Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home 1.75

Feb 18, 2013

BabyBearsBed wrote:
Don't know if there is a thread for this issue but the wardrobe and furniture mix up is a MAJOR HASSLE.There are always some things to iron out after updates but this is too much.I'm pretty upset by this.Storage being restored and favorites moved to storage.I won't be making nearly as many purchases until this is resolved.it's way too frustrating.Good luck,I hope it's resolved soon.

Didn't you hear? The official response from our community manager is that there are only little issues bubbling up that only a few are experiencing, so you must be mistaken.

*sigh*

The reality is there are big issues that are not just bubbling up, but showed their ugly heads right after the update, and it's clearly affecting the vast majority of users... But apparently it's not worth their time to communicate this to the community, and reassure us that they take these issues seriously instead of portraying them as rather insignificant things that only a few are having to deal with.

We deserve better than that.  There's a saying in Texas... Don't **bleep** on my boots and tell me it's raining...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 101 of 120 (332 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Feb 19, 2013

@D-Nitrate Calm Down, your shoving this all of PS HOME for misscomunication... 

If i'm not mistaken, this is what the Community wanted... People wanted the Freezing & Network Dis-Connection to be Fixed... 
The Community asked for this, wanted things done around here, now they have been done, & look where it got us... 

I said this was a bad Idea from Day one that this was Mentioned, I did not Support this then, & I am not Shocked at what has Happened... 
I'm not Suprised at all... 

I said no, but it still came anyways, & now there is a Huge Mess, as a matter of Fact, I never even made the Update on my PS3, why? 
Because i'm not Willing to go through the Mess you all are going through right now... 

As a Matter of Fact, there are some people who are Completely Utterly Scared to make the Update... 

There is nothing the HOME Team nor Sony can tell us, because they don't have anything Solid to Communicate with, yet... 
Once they do, they will let everyone know...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 102 of 120 (293 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
403 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Voted  DISSATISFIED.  

Home is BROKEN, Sony.  The core update has serious problems.  Please fix it. 

Wardrobe, Furniture, Portables inventories are all scrambled and continue to become scrambled regardless of what I've done to try to reorganize them. Now my old items are showing up in the front menu marked as NEW!! WTH. This is a huge problem.  Multitudes have already reported these issues and many more. Multitudes more do not post on these Forums.  

This is NOT a minor issue or inconvenience. HOME. IS. BROKEN.

Message 103 of 120 (291 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Feb 19, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

@D-Nitrate Calm Down, your shoving this all of PS HOME for misscomunication... 

If i'm not mistaken, this is what the Community wanted... People wanted the Freezing & Network Dis-Connection to be Fixed... 
The Community asked for this, wanted things done around here, now they have been done, & look where it got us... 

I said this was a bad Idea from Day one that this was Mentioned, I did not Support this then, & I am not Shocked at what has Happened... 
I'm not Suprised at all... 

I said no, but it still came anyways, & now there is a Huge Mess, as a matter of Fact, I never even made the Update on my PS3, why? 
Because i'm not Willing to go through the Mess you all are going through right now... 

As a Matter of Fact, there are some people who are Completely Utterly Scared to make the Update... 

There is nothing the HOME Team nor Sony can tell us, because they don't have anything Solid to Communicate with, yet... 
Once they do, they will let everyone know...

Was that a haiku?

Message 104 of 120 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

How are these major core changes actually tested? I am beginning to think the software is tested by a single non Home user with a default empty Home inventory account on an empty non stressed isolated server. In many businesses, errors this large would get people fired or reassigned to noncritical job positions. I have tried to keep the faith, but in the high tech world today, there is little excuse for such routine, consistently regular major issues . To top it off, updating a major core change just prior to 2 major back to back Holidays is completely insane. I also can confirm the multitude of problems listed above. These core issues come on top of the growing number of broken, bugged, and error ridden new games and content which seem to be forgotten due to the next new weekly thing. I am beginning to appreciate the views of the already disenfranchised users who gave up spending money on Home long ago. I fear that Sony has not funded the Home project well enough to fix these issues. No matter how smart or dedicated the Home staff are, without adequate funding and support from Sony management, improving Home may be near impossible for the dedicated people working to make it all happen. Now there, I feel better already after my ranting.

Posted Image

Message 105 of 120 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I'm sure they test on a controlled, closed network, and the testing is done by network techs. They have no way of knowing what will happen when thousands, perhaps millions of systems connect once it goes live. They need to see these type of problems to develop fixes for them. I'm sure it will get done soon enough. No point in getting upset when something doesn't work right the first week. No fix would be coming before tomorrow anyway.

