Feb 14 2013
By: Patchex Fender Bender 3152 posts

Show a little Love for the Ferris Wheel today while your In Pier Park!

3 replies 292 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

Today is Valentines Day yet it was also George Ferris' Birthday. He invented the Ferris Wheel. So if you get the chance, reflect on that while your Running around on your Valentines day Questing... 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Gale_Ferris,_Jr.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 4 (292 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Re: Show a little Love for the Ferris Wheel today while your In Pier Park!

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

;^) I actually ran a Ferris Wheel for a few years and never knew that. Thanks, Patchex.

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Neat info!

How do you ever find these things out, Patchex!

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Feb 16, 2013

I knew that info for a long time... Back before I had children I worked for a moving Carnival. I also put my first Merry go round together when I was 16... My First Ferris Wheel and Tilt a Whirl when I was 18.  I met my Ex Husband threw my Job at the Carnival. I tought Him how to Assemble Rides cause he was a Jointy, which means Some one who works a game and Cheats people out of thier money cause almost every carnival game is Rigged... maybe I should write a Book about how they are all rigged and tell people how to beat the canivals at thier own game lol maybe not, cause then I WOULD have a lot of people mad at me, not to mention a lot of People Depend on the money from those jobs. 

Yet I was reminded about the Ferris Wheel thing when I woke up on Valentines Day by a Google Add with the Ferris Wheel and Love matching with Dif. Animals. When I saw it on Google I remembered that it was George Ferris' Bday, and instead of being mad about all the Hearts, roses and Crap I saw every where, I decided to Post something Positive instead. I am glad you that read it like the info... 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4 (99 Views)