Jun 29 2010
By: Anaheim_Ducks Hekseville Citizen 369 posts

Playstation Plus Subscribers Should Get Extra Home Features

57 replies 42 views Edited Jun 29, 2010

I've realized that Sony doesn't allow voice chatting due to the lag and immature people.

Ever since they introduced Playstation Plus I think they should allow the subscribers to have the option to voice chat in Home since they are paying a $50 fee.. The other question is what would Sony do if they started to abuse the voice chatting capability?

Easy, cancel their Playstation Plus subscription and make them pay for another.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

Message 1 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2882 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Subscribers Should Get Extra Home Features

Jun 29, 2010
Too difficult for home programmers to create, expect any(if at all) ps plus support to arrive next year
My Plats:

ps3 platinum trophy uncharted drakes fortuneps3 platinum trophy little big planetps3 platinum trophy killzone 2ps3Uncharted 2 PlatModern Warfare 2 Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed 2Trine
Message 2 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Jun 29, 2010
EU is getting an exclusive Plus item tomorrow and more to come. We can only assume US Home will also get stuff.
Message 3 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jun 29, 2010

While I won't be getting Plus, I feel Plus customers should get as many incentives as possible.

That would include Home content. Anyone who doesn't think people who spend more money should get more things are sour grapes IMO.

It was quoted from the EU blog there are plans to add content like this but no further details at this time, then in the EU forum the same guy said there were no plans go figure.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 4 of 58 (42 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jun 29, 2010

SpyDudeFX wrote:
EU is getting an exclusive Plus item tomorrow and more to come. We can only assume US Home will also get stuff.

Really now? Where did you read up on this? O.o

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Chad if you get PS Plus in every region it's available i'm going to come slap you in the teeth man! LOL

i knows where ya lives....i seens where ya sleeps...O__o

Message 6 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Gilleland wrote:
Too difficult for home programmers to create, expect any(if at all) ps plus support to arrive next year

usually i would agree, but it's really not that hard to slap a properly formatted image onto a previously created T-shirt template.

Although I too would be surprised to see much Home support in the PS+ program.

Message 7 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I believe that PSN+ and Home should stay in seperate categories. I mean, for one you choose to buy or not buy in home, which in a sense is your plus as you're giving in money to gain an item that otherwise is inaccessible unless your put out a dime or two.

Asking for that is similar to the gold suit (in which I bought) which just screams either one of two results:

1: Just screams out for attention to say "Hey, I paid 50 dollars so I'm special". Not saying $50 is the intial price, but I'm just pointing out. That alone would lead to the harassment of said plus users being bashed by the people who think those who did pay for it are egotistical.

and 2: The complaints. People will then flood with the complaints stating the simple fact that it's not fair sony is charging such a price just for an item that other users want. Jealousy is the key term within this reason. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. I mean there's already so much contents released now, would it really kill someone to go without a t-shirt showing off you got plus? I mean the best thing to happen is just like next to your xmb avatar, you get a lil plus symbol.

As for the voice chatting, that is such a pushed issue that I still don't see is a bother. There's personel spaces, phone a friend, and so forth to communicate with friends. I mean afterall, in the generation we live today with texting, social community websites such as myspace and twitter and so forth. Does it really kill someone to type?

Basically what I'm saying is that with plus, you get discounts in the store. You get exclusive avatars. You get a trial of a game in which you keep the achievements and status in the game in case you get the full one. You get wallpapers and even a nifty little symbol beside your XMB avatar along with a free game a month.

I honestly think that's good enough and can live without a little feature in home as I believe plus was intended for the main purpose of gaming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 58 (42 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Found these in an EU thread about the same topic, you get a shirt when you buy the Playstation Plus service in the EU region, here'e what it looks like.

They also mention that this shirt is one of the first Rental items in Home, so I take it if you cancel your subscription you lose any Home items you recieved by being signed up, Here's the thread link as well if you want to read up on it.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PlayStation-Plus-Home-Item/td-p/11048016

PhotobucketPhotobucket

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 9 of 58 (42 Views)
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Amen to that, op! Plus shouldn't be seperate from Home, as it's part of the PSN as a whole. I'm really looking forward to offerings that us PS+ members receive in Home. Public voice chat in certain spaces would be nice as well, along with video/audio streaming which I suggested for PS+ members in the past.

And to people crying and moaning that it just "brags that you spent $50", this is a case of that ugly $15 suit all over again, now isn't it?

Message 10 of 58 (42 Views)
0 Likes