Message 106 of 120 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3178 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I didn't get a chance to check it out till last night really, and It was a bit confusing at first... 

I agree with some folks that non Plus members havve been shafted a bit, yet at the same time, I am happy to be a plus member it is a good deAL IN AND OUT OF HOME. So I see no reason that a Gamer in Ps HOME would not have plus... its only 50 bucks a year and it pays for its self in less then 3 months, and also the fetures in HOME are a great added bonus. 

Yet I can say Im not sure having the back up taken away from us was a great idea... I save my HOME stuff to my cloud saving from Plus and it has saved me a few times. Also I have not gotten to try the feature of Load up from any PS3, yet I have two ps3s in my house this week so I plan to try it out...

I found the release notes very hard to read and understand... Glasswalls, when you make posts about the polls on Patches and Updates like this one could you please include a lamens term verstion of the Release notes. That way we can really make good posts about what we like or Dont with something to compare it too? I know you have a lot of work, yet Any good thread should have a matching OP, and being informed about what we are posting on will make the posts more orderly and also give us the chance to comment better. I really would like to comment on all the updates yet am still unsure what they all are... If you can not post a revised version, can you at least post a link in the OP to the release notes or Blog post so the people here can follow that to see what they are posting on...

Please

Photobucket
Message 107 of 120 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I voted dissatisfied, obviously I'm one of those "few" with wardrobe issues. This discorages me from buying any new outfits, even ones i was looking forward to.
I also find that Home runs much slower now. I will get the www circle spinning at the top and suddenly I can't play any games or change spaces. I had little problems before the update and now I have little desire to even bother logging on. I'm sure there are less patient people out there that don't bother complaining and just go back to other games.

As for the plus perks... Seeing people's club names is interesting but I won't be surprised if it turns into some issue with immature groups.
Overall I see the whole plus perks as a fail. It only benefits home users that already had plus. I really don't see new hair colors drawing in new users because THAT'S what they were waiting for. I also don't see the just home users being enticed by plus just for hair color. I know I have no use for plus. I barely have time for the handful of games I buy so there is no overall benefit for me. The perks should have been exclusive spaces/items and discounts. The first time I played home I hated it. The people I met were rude and making an avatar was too much effort for little perceived payback. It wasn't until the welcome back package that I bothered trying it out. I had outfits and spaces to play with before venturing out to public areas. If the plan was to bring in new users from plus they need something more exciting than colors. And if the plan was to get regular users to subscribe to plus they know the value of colors and the yearly subscription fee does not seem worth it.
Message 108 of 120 (218 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

I have only experienced good things with this update. Smiley Happy It has become so quick, that now Home has to wait for me, haha. Smiley Happy

The features that I found that are better are,

- Quicker downloads of the Locomotions, they appear right after the Avatar does, while before, it could take 3 minutes Smiley Happy,

- Quicker downloads of the pre-saved costumes, it's a lot quicker than it was before, now I can use all slots instead of only 12 Smiley Happy, (Can't the pictures of the costumes be zoomed out so you can see the whole Avatar? I always forget where I stored what. Woman Indifferent)

- Downloading of spaces goes quicker, except the colored loadbar, that goes just as slow as before,

- The clubname and tag are nice extra features Smiley Happy,

- And ofcourse the ability to change in another player's apartment is something that the community has been asking for ages. Smiley Happy

The only thing that I don't approve are the extra colors, and save slots being available only for PlayStation Plus customers.

Those are very nice colors, but if it has to, then it would be fair that owners of the Mansion, and or the Gold suit, Diamond suit, and the Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire suits, and players that bought, or 'invested' a certain amount of money in Home, would received them too. These owners can also enter X7, can't they?

I never bought a Plus membership, but I would buy one right away, if you could have discounts like with disk, and downloadable games. Smiley Happy

A Locomotion that is $3.99, when you have Plus then it's $2.19,

A costume bundle that is $5.99, for $3.49,

An apartment of $9.99, for $6.20,

More $1 bundles, that consists of furniture, clothes, even apartments...

Sony said on E3 2012, that you can save a lot of money with Plus, but if you only, play Home, which a lot of people do, then Plus is only a big plus out of your pocket.

A nice new feature would be that with a Plus membership, on Home, it would equally earn itself back like on Playstation Network. Smiley Happy 

Message 109 of 120 (205 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I think the main question here should be why is it every time we get a core update it comes with so many bugs?  Do you guys beta test any of this?  Or do you feel like that's our job as Open Beta Testers?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 110 of 120 (168 Views)
0 Likes