I Only Post Everything
572 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 24, 2013

This news has got me excited!! No more leaving another person's space to change! As for the camera,  I prefer the one from the R1 menu as the portable item version is pretty much useless in my opinion. Not sure about the save data going online though...

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. :smileytongue:
Message 151 of 189 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: A few unanswered questions about Home patch 1.75

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

ProfessorTripp wrote:
Who said anything about the cache being removed?

It's not going to happen.

Why would there be a cache when our apartments and our apartments lay outs are going to be saved on the PSN server?  Our Avatars will now be on the PSN server.  Game saves will now be on the Sony server.  The only way a cache can work the right way is if we have parts of Home saved on our PS3's.

Or as GW said it...

• Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 152 of 189 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

1.75 UPDATE, PSPLUS SONY PLZZZZZ READ

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

1.75 update im happy bout the extra options on makeup n hair , but im not happy bout buying plus noooo way, i spend enough as it is on home, why cant home do a wardrobe bodyshop we can buy, as before i have mentioned bout hair colour etc, but we still need more face options,  having a bodyshop be gr8, but buying ps plus im not buying :catsad:  im not spending more , why cant ppl who bought mansions n other exclusive things have these new options ???  :catsad:

meow meow
Message 153 of 189 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Well, I finally got my new hair colors. (That if anyone knows me I've been suggesting for months)But my new suggestion will be to add this feature to all users.. I think ps+ members should get the other stuff but this feature should be for everyone really. I'm hoping there's a way to keep your colors even after PS plus expires. I have no problem with spending money on Home.. but I just personally don't like subscriptions. Either make this feature available to everyone or purchasable. 20$..30$? I do not care the price. (I'm currently out of town so I won't even be able to check out the feature for awhile)

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 154 of 189 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jan 24, 2013

IMSOBRAINDEAD wrote:

evilfluffybunny wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

I guess nobody will ever be satisfied with what Sony does. That is ultimately what it comes down to.

You can disguise this as a big screw up on their part if you want, but I bet 90% of the people complaining about the colour options never cared about it before this was announced. They just heard you can gain more, but only if you pay, and this somehow surprises you?

If we never paid for home we would all be running around in defaults and ad shirts, so why is the concept of PS+ Subscribers getting more surprising? I think it's good that they're getting more, right now there aren't very many benefits to PS+ on Home.

I say this as somebody who has no intention of subscribing to the service by the way.

Oh, but of course, I don't hate Sony, so I must be a "sheep."

^^ And this is the attitude that I can't stand.

Just so you know, I requested the custom colors feature, when Home was just starting out. In fact, I made more than one reuqest about that. So if I want to be **bleep** off about not being able to use it and give my opinion, after making more than 1 request for the feature, I sure as hell can and will. I actually care about the feature, hence why I would suggest it and I want to be able to use it, without having to cough up $50.

You can buy 3 months of plus for 17.99 why do you think you need 50$ ?

Well, about $70 worth VS $50 worth. Hmmm... Didn't you know $17.99 adds up in a year, especially when you need to keep renewing the subscription, if you want keep being able to use the feature you wanted? I really wouldn't be getting a better deal, now would I?

And no, there wasn't any sarcasm in that.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 155 of 189 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yeah... Nice try Sony but you are yet again giving false information on your updates... we still cannot change in other people personal spaces and now we have even more network errors.

Message 156 of 189 (252 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Jan 24, 2013

K_Flynn1984 wrote:

Yeah... Nice try Sony but you are yet again giving false information on your updates... we still cannot change in other people personal spaces and now we have even more network errors.

The update doesn't go live until the 30th. 

Message 157 of 189 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16260 posts

Jan 25, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

1. "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you   may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."

• What about PSN codes will they still work?  Ex:  The codes that Hevywater use to give out. ?? those 12 digit alpha/numeric codes?PSN code.jpg
  • What about the PSN store will that still work?  (not the one in Home) what?
  • How about game unlockables?  EX: The Bat cave from the batman game or any of these games. thats a reward item, no change so it will work
  • Does this mean that "EVERY" space we goto we are going to have download now?  Right now we have a Cache that can speed things up when we go back to a space that we just recently went to. no change, you will have to dl the 60kb apartment layout
  • Are we going to have longer load times for things like our private apartments? it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes

2.  "The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48."

