Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: Privacy in Public Spaces

Feb 26, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
Conrad_Max says:
"Now if you were being exremely "lovey-dovey" with someone in a public area and distracting or disruptive to those around you, I would suggest to you to go to a personal space. If you didn't do so within five minutes (hit me) I would report you for being disruptive."

Really? You'd report people for being lovey-dovey for 5 minutes?!? o_O

why not he is quite open about reporting everyone else for everthing else!  I dont see how this is surprising....

original.gif

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 41 of 50 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Feb 26, 2014
Good lookin' out, Mya! *Hugs for less than 5 minutes*

Message 42 of 50 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

XrazgarX wrote:

StephieRawks wrote:
Conrad_Max says:
"Now if you were being exremely "lovey-dovey" with someone in a public area and distracting or disruptive to those around you, I would suggest to you to go to a personal space. If you didn't do so within five minutes (hit me) I would report you for being disruptive."

why not he is quite open about reporting everyone else for everthing else!  I dont see how this is surprising....

Exactly.  In fact, I suspect his Select button is thoroughly worn out by now.

What is surprising is that he would wait more than a few seconds... Unless there's something else he is doing during that 5 min period that he isn't sharing with us... And now that I think about it, maybe that's just as well he didn't.  Some things can't be unseen. Smiley Wink

On a serious note, I suspect one of the many reasons moderation in Home has gotten so bad is the number of false, meaningless, or extremely minor infractions that get reported that likely overwhelm a clearly understaffed Home moderation department (if you even want to call it that).

Now Sony could have and should have given users more tools to avoid a lot of personal conflicts and even customize their personal experience in Home.  Like the often requested option to make make an avatar disappear from your view that you feel looks or acts inappropriately or offensive, and likewise, makes your avatar disappear from their view.  

After all, think about all the endless arguments that have been made in this forum about people wearing clothes they personally feel are too sexy in public spaces, or showing too much or even any amount of PDA.  Or people arguing that they don't like it when people aren't wearing outfits that go along with the theme of a public space, and using that as a justification for the built-in restrictions to the Pottermore Spaces.

If we had an option to select what avatars we chose to see, problem solved.... Without wasting time preaching how Home isn't Family Friendly enough.

But even without additional options to customize our personal experiences in Home that should have been a part of Home along time ago and should be added now - there are still many ways you can deal with a situation without having to waste anyone's time by reporting it.  

Yes, clearly there are many infraction that absolutely should be reported - just as there are many times people are clearly reporting others that in no way deserved to be reported and only wasted some mods time, or worse, caused serious infractions to go unresolved or delayed due to wasting that mods time researching a false report.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 43 of 50 (195 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Feb 26, 2014

D-Nitrate wrote:

XrazgarX wrote:

StephieRawks wrote:
Conrad_Max says:

What is surprising is that he would wait more than a few seconds... Unless there's something else he is doing during that 5 min period that he isn't sharing with us... And now that I think about it, maybe that's just as well he didn't.  Some things can't be unseen. Smiley Wink

On a serious note, I suspect one of the many reasons moderation in Home has gotten so bad is the number of false, meaningless, or extremely minor infractions that get reported that likely overwhelm a clearly understaffed Home moderation department (if you even want to call it that).

Now Sony could have and should have given users more tools to avoid a lot of personal conflicts and even customize their personal experience in Home.  Like the often requested option to make make an avatar disappear from your view that you feel looks or acts inappropriately or offensive, and likewise, makes your avatar disappear from their view.  

After all, think about all the endless arguments that have been made in this forum about people wearing clothes they personally feel are too sexy in public spaces, or showing too much or even any amount of PDA.  Or people arguing that they don't like it when people aren't wearing outfits that go along with the theme of a public space, and using that as a justification for the built-in restrictions to the Pottermore Spaces.

If we had an option to select what avatars we chose to see, problem solved.... Without wasting time preaching how Home isn't Family Friendly enough.

But even without additional options to customize our personal experiences in Home that should have been a part of Home along time ago and should be added now - there are still many ways you can deal with a situation without having to waste anyone's time by reporting it.  

Yes, clearly there are many infraction that absolutely should be reported - just as there are many times people are clearly reporting others that in no way deserved to be reported and only wasted some mods time, or worse, caused serious infractions to go resolved or delayed due to wasting that mods time researching a false report.

Nah...I think was Conrad was trying to say is: more quickies! Smiley Tongue

Message 44 of 50 (183 Views)
Sackboy
280 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I don't understand why Sony would invest so much money creating such an awesome virtual world that is loved by so many people around the world without at least making some effort to promote it.

I can't recall the last time I saw Home promoted anywhere in the daming world.

Message 45 of 50 (174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Just glad Conrad was no where to be seen at the Dolphy races...

Smiley Wink

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 46 of 50 (155 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Feb 26, 2014
IKR?! Pretty sure we would have broken his 5-minute rule Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 50 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
74 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Yeah, people and their sense of entitlement can be overwhelming at times. Though, if others are being a nucense, then I feel that those being effected should have a right to tell them to leave, report, ect. But if you're in a certain area not bothering anyone and are simply enjoying yourself with a friend or something, and someone tells you where to stand or move to, then sure, I understand. 

I agree with you for the most part, I only wanted to add how I felt about this situation you brought up. I totally understand what you're touching on, though. Nice post! (^^)

Message 48 of 50 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
74 posts

Feb 27, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

XrazgarX wrote:

StephieRawks wrote:
Conrad_Max says:

Yes, clearly there are many infraction that absolutely should be reported - just as there are many times people are clearly reporting others that in no way deserved to be reported and only wasted some mods time, or worse, caused serious infractions to go resolved or delayed due to wasting that mods time researching a false report.

Nah...I think was Conrad was trying to say is: more quickies! Smiley Tongue

Totally! He needs to do something with all of his alone time, besides worshiping everything Sony has to offer.  x) 

Message 49 of 50 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
74 posts

Feb 27, 2014

jake_nightly wrote:

I don't understand why Sony would invest so much money creating such an awesome virtual world that is loved by so many people around the world without at least making some effort to promote it.

I can't recall the last time I saw Home promoted anywhere in the daming world.

I could not agree with you more! I've said the same thing to myself countless times! 

Message 50 of 50 (118 Views)
0 Likes