Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 23, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

cheaper to pay hundreds on games than spending  $50 a year?

did they change the way math works recently?

Most of PSN's prices for games that can be found on disc are over inflated. Purchasing games outright, especially on physical media if you can, also has a few benefits over PS+'s rental scheme. One of which being that you don't have to worry about a subscription fee to play them.  Second being when Sony eventually gets ride of PS+ you can still play those games since you own them. A third reason, mainly for games on disc, when the network goes away and/or the PS3 is no longer supported by it  you can still play them.

Message 101 of 189 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jan 23, 2013

If the personal space information is saved on the $ony servers why not raise the furniture limit in this update? In the future when they do raise the furniture limit it will be for p$ plu$ members only anyway so I shouldn't get too excited if and when this does happen. Major bummer!

"Locking a thread takes away our 1st Amendment"
Message 102 of 189 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 23, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

TC915 wrote:

best thing about plus is you get to buy games at a discounted price, like this month they have alot of high dollar games very cheap, Tiger Woods is only $10 & that's just 1 example

this month has some great discounts.

im kicking myself for buying The Unfinished Swan when it came out. paid $15 for it and now its only about $4 with PS+.

Yes but at 4.00 u get to keep it later... As it's then considered a Paid item... Even if it were 1.00 u get to keep it afterwards... So SONY make all GAME's on PLUS 1.00 Each!  This is at least what u can do... Forget the FREE part I pay 1.00 each! For the games i really want.... Make it Happen!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 103 of 189 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jan 23, 2013

So let me see if i understand this.... You want to take away my saved avatars, & then charge me 50$ to get them back?  "Duhhh ok, heres my 50$" HAHAHAHAHA yea no.... 

1 of the reasons i bought a ps3 > xbox was because i didnt have to pay to play online. I never bought into ps+ because a.) Im very picky about my game selection (still on a 40g), b.) No discounts on home stuff, and c.) Should ever i decide not to renew, all that discounted merchandise would all be taken back.

Now there charging for core content & things i already had. Keep your lousy hair colours, I can spend alot less on something thats far better than shiny new colours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 104 of 189 (428 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: What will happen to our regional accounts with update 1.75?

Jan 23, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Will our other accounts save to separate servers or the same one?Will we have to choose between one or the other?  I am quite worried about this. Can Joystick Warrior, Tempest Fire, or Glasswalls answer this dilemma?

Each account will save to the servers... Each account has it's own ID's and saves... Don't worry about that part...

Just like now all accounts have seperate ID's and saves... For each one... That's not gonna change!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 105 of 189 (292 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jan 23, 2013

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:

So let me see if i understand this.... You want to take away my saved avatars, & then charge me 50$ to get them back?  "Duhhh ok, heres my 50$" HAHAHAHAHA yea no.... 

1 of the reasons i bought a ps3 > xbox was because i didnt have to pay to play online. I never bought into ps+ because a.) Im very picky about my game selection (still on a 40g), b.) No discounts on home stuff, and c.) Should ever i decide not to renew, all that discounted merchandise would all be taken back.

Now there charging for core content & things i already had. Keep your lousy hair colours, I can spend alot less on something thats far better than shiny new colours.

no. anything you pay for with PS+ is yours to keep even if youre no longer a PS+ member.

Message 106 of 189 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jan 23, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:

no. anything you pay for with PS+ is yours to keep even if youre no longer a PS+ member.

Except the "free" stuff.

Which you are just renting.

Message 107 of 189 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 23, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

this month has some great discounts.

im kicking myself for buying The Unfinished Swan when it came out. paid $15 for it and now its only about $4 with PS+.

The Unfinished Swan is now mine for $3.75 /prepares to be slapped.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 108 of 189 (374 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:

Except the "free" stuff.

Which you are just renting.

Actually not all free stuff. Plus members keep the free themes and XMB avatars. I'm not 100% on free DLC though.

Message 109 of 189 (365 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Why isn't this atleast availabe to x7 members? Atleast x7 is all Home users.  I'm sure people would join x7 with this kind of incentive, thinking purchase of mansion or suits is worth having these features. I'm sure there are tons of PSPlus users that don't even use Home!

I myself am not a heavy gamer, so personally PSPlus isn't worth it to me. I would, however, pay a minimal fee to have a color wheel. Why can't we atleast have to option to buy these options on Home itself?!

Message 110 of 189 (353 Views)