Wastelander
539 posts

Re: POTTERMORE USERS - WHAT IS YOUR VIEW?

Apr 27, 2013

pottermore is half baked. its missing key items from the series , 0 rewards & linking account is absolutely pointless . currently it sucks. the only enjoyment is using a breakdance LMO in the purchased pottermore outfit

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 15 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
548 posts

Apr 28, 2013

I had a theory once, that Pottermore was an experiment to see if restricting certain functions would aid in fighting the Hacking/Freezing that has been going on in Home. I have since abandoned that theory in favor of corporate greed. LOL.

With that said, I am excited to see what Sony brings to the table in the form of updates. It's pretty obvious that new content is just right around the corner and YES, there is a point to linking your account to Pottermore.com.

First and foremost: As you go through the website and interact, you pick up items: including Chocolate Frog Cards. These card are transferred to your inventory on Pottermore when you link up. Also, once you are sorted, you have access to Madame Malkins and outfits in your House Colors, instead of just the default black. I was not able to access most of the stores (Like Wiseacres and Madame Malkins) until I progressed to certain points on Pottermore.com. I believe this will be how they release new content. For now, only 3 books are accessible on Pottermore (and I don't think POA is even complete). I would suggest that some of you visit, go through the story (collecting items on the way) and then re-link your account (if you haven't yet).

You might find that there is more to Pottermore than you originally thought. ^_~

Club: Nachtmere
Message 12 of 15 (96 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9499 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I like the way you think Phoenixgate. Youre the only seemingly level headed voice in any of this IMO.
Collection of random thoughts about Pottermore

- Pottermore isnt dead it has barely even started.

- Wait for the update before condeming it a failed project as currently there is more to come, it doesnt abstractly dance around the subject in fact, the site, parts of the Home experience and our blogs have told us there is more coming.

- HOME is NOT just us or the 'North American' region, it is an almost worldwide program which others enjoy in ways different than us

- Pottermore is seemingly packed and doing well in EU

- I personally havent had any bugs, glitches or errors in Pottermore yet, in fact I found it to be relatively problem free aside from disconnect errors that happen anywhere in Home.

- It isnt any more/less interesting than any other space without rewards. Its really how you spend your time there with others that make ANY space 'fun' if you think about it.
Home is just a pretty chat interface with fun stuff to look at and a few games.

- I don't see why seemingly many people have gripes with the whole experience.

The only semi legitimate issue one can raise is the default clothes issue. There are three catagories of popular thought on that.
1. You dont like that it restricts your other clothes
2. You like that it puts you in Potter clothing
3. You dont care either way and enjoy it when you feel like it and stay out of the space when it gets old.
I fall into category 3.
The other complaints I just dont see. There are so many worse off Home projects than this I would honestly declare it a success. The fact there are STILL constant Potter threads should indicate that its brought users to Home and has intrigued many of its users to say the least.

Just dont worry honestly, there is more to come, please trust that.
Support Forums
Message 13 of 15 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 28, 2013

OK, Firstly thank you for your views, some valid some not (despite me clearly pointing out who this debata was pointed out).

I care about ppls disappointment they cant hang round in their own clothes atop motorbikes etc attempting to be hip whilst making no use of whats on offer about as much as any war-gamer would care about a complaint of mine I cant hang round their warfield in my jeans and top dancing... not a jot, there's no relevance to such griping. Theres plenty of spaces on Home for hanging out but also plenty of people with so much on offer for them who only want to complain about what's not.

Joanna Dark - R.E: UPDATES - of course it'll be great, however I think it's far more important to get what we have working first.  Pottermore on Home so far is based on Book 1 so theres plenty of scope for it to expand if the demands there... however, the point of raising concerns now is that the gameplay problems could well prevent the demand and prevent a viable future for it.  Of course if you find little of interest on Pottermore then Pottermore on Home isn't going to change that (there's far more to do on Pottermore than Pottermore on Home).

LegoFire - Im glad the 'glitches' (gameplay probs?) don't happen that often for you, unfortunately for me, friends and fellow users Ive asked they do. Pottermore hasnt quite been on Home a month yet so it's not suprising theres hasnt been any additions as yet and of course more will be great but I dont agree theres little to do as you possibly suggest, if it was working we could make far more of it (we've talked of inter-house comps but its unrealistic to attempt atm cos of the probs).

MsLiza - yes as Joanna (and me in the original post and you after her) states a new space has a curiosity factor and natural fall-off. Happens for every sopace so is of no relevance to the causes of the greater fall-off of use which I believe is far more due to gameplay issues than any other relevant reason and more Pottermore users Ive discussed it with agree with me than disagree.  And again... if you're not a Pottermore fan/user then a Pottermore extensions going to be nothing for you when youve so much more on offer you do like/participate in.

Kitchens Closed - I think all of us Pottermore fans are looking forward for more too, and with 6 more books to base it on there's plenty of scope.  However, my concern is that without addressing the gameplay issues that are hurting it's use the possibility of expansion is in jeapordy.

Gamer316 - super lame, very apt

Danger Dad - the games continue to give out card rewards, however its not on a 1 card for 1 win basis, it's based on performance and I generally get 1 every half dozen wins or so.  There's quite a few people interested in making gameplay more enjoyable (you appear to be bored with continual random play) with the creation of inter-house comps, just its not viable atm till the games work better.

D Nitrate - Im not sure why PM's etc isn't allowed and I agree this is a viable irritation that could/does put people off (although as a girl it also stops all my unwanted PMs and its fun watching pervy idiots who think they can still do it to me).  Would be nice if they could explain why they've done this as i cant see a point in it either.  As for mass negative views, well I think a lot of that could be down to the 'complain about what you cant do rather than appreciate what you can' factor but Ive not read the remarks you refer to.  Then again, when a lot of the time you cant interact with what's supposedly on offer it's not going to generate positive press either, i do hope the developers take note.

Anton - Yet again, if you're not interested in PLAYING Pottermore then really this thread isn't aimed at you.  I agree on the constraints on communication you make but you being able to be 'you' is really niether here nor there topic wise, sorry.

Greasemonkey - sorry you dont like it, on Home it's based on Book 1 atm so yes Books 2-7 are missing :/  Linking your account links cards earnt on Pottermore and Pottermore on Home meaning you can use them on both, a point very well made by PHEONIXGATE tyvm Pheonix.

SmokingPistol - Im glad you dont have gameplay problems, from what Ive been told you're in a very elite minority though.  This thread isnt about Pottermore on Home being dead though, just that its suffering (for many) and will do much better when the gameplay problems are addressed with the same vigour as the clothing glitch (perhaps they are being but nothings been said and if not hopefully if its mentioned they will be).

Anyway thank you for your contributions, have fun on Home.

Message 14 of 15 (74 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9499 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Fair enough Sami I can appreciate your feelings on it and dont disagree really. I am sorry if you and others do have errors etc. because at the end of the day it should all just be fun for users not stressful. Heres to hoping the future brings good things (:
Support Forums
Message 15 of 15 (56 Views)