I remember a video game company published the names of people, their user names, of people they said cheated or said things against their TOS in online play. I have no idea whether it was effective. (I don't play online but in the sports games I have gone online to read leader boards, news, download roasters and other things of that ilk.)
1) We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.
2) Reporing someone and proving it are two different things.
3) Patches cannot be issued out like bus transfers. It takes time.
4) "Pointing out the people" in the forums is blacklisting and harassment. Isn't one of the biggest complaints in Home harassment? And for the past three weekends harassment and blacklisting have been very evident on these forums. Most likely by the same people who harass in Home.
5) A lot of people I used to see everyday and I have been reported are no longer a part of Home. Weird.
6) I'm done here. Good bye.
First of all there is no WE your'e just a regular user like everyone else.
2ndly by using your own logic, whats the use of reporting if Sony takes the approach to place the burden of proof on the victims instead of closely monitoring people who constantly have a high incidence of being reported in the past ?
And who said anything about Patching ? You cant put a band aid on a shotgun blast and expect everything to be ok. And thats all patches are, temporary fixes until core upgrades.
We all knew it wouldnt last an entire month after the so called Freeze Patch was announced, and the way I remember it Sony messed up the only workaround DNS anti freeze that worked leaving us all even more vulnerable.
So again by your own logic even if we have screenshots of people asking moderators for permission to freeze people (that we have taken the time to provide) and several complaints have been filed about particular people and Sony does nothing, then who is actually being harassed ?
And the only thing weird is the handful of people doing it havent been punished severly enough (if at all) to prevent them from continuing to do it.
If youre going to brownose at least bring a handy wipe for afterwards.
i agree with pretty much everything youve said, illumin-x. the moderation in Home and actions taken against offenders is horrible at best.
- the report feature is outdated and terribly laggy. ive actually had Home freeze on me a couple of times while pushing select to bring up the menu, and the freezing wasnt because of a person.
- us regular Home users are the front line for dealing with offenders. its been years since ive seen a mod publicly tell someone to stop doing something. i used to see it all the time in the Central Plaza when someone was using bad language, spamming or just being a jerk.
- 9 times out of 10 nothing is done when a person gets reported. if something does happen, its always far later after said person committed the offense. its like calling the cops when someone is harassing a person and the cops show up a day later. and the majority of users say that they continue seeing the same people in Home regardless of those people being reported(guess Conrad_Max is special or something in which mods take his reports first)
- and as Conrad_Max said, we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes. but that is not a good thing. when cops bust someone, the public is allowed to know what happens. id like to see a follup from mods by any reports we have made. we dont necessarily need to know details, just whether the report was justified and if actions were taken.
- patches a fixes for exploits people are using to disrupt Home seem as if they are low priority. we never hear anything from the Home team about these issues until they get serious, then they come out of the woodwork for damage control. at least acknowledging the issues would be nice. id be happy to see the typical Sony response of "we know about this and we are working on fixing it" than not seeing anything.
It would be interesting to see some verifiable stats on this, because a lot of people make comments like this, and we know that Sony does not report moderating actions. So I'm curious where this "estimate" comes from.
Police are public servants paid by tax dollars, and the public is entitled to know. Sony is a private business and their customers are NOT entitled to know how they choose to enforce their own rules. The justice system of free enterprise has always been, if you don't provide a service or product the consumers are willing to pay for, you go out of business.
People get suspended and or banned here on these forums more than they ever would on Home.
If Home's moderation was even 1/10th as strict as it is here...maybe it would solve a few problems. Maybe not. IDK
1) The primary means of reporting offenses in Home is by tapping the Select button and scrolling to the report option. If that is impossible, we can come here and send a private message (PM) to HomeForumMods. It is in this PM that we can list names.
2) When sending a PM to HomeForumMods, include the offender's PSN ID, the date, time, time zone and to reason for the report.
I know I'm being off topic but, WELCOME BACK CONRAD!!!!!!!
It's great to see you posting outside of the suggestion thread again.
A lot of people might say you are untrustworthy because you went back on your word when you said you wouldn't post again on the forums, but to those people I would say, "You are 100% right. There's no arguing against that point you made but cmon he's an american hero. Who needs integrity when you have an american hero?"
Back on topic, Conrad is right. Tell on everybody.
The North American PlayStation Home Central Plaza of 2013, presented to you in Technicolor:
A concept image brought to you by our heroes.
1984 is the blueprint for how it should be done. I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling.....
People are right.
Home moderation sucks.
Sony's ability to close the hole that even allows freezing sucks.
Sony's will to properly punish those who are guilty of freezing sucks.
Yet everyone in this thread that is complaining still uses Home. Interesting.
After all this time, do any of you honestly expect Sony to listen to your complaints on this forum, or in general.
Sony's official customer support policy is simply this.
"If you are still willing to give us your money, then you can direct any and all complaints to that brick wall over there."
You hate the freezing. You hate the moderation. You hate the patching that Sony does.
Yet you still give Home your money. You still give Home Marketing and sales metrics by logging in to it. Under those circumstances, why would Sony choose to listen to you? What possible motivation would they have to really address this problem?
You want things to change, STOP USING HOME. This issue would have been fixed 2 months after it started if it resulted in users on mass not logging in anymore.
But no. You go back. You keep buying. You keep giving them your money. It's like addicts going back to their dealer. They know what they are doing is not good for them, yet back they go, begging the dealer to once again give them more of what is killing them.
As far as I'm concerned, if you people are going to continue to use this service, and enable the current situation that exists, you have no right to complain.
Be One With The Game.
It appears freezing has been patched. For how long remains to be seen.
Exactly. This is a dead thread that holds little to no water anymore, given it's based off something that no longer is an issue.
Secondly, moderation has definitely changed on Home. Sony finally got it through their heads that the moderators at the time were completely inept at their jobs and finally were canned and replaced by moderators that can do the job they signed up for.