Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Re: Playstation Home Community Adults

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

Yes, there are adults that act like little kids but you will notice some improvement after summer is over. School is out and kids get bored and some like trouble. That starts with "T".  Smiley Tongue

There are many great clubs and many are listed in this forum. You will also find clubs with various ages that even contain kids that are more mature than some so-called adults. Smiley Wink

Play hard. Live life.  Robot Mad

Message 11 of 32 (368 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, Sony should be trying to SELL Ps3s to women using Home as a major selling point. Sadly, their marketing department is absolutely clueless and has been seen PS2 days (horrible PS3 launch ads, anyone?). The inability to connect with women as a potential market is true for the videogame industry as a whole, though. Rockstar for example should make a horse riding/breeding spin-off of Red Dead Redemption using their amazing motion capture animations. Would sell bucketloads to teen girls and even older women if marketed correctly.

As for older gamers generally, it's time we get interactive stories as compelling as novels and movies. Game stories have actually gotten worse towards the end of this generation, not better. All game companies have to do is invest in WRITERS a small fraction of what they invest in VISUAL ARTISTS. Was looking at local job applications for Ubisoft for example out of curiosity, and they only were hiring one writer to do the whole story for multiple upcoming games including ALL dialogue. On the other hand, they were hiring hundreds of graphic artists. The games industry is so clueless about what appeals to the adult demographic. The first game company to crack that market will reap millions. And no, the Wii doesn't count.

Message 12 of 32 (367 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Jul 19, 2012

lol @ Conrad for ''many 70yo''

i dont think so.

Message 13 of 32 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

I actually wasn't aware that there were a lot of older females on Home. I figured there were probably some as well as older men too. But there's so many teenage trolls on there pretending to be females that sometimes you just don't know who's really a woman and who's not. I was chatting with a woman on there but she asked me my age and I told her to tell me hers first. Then she got kind of offended I think and left. But I still don't know 100% if it was really a woman or not.  She was trying to get me to join a club but it could have been a troll trying to use sex to get new members.

bobs fed signature
Message 14 of 32 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Frankly, not only is that not true, it's also insulting. In Home it is clear that women overall are the bigger market. Look at 90% of clothing updates and much more stuff comes out for women, and I assume we can agree that the biggest marketplace in Home is the clothing. Everytime they update hairstyles and such, they often have at least twice as many for women.

However, even assuming that isn't true, you just said essentially "Adult women are more important than male teens." I would like to think no one person is more important than any other person in life, even when comparing Doctors and Homeless people. Why would you just assume I have no money because I'm a teenager?

Message 15 of 32 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

Uh oh, you mad bro? I knew there was going to be some teens taking offense to this conversation lol. But I see your point, but look at this point from our perspective. Sony and other gaming companies tend to ignore the older gamers and females, and they only cater to the teen boys out there. Although I do like the Ghostbusters personal space and furniture because that's a nice touch from the 80's.

bobs fed signature
Message 16 of 32 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Sorry, I wasn't actually responding to you, I'm fine with older gamers feeling left out, because I can see it, I just didn't like the girl earlier saying that they should ignore us instead.

Message 17 of 32 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Oh ok no problem then. I was a little confused by what she said myself. But it's all good.

bobs fed signature
Message 18 of 32 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1910 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I'm 37 and my wife is 40...

Message 19 of 32 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Hello, Bobsfed!

I can see you don't post much, and that is perfectly fine.  I would just like to take the time to say welcome to the home forums!  If you're new to home, you're welcome there also.  You're welcome everywhere on these forums. 

I would also like to mention that home is a big world now compared to what it used to be back in 08' closed beta.  Take the time to scout around different spaces in home.  Don't be afraid to explore.  Don't let the harassment, bad language, drama, kids, and etc get to you. 

If you feel you need some help with anything that concerns home, please poke me a message via my profile, or the PSN on your PS3.  Bambi-01us.  I like to go above and beyond to help newcomers like you.  So please don't be afraid to poke me a message.  I would also like to point out that I'm a okay gamer.  I play for the fun of it and collect the pride while playing the game I'm currently on. 

There are game nights every night at the Hub core space.  The activities board will give info and so will this Featured Game Nights.  If you scroll all the way to the bottom of that page, you'll see the events on a left/right scroll with the date/time of the event.  Those are listings of games that will be going on at the hub.  I myself, and the HCVs host a bowling alley event.  We also host a weekly forums party at random times and days to suit the community better so everyone has a chance to come out and join the fun.

This is the best place to find people that are willing to help.  The forums are a huge house tool that we all like to use to stay updated on information about home, recent activites, trouble shooting, events, gamers, and etc.  There are a lot of peeps in here willing to help out and meet one another. 

Bambi-01us
Message 20 of 32 (232 Views)