Survivor
1979 posts

Re: Religion Recruitment on Home

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

Awesome!! So that settles it ... I will start my club and we can all discuss this on HOME. XD I am an Atheist and I listen to all sides but because God and I have a personal relationship and Jesus and I are best buds. It doesn't matter that Buddha, Mohammed, and Yahweh ... not to mention Zeus, Drama, and Allah are going to be their as well. They are all just waiting to hear from you.

Message 61 of 78 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Our country was actually founded by extremely superstitious farmers and religious zealots. We have Rhode Island and Utah because of this.

Most people get hung up on this and point to this amendment as the justification for separation of church and state. That's not in there. There's also nothing in there that applies to private organizations. That comes later, in the 14th Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Something important to note that I stumbled across the deifintion of a person or persons are as follows:

natural person
n. a real human being, as distinguished from a corporation, which...
person
n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the right...

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?typed=person&type=1

Yet the legal definition of a human being is....

From Ballentine's Law Dictionary, 1948 Edition. 'Human Being' is defined as follows: 'See monster' . From the same dictionary, 'monster' is defined: 'A human-being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal.'
      This is an unusual definition, but like all Law Dictionaries on this subject, a non-definition. It only states that a 'human being' is a higher animal. It is not found anywhere in Scripture that a Christian Man or Woman is an animal or part of the animal kingdom. This being the case, then what exactly is a 'human being.'
      From the Oxford New English Dictionary of 1901, 'human' is defined as, '3. Belonging or relative to man as distinguished from God or superhuman beings; pertaining to the sphere or faculties of man (with implication of limitation or inferiority); mundane; secular. (Often opposed to divine.)'

http://www.hisholychurch.net/sermon/human.htm

So legally...human beings are monsters and also can be considered corporations.

Now how crazy is that ?

So technically we as people are also Monsters Inc.

Message 62 of 78 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

How about an Atheist club?  Would you guys join my Atheist club?

Sorry but that would actually go against my religion. Maybe I don't go to church or read the bible as much as I should, but I do believe that we were created by a higher being or power.

What if they served tasty sandwiches and refreshing beverages?

That would sway me as long as it's a non-prophet organization.

Message 63 of 78 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) Heh. It could also be argued that Home qualifies as a part of the public hospitality sector, because folks spend so much time here socializing....

If I was a lawyer looking to file a suit, I'd definitely make this argument. One of the fascinating things about online networks is that the courts have no idea how to treat them.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 64 of 78 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Lawyers can also argue that a religious belief can be loosely defined as just about anything that their client claims to hold true. A helpful defense in many civil suits, especially involving disputes with employers.
castle3
Message 65 of 78 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Mar 7, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote: 

So legally...human beings are monsters

Now how crazy is that ?

dont tell that to those idiot gaga fans

Message 66 of 78 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Mar 7, 2013

myalana wrote:

That would sway me as long as it's a non-prophet oganization.

ROTFL!!

Message 67 of 78 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

v funny gotta side with mya on that HotChick lol too many false prophets in tha forums amazed there aint more cults on home

awww hell no girls in next area were sayin totes and i said totes had to change that proooonto edited my message

Message 68 of 78 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Mar 7, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Our country was actually founded by extremely superstitious farmers and religious zealots. We have Rhode Island and Utah because of this.

Most people get hung up on this and point to this amendment as the justification for separation of church and state. That's not in there. There's also nothing in there that applies to private organizations. That comes later, in the 14th Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Something important to note that I stumbled across the deifintion of a person or persons are as follows:

natural person
n. a real human being, as distinguished from a corporation, which...
person
n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the right...

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?typed=person&type=1

Yet the legal definition of a human being is....

From Ballentine's Law Dictionary, 1948 Edition. 'Human Being' is defined as follows: 'See monster' . From the same dictionary, 'monster' is defined: 'A human-being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal.'
      This is an unusual definition, but like all Law Dictionaries on this subject, a non-definition. It only states that a 'human being' is a higher animal. It is not found anywhere in Scripture that a Christian Man or Woman is an animal or part of the animal kingdom. This being the case, then what exactly is a 'human being.'
      From the Oxford New English Dictionary of 1901, 'human' is defined as, '3. Belonging or relative to man as distinguished from God or superhuman beings; pertaining to the sphere or faculties of man (with implication of limitation or inferiority); mundane; secular. (Often opposed to divine.)'

So legally...human beings are monsters and also can be considered corporations.

Now how crazy is that ?

So technically we as people are also Monsters Inc.

Ballentines is not actual law, its a lawyers dictionary with definitions.

Any living or non living thing can be a monster as long as it is outside of mans extreme normal perspective, physically and mentally.

Human apprehension of life, related to current human circumstances are labels, projected by man only to understand what's not  recognized.

Rawwwr...

Message 69 of 78 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I've been praying to a golden calf in my living room for resolution of the item storage problems in 1.75. Hasn't worked yet.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 70 of 78 (70 Views)
0 Likes