• Am I the only one here that see's this going from "character save slots" to more "saves slots in your appartement"
  • I'm still a little upset that we now have Locomotions that let you run faster.  The top speed of our Avatarts has been one of the top  complaints on Home Closed and Open beta's.  So when ever there are complaints is going to fix it by maken us buy a fix to the problem?  This is a beta Sony...

It does not sound as if you know what your talking about.

1. The PSN Store:  You know on your XMB under PlayStation®Network the PlayStation®Store? no idea what you mean,

the psn store leaving?

• Harley7, your killing me here.  For a long time now you have been able to go into the PSN store and buy games, movies and even things for Home.  There is not a lot of things in the PSN store for Home but if you ask around other people will also tell you the same thing. i have no idea if the psn store will still have things for home for sale.

2. My next question was on unlockables on PS3 games and you answered by saying "thats a reward item, no change so

it will work"  No change?  How about no Home items will be saved on our PS3's any more.  If you already won that item

yes your all set.  But if You didn't win it yet?  When you win things in a PS3 the info is saved on your PS3.  So how does

that  data get from your PS3 to Home?  With no upload??? home rewards are already hosted by sony

• You are not reading what I'm typeing.  YES!!!  Home rewards ARE on the Sony servers already.  Are we talking about Home rewards?  NO!!!  Once again please check out this link I'm given you ---> [click here for link]  If you see these are not Home games but real PS3 games that also offer items ...
  • Bottom line the rewards that I'm talking about right now are not already hosted by Sony becuse they come with a PS3 game not a game that's inside of Home.
  • The way it works right now is you buy the game you win the item once you do that next time you log-on to Home it's uploaded to Home.  The new probelm with that is what GW said that all items will now be saved on the PSN server and they will no longer let items be uploaded to there servers.  To me this sounds like Sony is given up on rewards in PS3 games and if you have not unlocked them yet "TO BAD" there will be no change to that, home will see if u have that game and give you that reward like it does now.

3. When I asked about download all spaces and apartments then you said.  "no change, you will have to dl the 60kb

apartment layout"  YES!  There is obviously a change!  Do you know what cache is?  A collection of items of the same type

stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.  What does this have to do with Home?  It's easy cache is a shortcut it

saves parts of the webpage or in Home part of the space in order to save time downloading it.  But remember what

GW said?  Now nothing

will be saved on our PS3's so the "cache" shortcut will no longer be there to speed things up.  = longer download times.

4. Next question was about longer downloads you answered by saying "it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes"

You know how when you goto a new space that you have never been to before it takes longer to download? 

But, other spaces that you goto all the time load right up?  Remember that little thing that I was talking about

called   "cache"?  Everthing space is going to be like that space that takes forever to load now.

no, the apartment layouts are going to be hosted by sony, they are around 60kb the spaces themselves are 30mb in

some cases, if youve already been then you have already downloaded it.

• Now you are just confusing your self.  I really don't think you understand what word "cache" means.  Right now my apartments and my apartment lay outs as well as some of the places in Home I visit a lot are all saved in my cache. 
  • Remember before I told you that cache is a shortcut.  Another example is this webpage your PC knows that you come to this site a lot and saved all the pic's are this page so you don't have to re-download them the next time you come here.  Why?  That saves time.  So as I was saying my apartments and there lay outs are all saved on my cache and it now takes a lot less time for them to load.
  • Now that Sony is going to fix that and "if" our cache also goes then this means longer load times for most spaces in Home.

your apartment layouts are saved in a game save file for each apartment, not your cache, the spaces themselves will still remain in your cache if youve visited them. the cache is not leaving.

Message 158 of 189 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16260 posts

Jan 25, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Why would there be a cache when our apartments and our apartments lay outs are going to be saved on the PSN server?  Our Avatars will now be on the PSN server.  Game saves will now be on the Sony server.  The only way a cache can work the right way is if we have parts of Home saved on our PS3's.

Or as GW said it...

• Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

save data is the apartment layout and your profile, it is not the data for the spaces themsleves.

Message 159 of 189 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 25, 2013

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Or as GW said it...

save data is the apartment layout and your profile, it is not the data for the spaces themsleves.

Harley, can you back up anything you just said with any type of fact?  GW said "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers" no where did he said that the cache is going to stay.  So you and the rest of us can only assume that its going to stay. 

Not to be rude, but I didn't make this post to talk to you.  Every time I say anything you seem to think it's to you.  I made the post to get unanswereds questions from people who work for Sony. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 160 of 189 (140 Views)
0 Likes