Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: START buying this junk

May 25, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
I have just returned after a 10 month hiatus... the first thing I did was to drop 40 bucks onto my acct. The next thing I'm going to do is drop 40 more today. I love buying this junk and you may think it's not 'yours' in the end buf it certainly was all still here waiting for me when I returned. Life is good - Home is even better... buy buy buy and if you don't like it - bye bye bye Smiley Happy
....its great to be back!

Welcome back!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 71 (301 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

May 25, 2013
Thank you very much!! Ill tell you...I sure did miss all of you!!
Message 22 of 71 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3139 posts

May 25, 2013

Like most multiplayer games out there, they all have add-on content to enhance the game quality and entertainment level, well same goes for Home...they have add-on content to enhance our entertainment level to keep it going. I say it isn't junk but just another add-on to a great Social Gaming Network Smiley Happy

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 23 of 71 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

May 25, 2013

About time I get some LMO's. Wings, dances, motorcycle.... Plenty of choices now! 

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.
6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 24 of 71 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

May 25, 2013

I do love to shop and buy on home.

Just think of the movies you pay big bucks to go see, not to mention the visit to the concession bar, where you spend a ridiculous amount of money. Now, I ask you, what do you have after the movie? A big fat nothing!!!!

I spend money on home on virtual "junk" and what do I have?

The makings of hours of good fun, that's what I say, so my buying virtual "junk" on home is just too much fun for me to stop now, and I look forward to the many more pieces of "junk" that I can scoop up for my entertainment pleasure!

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 25 of 71 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
2517 posts

May 25, 2013

I have bought quite a few main stream games in my life and have earned 10 platinum trophies. Once I complete a game I put it on the shelf and never touch it again. I get anywhere from a few weeks to a few months of enjoyment out of it and it's done. I have nothing to show for it, and the trophies aren't going to pay my rent. Ah yes... I do get some shiny plastic disks to play Frisbee with.

I have a few items on home that I still use after 3 years. I think they have certainly given me more than their .49c value in entertainment. And that $2.00 dress pales in comparison to that $200.00one  I saw in the store recently, But then I'm not expecting much for $2. If I had saved it, it probably wouldn't have been enough for a decent deli sandwich.

The point many people are trying to make is, yes we know what downloadable content is. Some of us have actually read the terms of service and buy home content with the full knowledge of what we are doing. I doubt anyone is compromising their mortgage payment to buy the latest LMO.

So to the people who feel the need to troll these forums telling others what they should and shouldn't be spending their money on, my spending habits will never ever effect you, so why is it so important what other people do?

Message 26 of 71 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

May 25, 2013

I don't buy much on Home anymore because most of the merchandise really does not interest me.  Nonetheless, it's never a waste of money or junk if the buyer enjoys their purchases.

When I do decide to spend any money on Home, it's still just about the least expensive activity in which I participate. Just this weekend, I'm seeing 2 concerts that will likely cost me more than I've spent in Home over the past 4 years. I certainly do not consider that to be a waste of money just because it will all be over by tomorrow night. I wouldn't miss a second of it, expenses be damned.

Enjoy your Home purchases while you can, folks. If you enjoy yourselves, it's money well spent.

castle3
Message 27 of 71 (238 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

May 25, 2013
Im not buying more junk until theres more male jeans on the Home Originals section. Otherwise the spending is going towards my chicken nuggets.
Message 28 of 71 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
183 posts

May 25, 2013
Ohhhh... I do love all my junk!!! Especially my junky Lockwood Dream Island... Those horrible peep toe heels.... Those were so junky that I bought every single pair! The junkiest thing of all, is my PODI, with its stupid fireworks display. And did someone mention an nDreams Club?!? I need that junk too, LoL!!😜😜👊💢
Message 29 of 71 (172 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

May 25, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

I have bought quite a few main stream games in my life and have earned 10 platinum trophies. Once I complete a game I put it on the shelf and never touch it again. I get anywhere from a few weeks to a few months of enjoyment out of it and it's done. I have nothing to show for it, and the trophies aren't going to pay my rent. Ah yes... I do get some shiny plastic disks to play Frisbee with.

I have a few items on home that I still use after 3 years. I think they have certainly given me more than their .49c value in entertainment. And that $2.00 dress pales in comparison to that $200.00one  I saw in the store recently, But then I'm not expecting much for $2. If I had saved it, it probably wouldn't have been enough for a decent deli sandwich.

The point many people are trying to make is, yes we know what downloadable content is. Some of us have actually read the terms of service and buy home content with the full knowledge of what we are doing. I doubt anyone is compromising their mortgage payment to buy the latest LMO.

So to the people who feel the need to troll these forums telling others what they should and shouldn't be spending their money on, my spending habits will never ever effect you, so why is it so important what other people do?

Are you saying that I'm not going to get a real life version in the mail of every virtual item that I've bought on Home? Oh no!!! And I thought that Home's is a marketplace for discounted items, that I can preview in the virtual world and then enjoy in the real world.

Sniff... :-)

(JK, ROTFL)

Message 30 of 71 (162 Views)