

Cons:

1. Wardrobe organization changed the 2nd time I signed onto Home. 

c. older items moved from storage to main wardrobe

d. attempts to organize are wiped out when returning to Home

2. Furniture organization changed the first time I tried to use it.

c. older items moved from storage to main furniture organizer

d. attempts to fix are reset when launching furniture organizer

3. Club furniture settings missing and everything is wiped clean. Attempts to redecorate are removed after owner leaves club. Just bought the new Arcade Games from Atari and am not able to share them with my club members. Renders my club useless for the intended purpose.

Many of my friends have experienced:

1. Avatar saves missing.

2. Dolphies missing.

3. Dolphie win records missing.

4. Granzilla reward pts. missing.

5. Rewards not popping

6. Freezing and slow loads.

7. Items missing from inventory

8. Furniture in organizer changed  *see Con #2

9. Wardrobes scrambled *see Con #1

Opinion

None of the 1.75 "improvements" are worth what we lost; which is the ability to reload a space or Home settings from a saved file. 

From my sampling of friends and the percentage with problems; I would say the majority of Home user are experiencing issues, not just a few.

Please fix, as at it stands it is discouraging to say the least. Many Home users feel the same. 

Thank You,

Mur

lost all my saves 2 ty

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 95 of 120 (427 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I'm on the fence on this update, as I recently experienced an HDD issue on our PS3, which required a format... *sigh*, effectively deleting everything, games, pics, songs, saves that were before the implementation in Auto Save, then the recent 2day PSN update caused the contents of my Clubhouse on Home to be deleted, now this 1.75 caused all my wardrobe contents to scatter (2nd time now in a month, ugh), go to rearrange everything & it seems there is less space in the normal (not storage), now I know we have a lot of content, but my memory tells me otherwise...  I have to say thanks to sony for adding the extra storage in Outfits, but I'd have to agree w/posts below.  Not fair to the general public, whom are supporters of Home, but not PS+ members, I think to be fair, leave it 'normal' capacity for general Home users, added capacity for 'avid' users & extra capacity for 'PS+' members.  I'm constantly struggling to juggle my components. Not complaining as things have improved SO much from 3-4 yrs ago, but core things need to be addressed in order to smoothly work w/all the goods being pushed out by the ever increasing studios, which we love!  Things we'd like to see added is a search feature in wardrobe &/or folders or categories to organize items into for ease of finding things?  Also, we think the concept of dressing your avi should be reconsidered into perhaps something along this idea.  Picture your avi standing there to the right R2/L2 to rotate, follow so far? lol jk  so wardrobe could be broken down into 2 'layers' of organization, to the right of your avi would be 4 'sliders' like the XMB in nature, Head / Torso / Legs / Feet, 2nd Layer, Jewelry / Accessories / Hands & Back (should be added for back accessories, not Hands!) then like the XMB you could go up/down between each of these, slide side to side & see the effects of the layers on your avi. (following?)  Just some creative suggestions that we hope make its way into receptive eyes/minds to make it come to fruition. Thanks otherwise for a great experience! Long live Sony, Playstation & Home  Have Fun Everyone! 

Message 96 of 120 (415 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I have a real problem with the latest (February 2013) update of Home.

My hair & facial hair colors are not saved. When I first enter Home, my hair is black & when I correct my color I find the "Customize" colour is highlighted. I don't have Plus.

If I change to one of my saved wardrobe slots, my hair & facial hair goes black again. I can resave the correct shade of brown but when I reload the saved wardrobe slot, my hair is black again.

I have to change my hair & facial hair colors constantly. Very annoying & time consuming! Please fix this.

Message 97 of 120 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Here is the most important thought of all for this Update... 

I don't care if there is anyone Experiencing nothing Wrong with their Account, you can always hit a Snag later in the future... 
And because you already made the Agreement, your stuck with that choice... You may like it now, but what about next Update, or the one after that? 

What concerns me the most, are the People who arn't just Experiencing Problems, their Experiencing Data Loss... 

I had to Delete Files, & then made the Update... & Thus now Lost everything... 
I Updated through the wrong Console, & thus lost everything... 
My Data didn't make it through the Update, thus Loosing everything... 

This New Update isn't just a Risk Taker, it's a Dangerous Move to make... 

I don't like the sound of that... 

I don't know weather to wait till all the Bugs have Cleared out before Updating, or just let it go, & not Update at all... 

I have stuck with HOME since Pretty much, the Beginning, & the only thing that ever gave me problems this big was the Hack in April of 2010, or whatever Year it was... 

But this Update tops even that, making this the biggest Danger to HOME, ever... 

Btw, someone mentioned about a Policy or something to do with Lawyer Vs. Lawyer Bashing Heads... 

The idea is to think 1 Step Ahead, if I can Avoid that Court Case, i'd much rather not go there if I don't have to... 

I spent money, & leaving the items I paid for on a Server that isn't Stable, is not something I feel Safe about, ~_~ 

P. S.: I say the Servers are unstable, because well, since when was HOME ever capable of being Error Free? 

People for a while were claiming HOME wasn't doing anything, that HOME kept Freezing, such, & such... & now they expect us to just hand over everything we put money on? 

And people are like, I Accept... Really? It was that easy to make a Decision like that so fast? Not even second thinking it? @_@

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 98 of 120 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Don't know if there is a thread for this issue but the wardrobe and furniture mix up is a MAJOR HASSLE.There are always some things to iron out after updates but this is too much.I'm pretty upset by this.Storage being restored and favorites moved to storage.I won't be making nearly as many purchases until this is resolved.it's way too frustrating.Good luck,I hope it's resolved soon.
Message 99 of 120 (334 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4532 posts

Feb 18, 2013

idk if this has been mentioned cuz I haven't gone thru this entire thread but when choosing a hair style it takes quite awhile to load also when i'm on 4 awhile sum spaces can't be downloaded nor can I go to sum spaces cuz I get like a scene download error, other than that I been loving 1.75, mostly the PS+ additions & being able to change in ur friends apts

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 100 of 120 (313 Views)
0 Likes